RemedySpot.com

I have been reading

Rate this topic

Guest guest

a lot lately about people worrying about the possible side effects of medications given for RA and I remembered something . If you actually weigh out the possibility of a side effect versus the almost guaranteed negatives of not treating your disease, it becomes obvious which way you should go. Worried about the possibility of weight gain? How about not being able to get out of bed on your own?Possibility of liver damage? Remember that your liver is capable of repairing itself with time in most cases and the is why your liver counts are monitored by the doctor. Wouldn't it be worse not to be able to button your own clothes?Possibility of TB? How about not being able to pick up your child or grandchild?The possible side effects are scary but the negative of not treating the disease is even worse. I have had to go off the meds for certain problems, and I have

even forgotten to take them on occasion, but I promise you I am reminded soon enough. I have had to quit taking them when I had a problem, but I was always happy to go back on them. At this time I am worried about more about not being able to take care of my autistic son and not being able to play with the greatest grandchild in the world than I am about the possible side effects of my medication. It takes me more exercise to try to lose some weight, but at least with my medications I am able to exercise with out as much pain. With my medications, at least I can get up on my own and not have to call someone to help me get out of the bed, or even more embarrassing having to call someone in to help me finish using the toilet. My hands hurt, but I have learned to deal with the pain. My fingers are beginning to twist some, but that has slowed down due to the medications. I have

to figure it would be a lot worse with out the medication. ( I have proof of it with a brother that doesn't take any of medication, he was diagnosed after I was and he is in considerably worse shape physically). I will take the possible side effects over the sure problems any day.

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.