RemedySpot.com

RE: Been Awhile...Morning Stiffness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

dear elisabeth ihade rh for 20 years its nasty i think you need another med too your in a flare see your dr good luck ill pray for you bless you june See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

I haven't been on the website for a very long time, and don't get on very often, so some may not remember me. I've noticed it too. Of course, I'm 51, but I'm wondering if it's weather related. I don't know where you live. (I live in Indiana.) While I may not live in one of the worst places for cold weather, it gets plenty cold for me. Right now, the weather is backing and forthing, so to speak. One day it's cold enough for me to want my winter coat and the next my winter coat almost feels like too much. That could explain it. Another thing. I'm not on Humira, so I'm not familiar with it or how it works, but you might want to talk to your rheumy. Take care, Susie <catdelouise@...> wrote: Hi All,Some of you may remember me....I had to drop out of here regularly just being too busy being a new mom...well, now Dylan is 14 months old and is just a joy to us! Anyway, I am on Humira for my RA but of late, like, the past 2 or 3 weeks I have noticed increasing morning stiffness in my hands, feet, and in some other joints. It does get better as the day progresses but I find it impossible to sleep for a whole night as it is somewhat painful as well. I get up in the morning and my fingers look like sausages but then they become normal.I went back to work in May and was blessed to be able to work from home until mid-October, but now I am back in an office so

there is less time to do things.I wonder if I should do something about this stiffness, like take another med with it, or be happy with where I am and just live with it?Your thougths, please!Hope you are all as well as possible!

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

I tried the Humira for a total of 2 shots before I went back on Enbrel. I didn't get half the relief from the Humira that I do with Enbrel and I experienced the swelling and the stiffness also. Also the stiffness didn't get any better as the day went on. (My rheumatologist was trying to make it easier on me by not having to do as many injections). I was the off all meds for another month before I could go back to the Enbrel. I self-inject Enbrel twice a week, take 15mgs of MTX weekly and am usually able to handle most situations. Unfortunately, I am allergic to Naproxen and most other pain meds, so I have learned to deal with the pain. (If it gets extremely painful though I have found that either heat or ice works wonders)I read about drinking a cup of hot water with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 2 teaspoons of honey 2 or 3 times a day that is supposed to help with the pain, but I haven't needed anything for pain in

a while. The cold weather is just getting started and I will probably need it before much longer. <catdelouise@...> wrote: Hi All, Some of you may remember me....I had to drop out of here regularly just being too busy being a new mom...well, now Dylan is 14 months old and is just a joy to us! Anyway, I am on Humira for my RA but of late, like, the past 2 or 3 weeks I have noticed increasing morning stiffness in my hands, feet, and in some other joints. It does get better as the day progresses

but I find it impossible to sleep for a whole night as it is somewhat painful as well. I get up in the morning and my fingers look like sausages but then they become normal. I went back to work in May and was blessed to be able to work from home until mid-October, but now I am back in an office so there is less time to do things. I wonder if I should do something about this stiffness, like take another med with it, or be happy with where I am and just live with it? Your thougths, please! Hope you are all as well as possible!

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

Welcome back.  The board has been pretty

slow lately but I get new posts by e-mail so I keep up with things.

I’m sorry things are getting worse

for you.  It could be just a flare or it could be that you are becoming

resistant to Humira.  Apparently sometimes it works for a few months or a few

years and then slowly stops working.  I don’t know how to distinguish

between that and a flare, but with luck you will get over a flare while with

the medicine stopping effectiveness it will keep getting worse.  Unfortunately

people are all different so you have to listen to your body to find out what

works for you.  I have read that some people take a second DMARD along with a

biologic to help prevent the body from rejecting the biologic.  I’m doing

well on Remicade and Methotrexate, and have been doing well for almost 6

years.  Sulfasalazine, Plaquenil, Arava among others may help to make the

Humira more effective.  Methotrexate is perhaps more commonly used but is not

good for people who may want more children.  I hope you get things back under

control.  God bless.

From: Rheumatoid Arthritis [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of

Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007

3:38 AM

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject:

[sPAM] Been Awhile...Morning Stiffness

Hi All,

Some of you may remember me....I had to drop out of here regularly just being

too busy being a new mom...well, now Dylan is 14 months old and is just a joy

to us!

Anyway, I am on Humira for my RA but of late, like, the past 2 or 3 weeks I

have noticed increasing morning stiffness in my hands, feet, and in some

other joints. It does get better as the day progresses but I find it impossible

to

sleep for a whole night as it is somewhat painful as well. I get up in the

morning and my fingers look like sausages but then they become normal.

I went back to work in May and was blessed to be able to work from home

until mid-October, but now I am back in an office so there is less time to do

things.

I wonder if I should do something about this stiffness, like take another med

with it, or be happy with where I am and just live with it?

Your thougths, please!

Hope you are all as well as possible!

Thanks for writing, everyone.

I fear you are right, Harold. My RA is continuing to worsen, affected both

hands and feet in the exact same areas, is their such a thing as " quad " -

lateral? lol.

I took a Percoset and a half last night and had no relief whatsoever. I do find

some relief with paraffin treatments.

I am trying to maintain a happy outlook as the holidays are upon us but it is

difficult. I am scared about what is to come.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Love,

>

> Welcome back. The board has been pretty slow lately but I get new posts

by

> e-mail so I keep up with things.

>

>

>

> I'm sorry things are getting worse for you. It could be just a flare or it

> could be that you are becoming resistant to Humira. Apparently sometimes

it

> works for a few months or a few years and then slowly stops working. I

> don't know how to distinguish between that and a flare, but with luck you

> will get over a flare while with the medicine stopping effectiveness it will

> keep getting worse. Unfortunately people are all different so you have to

> listen to your body to find out what works for you. I have read that some

> people take a second DMARD along with a biologic to help prevent the

body

> from rejecting the biologic. I'm doing well on Remicade and Methotrexate,

> and have been doing well for almost 6 years. Sulfasalazine, Plaquenil,

> Arava among others may help to make the Humira more effective.

Methotrexate

> is perhaps more commonly used but is not good for people who may want

more

> children. I hope you get things back under control. God bless.

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From: Rheumatoid Arthritis

> [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of

> Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 3:38 AM

> Rheumatoid Arthritis

> Subject: [sPAM] Been Awhile...Morning Stiffness

>

>

>

> Hi All,

>

> Some of you may remember me....I had to drop out of here regularly just

> being

> too busy being a new mom...well, now Dylan is 14 months old and is just a

> joy

> to us!

>

> Anyway, I am on Humira for my RA but of late, like, the past 2 or 3 weeks I

> have noticed increasing morning stiffness in my hands, feet, and in some

> other joints. It does get better as the day progresses but I find it

> impossible to

> sleep for a whole night as it is somewhat painful as well. I get up in the

> morning and my fingers look like sausages but then they become normal.

>

> I went back to work in May and was blessed to be able to work from home

> until mid-October, but now I am back in an office so there is less time to

> do

> things.

>

> I wonder if I should do something about this stiffness, like take another

> med

> with it, or be happy with where I am and just live with it?

>

> Your thougths, please!

>

> Hope you are all as well as possible!

>

>

>

please tell me what you all think of remicade infusion ive had rh for 20 yrs i took many meds over the years and a lot of shots for bad flare ups now im on low dose of preda sone 2 mg a day and mtx im afraid to take infusions i am in alot of pain and i cant walk far im 70 now i love life and want to enjoy my family not be a burden i read your letters all the time first time i ever wrote bless you all juneCheck out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Hi !

I'm so sorry you are having these troubles! I have 2 kids, a 4 yr

old and a 2 yr old! Humira, for the past year has been a blessing

for me!

Wow Harold, I never knew you could get resistant to it!

I found out the hard way, I was allergic to Sulfazine. So, that is

out in my future.

I hope things settle down and you can continue with your meds. Have

you called your rheumy?

good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

>

> Hi All,

>

> Some of you may remember me....I had to drop out of here regularly

just being

> too busy being a new mom...well, now Dylan is 14 months old and is

just a joy

> to us!

>

> Anyway, I am on Humira for my RA but of late, like, the past 2 or 3

weeks I

> have noticed increasing morning stiffness in my hands, feet, and in

some

> other joints. It does get better as the day progresses but I find

it impossible to

> sleep for a whole night as it is somewhat painful as well. I get

up in the

> morning and my fingers look like sausages but then they become

normal.

>

> I went back to work in May and was blessed to be able to work from

home

> until mid-October, but now I am back in an office so there is less

time to do

> things.

>

> I wonder if I should do something about this stiffness, like take

another med

> with it, or be happy with where I am and just live with it?

>

> Your thougths, please!

>

> Hope you are all as well as possible!

>

>

>

Hi , Welcome back! I cant believe he is already 14 months old, wow time flies. Anyway, before I had my daughter I was just getting gold injections and taking prednisone and darvocet. A year after I had her I ended up on MTX, and Remicade along with the gold injections. You may just be ready for a new med. Pregnancy can sure put a toll on your body. But its worth it LOL. Good Luck. I hope you find something that will work for you so you can keep enjoying your baby. <catdelouise@...> wrote: Hi All,Some of you may remember me....I had to drop out of here regularly just being too busy being a new mom...well, now Dylan is 14 months old and is just a joy to us! Anyway, I am on Humira for my RA but of late, like, the past 2 or 3 weeks I have noticed increasing morning stiffness in my hands, feet, and in some other joints. It does get better as the day progresses but I find it impossible to sleep for a whole night as it is somewhat painful as well. I get up in the morning and my fingers look like sausages but then they become normal.I went back to work in May and was blessed to be able to work from home until mid-October, but now I am back in an office so there is less time

to do things.I wonder if I should do something about this stiffness, like take another med with it, or be happy with where I am and just live with it?Your thougths, please!Hope you are all as well as possible!

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

my name is not elizabeth

Rheumatoid Arthritis From: angelac71@...Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:57:42 -0800Subject: Re: Been Awhile...Morning Stiffness

Hi ,

Welcome back! I cant believe he is already 14 months old, wow time flies. Anyway, before I had my daughter I was just getting gold injections and taking prednisone and darvocet. A year after I had her I ended up on MTX, and Remicade along with the gold injections. You may just be ready for a new med. Pregnancy can sure put a toll on your body. But its worth it LOL.

Good Luck. I hope you find something that will work for you so you can keep enjoying your baby.

<catdelouisecomcast (DOT) net> wrote:

Hi All,Some of you may remember me....I had to drop out of here regularly just being too busy being a new mom...well, now Dylan is 14 months old and is just a joy to us! Anyway, I am on Humira for my RA but of late, like, the past 2 or 3 weeks I have noticed increasing morning stiffness in my hands, feet, and in some other joints. It does get better as the day progresses but I find it impossible to sleep for a whole night as it is somewhat painful as well. I get up in the morning and my fingers look like sausages but then they become normal.I went back to work in May and was blessed to be able to work from home until mid-October, but now I am back in an office so there is less time to do things.I wonder if I should do something about this stiffness, like take another med with it, or be happy with where I am and just live with it?Your thougths, please!Hope you are all as well as possible!

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now. Join Lavalife for free. What are you waiting for?

, I was responding to . Everyone one the list receives the post. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Hope all is well. julie mckinnon <lotscuddles@...> wrote: my name is not elizabeth Rheumatoid Arthritis From: angelac71 Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:57:42 -0800Subject: Re: Been

Awhile...Morning Stiffness Hi , Welcome back! I cant believe he is already 14 months old, wow time flies. Anyway, before I had my daughter I was just getting gold injections and taking prednisone and darvocet. A year after I had her I ended up on MTX, and Remicade along with the gold injections. You may just be ready for a new med. Pregnancy can sure put a toll on your body. But its worth it LOL. Good Luck. I hope you find something that will work for you so you can keep enjoying your baby. <catdelouisecomcast (DOT) net> wrote: Hi All,Some of you may remember me....I had to drop out of here regularly just being too busy being a new mom...well, now Dylan is 14 months old and is just a joy to us! Anyway, I am on Humira for my RA but of late, like, the past 2 or 3 weeks I have noticed increasing morning stiffness in my hands, feet, and in some other joints. It does get better as the day progresses but I find it impossible to sleep for a whole night as it is somewhat painful as well. I get up in the morning and my fingers look like sausages but then they become normal.I went back to work in May and was blessed to be able to work from home until mid-October, but now I am back in an office so there is less time to do things.I wonder if I should do something about this stiffness, like take another med with it, or be happy with where I am and just live with

it?Your thougths, please!Hope you are all as well as possible! Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now. Join Lavalife for free. What are you waiting

for?

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.