RemedySpot.com

Re:Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Are you taking folic acid with it? If not you can buy OTC folic acid or get a prescription from your doctor for it. If that is not effective then ask for Luecovorin which a much stronger type of folic acid and is suppose to help with the side effects.

If you are taking oral pills try going to injectable instead. That is also suppose to lessen the GI side effects.

I stopped taking MTX due to side effects which were: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, mouth sores, eye sores, dizziness, and exhaustion.

Good luck

Toni

Posted by: "yasdnilnoyl" yasdnilnoyl@... yasdnilnoyl

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:42 pm (PST)

Hey! I was diagnosed with RA about a year and a half ago. I have beenin this drug study from the beginning. I have to take Methotrexate init, but for the past 4-5 months i get really really nauseous for 3 daysafter I take it! I'm to the point now where if I even THINK abouttaking it my stomach turns. I know that part's psychological, but thephysical reaction is VERY real.It's interfereing with my life. I have a hard time working because Ifeel so sick all the time. All my Dr has suggested is splitting up thepills, but that hasn't helped. I also tried some anti-nausea pillsprescribed by my Dr, but they only helped a little & made me VERY VERYtired.Will the nausea pass after a while? Or does anyone have any othersuggestions? Thank you! I'd really appreciate some advice!!AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.