Guest guest

Guest guest

Sheena you are a gem.

So beautiful a story... I didn't need to cry but I am anyway! *HUGS*

Love A.

*Medical Resources and Support*http://www.elderwyn.com/medicallinks

*Aisha Elderwyn*http://www.elderwyn.com/aisha

crying

Hi All...If sometimes you get dsown and are afraid to show your feelingsand even cry...read the following...sheena :)She Told Me It Was Okay to Cry I saw her last night for the first time in years. She wasmiserable. She had bleached her hair, trying to hide its true color, just as her rough front hid herdeep unhappiness. She needed to talk, so we went for a walk. While I thought about myfuture, the college applications that had recently arrived, she thought about her past,the home she had recently left. Then she spoke. She told me about her love -- and Isaw a dependent relationship with a dominating man. She told me about the drugs --and I saw that they were her escape. She told me about her goals -- and I sawunrealistic material dreams. She told me she needed a friend -- and I saw hope, because at leastI could give her that. We had met in the second grade. She was missing a tooth, I wasmissing my friends. I had just moved across the continent to find cold metal swings andcold smirking faces outside the foreboding doors of P.S. 174, my new school. I askedher if I could see her Archie comic book, even though I didn't really like comics; she saidyes, even though she didn't really like to share. Maybe we were both looking for asmile. And we found it. We found someone to giggle with late at night, someone to slurp hotchocolate with on the cold winter days when school was canceled and we would sit togetherby the bay window, watching the snow endlessly falling. In the summer, at the pool, I got stung by a bee. She held my handand told me that she was there and that it was okay to cry -- so I did. In the fall, weraked the leaves into piles and took turns jumping, never afraid because we knew that themulticolored bed would break our fall. Only now, she had fallen and there was no one to catch her. Wehadn't spoken in months, we hadn't seen each other in years. I had moved toCalifornia, she had moved out of the house. Our experiences were miles apart, making ourhearts much father away from each other than the continent she had just traversed. Throughher words I was alienated, but through her eyes I felt her yearning. She neededsupport in her search for strength and a new start. She needed my friendship now more thanever. So I took her hand and told her that I was there and that it was okay to cry -- soshe did. By Daphna Renan------------------------------------------------------------------------Avoid the lines and visit avis.com for quick and easy online reservations. Enjoy a compact car nationwide for only $29 a day! Click here for more details.1/3011/3/_/817445/_/956020445/------------------------------------------------------------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Being Sick Members Lounge.....* FREE counselling via email* Daily Horoscopes* FREE psychic/tarot readings via email* Daily cartoons* Members Profiles, locations and birthdays* DAILY LIVE CHAT!!* Medical Resources, and more.... http://www.elderwyn.com/members ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"There will always be people who are better off and worse off then you. This makes no difference to how you are feeling. You are the only one who feels as you do, and you have every right to be negative or upset when you are ill, injured, disabled, or caring for someone who is. Being sick sucks. No one deserves being sick. It is not fair." - Aisha.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Your subscription details: /mygroups

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Crying

"when I was just diagnosed with diabetes, I tried to cry when I was alone but no tear came out (snip) my mum was with me, and I was trying very hard to fight back my tears, as I really do not want to upset my mum. I felt even more terrible when the doc asked me in a very concerned voice," Are you ok?" I tried so hard not to just burst out and cry but force a faint smile"Hi Ling,Why didnt you cry? Have you cried since? Does anyone else have a problem not being able to cry??

I don't know... probably too shocked and scared to cry.I remember, maybe I did manage to cry when I was alone in the bathroom. I just kept telling myself," I am only 21... with that years to come, it will only be a matter of time I have kidney problems." Also, I really do not wish to cry in front of my mum, it will only make her feel bad, thinking that I had inherited it from her, hope you get what I mean?

Its not a weakness its a strength.

Thanks, that really helped.

Ling

• 8 months later...
Guest guest

((((((((((( Gentle Hugs ))))))))))

Helen

In a message dated 3/18/2001 10:58:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, just4today@... writes:

I'm hurting emotionally...its a real long story but basically, my best friend is a guy, and I believed we had the startings of a relationship. He informed me he's seeing someone else, who happens to be a friend, too. and it hurts a lot...but it will get better.

My head hurts a lot tonight. Think I'm gonna try to go to bed.

Denisa

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

. Suicide is NOT the answer ever hon, it only leaves behind people who love you and is not fair to them. When I lived in England, a suicide was labeled by the coroner as 'suicide whille the balance of the mind is disturbed' this is true, if we feel we are going to take our life we are not thinking straight, that is the time to get a cold drink, call a friend and talk, or talk to the 'crisis helpline', take a walk and the feeling will subside, nature is a great healer and you can work through this rough time I am sure, and Lee is right, keep hammering at your doctor for anti-depressant that work for you.One time I thought my problems were insurmountable, I took a plethora of drugs, woke up in the hospital having my stomach pumped, very weak and dazed , I thanked those who would not let me die, I really did not want to kill myself I guess, it was just a desperate move and I would have missed a lot of life, a lot of sunrises, blue skies, flowers, grandchildren and the like, now I am depressed once more over family trials, but suicide will never rear its ugly head again and I will work through this

We all love you , do not give up EVER! And you know what, no kid ever is completely satisfied with his-her parents! You do your best and you know it and so will they one day when sense sets in their brains! Anne

Guest guest

I went to the funeral for a 17 year old boy who hung himself today. I realized that it did not take courage for him to kill himself. It was his fear. His fear of telling people how much pain he felt. His fear of rejection and of being able to find help. His fear of continuing to live in that deep pain.

You said, "i hate life RIGHT NOW". That "RIGHT NOW" part is what you need to remember. Life has ups and downs. It's okay to feel down. Life will come back up again, it always does. Just as sure as the sun rises and sets, life comes back up.

Lee

sresley1980@... wrote:

rightt now I cant help but cry. everyone hatess me. and withh thiss problem camme back all the terrible feelingss of the lasst few yearss of suicidee. pluss to makee thingss worsee, something I donnt talkk aboutt the whole reasons this all started was becausee someone threatened suicidee, and i lostt my fiancee to suicide 3 monnths ago so I freaked. i hate life rightht nowwsandra

Guest guest

I agree with Lee. I lost my Grandfather to suicide when I was 8, my brother

was 1. My brother will never realize how great of a man his grandfather

was, to him, he was a coward. My Grandpa got himself in too deep, and was

found to be embezzling at his job. Depression runs very deeply in my

family, and I have attempted suicide when I was younger. I don't now,

because no matter how bad my depression hits, it will subside. I will not

hurt my family the way my grandfather hurt us, I just can't do that to them.

You cannot say that everyone hates you, you know that isn't true! I don't

know what exactly happened with someone else on this list, that kind of

shocked me really. I've always known this list to be different, but that

just proves that we're all human. If you need help, don't leave the list

because of one person. I certainly wouldn't leave my family because my

cousin calls me a name (which she does all the time!) I try to realize that

everyone has their problems, and sometimes we say things that we don't mean.

When I've talked to you in the chatroom, you always seem very willing to

talk openly about how you feel, and that is good. If you are really feeling

that life is just not worth living, first let me tell you that my world

would be empty without every single one of my friends, and every single one

of you on this list. Second, you should see a doctor (I hear you all moan)

to find some help. If anti-depressants don't help, keep going through them,

you'll find one that works for you. Hang in there, it is always darkest

before the dawn.

We love you

Hugs,

crying

rightt now I cant help but cry. everyone hatess me. and withh thiss problem

camme back all the terrible feelingss of the lasst few yearss of suicidee.

pluss to makee thingss worsee, something I donnt talkk aboutt the whole

reasons this all started was becausee someone threatened suicidee, and i

lostt my fiancee to suicide 3 monnths ago so I freaked. i hate life rightht

noww

sandra

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

The Being Sick Community

Visual problems with colors?

Click the link below and select the modify link to your right. Then select

the **Send Plain Text Email** option. This will stop you receiving emails

with colored or enlarged fonts.

/join

Members Lounge:-

Photo Album, memorial page, members profiles, birthdays, locations, medical

resources, counselling via email and a whole bunch of free things.

http://www.elderwyn.com/members

Message Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-

/messages

Chat:-

Scheduled Daily Chats at # on IRC DALnet.

/files/chat.htm

Bookmarks:-

Add a website URL you have found useful.

/links

Personal Complaints or problems:-

Please contact a moderator either via email

<-owner >

Subscription Details:-

1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.

2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to

browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.

3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into eGroups at your

convenience and receive no email.

To modify your subscription settings please visit:-

/join

To subscribe or unsubscribe please email:-

-subscribe

-unsubscribe

“Hold on to what is good, even if it's a handful of earth. Hold on to what

you believe, even if it's a tree that stands by itself. Hold on to what you

must do even, if it's a long way from here. Hold on to your life, even if

it's easier to let go. " - Pueblo Prayer

Guest guest

HI

Just wanted to give you a huge big hug!!!! I am so sorry to hear about your fiancée hon that must be very painful. It is ok to cry hon, just wish I could give you that hug in person.

Hang in there and know that we are here for you.

Take care and know I am thinking of you

Lots of love

Nerys

• 3 years later...

Hi ,

I have not been on lex as long as you. only for 4 or 5 months..but yes it

happens to me. I am not even taking it for depression. it is for

anxiety..but I have noticed I cry more since Ive started on it . alison

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 00:12:05 -0500 " linda dickson "

<golddreams@...> writes:

>

> hey everyone, i have been on lexapro for almost two years now and it

> is working great for me. i was justing wondering if anyone ever has

> really bad days still? for the past two days i have been crying

> non-stop....it's because of that poor pregnant lady in texas and her

> son that died. it has upset me so bad that i can't seem to get a

> grip. anyone else have a day or so like this.

>

>

>

• 3 years later...

This was what I was afraid of... in the last days and throws of their campaign. P & G SAYS they exceded their goal. Prayers for the 45 million plus recipients of these deadly neonatal tetanus vaccines. May the gods save us from P & G, Unicef, and all the other vaccinati demons. No further need to sign the petition. Results will go out to the targets, none the less. This is not a Glad Day, but a dark one. ~ Karla in IL http://www.pampers.com/en_US/unicef_homepage.do