RemedySpot.com

RE: Bible quotes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Did you get these yet? I can dig them out if you didn't.

Kel

jsuenick@... wrote:

>

> Hi List,

> If any one has a list of bible quotes that can be used for religious

> exemptions, would you mind forwarding it to me ASAP?

> Thank you!

>

• 8 years later...

I don't want to get into a religious debate, but I am going to disagree with you very strongly on your claim that the men who wrote the Bible had political aspirations. Most of the men who wrote the Bible were social and political outcasts who were martyred or shunned from Society. Most of the prophets of the old testament spoke out against the political establishment just as we are doing now, and very few of the books had any real 'political' impact until someone took them and used them to fit their own agenda hundreds of years later. Even the Jewish political leaders in the NT had to write their own laws to supersede God's truth so they could control the people. If you have doubts about the authenticity of the Bible I would encourage you to study it a bit more. It's quite amazing once you learn how to read it as history, poetry, parable in it's proper context. It even offers quite a few scientific insights that were millennium before their time.

As for how people dress, that's your choice. I personally try to be respectful in the way I dress, and appreciate it when others do the same, but I also understand taking into consideration one's health as well. I've found this whole topic pretty amusing. I am too young to have lived through the bra burning time, but It's interesting to hear about it from those who were. =)

Again, please, be respectful to each other. To us the Gospel means 'Good news,' as it truly is good news. But it's been abused by so many people who have sought power, that no one realizes that quite often that the true Good news isn't a source of political power but of suffering and anguish because our allegiance isn't to them so that we do to their bidding, but to each other and to God. And that makes us too uncontrollable and happy when we truly understand it. I don't agree with it being used as a tool to make myself look better than someone else, we ALL have fallen short of the Glory of God... What you choose to do about it is between you and Him. You can agree or disagree with that, but that doesn't make it more or less true.

As I said before, I really want to keep the religious discussion to a personal off forum conversation. If you want to discuss any of this, I'd love to. My

resources are vast and we could talk about it for months even years. =)

But let's control the acidity that I'm getting from both sides. It makes me sad. =( *sniff* Love and Truth,~MattOn Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Ingrid Blank <enb1@...> wrote:

Joyce, while we most certainly endorse freedom of speech, it is nevertheless insensitive to impose your beliefs on those of different faith and cultures, who have justified doubts about the authenticity of the Bible, which after all was written by men pursuing their own agenda and political aspirations at that time. You are free to live by the Holy Scripture and to believe that the dress code laid down by in the year 85 AD still applies in the 21st century.

However, I would appreciate it if you would curb your urges to " quote it whenver and however I deem appropriate " . This forum is no place to preach the gospel.

Thank you.

Ingrid Blank

I agree that this subject has gotten out of hand and at the end of the day we will all go away with what we brought to the table. I doubt that anyone changed anyone's mind about anything; but for your information, I live by the Holy Scriptures and I will quote it whenever and however I deem appropriate. If that offends you then I'll pray for you. Joyce

Good Grief Girls!!!!>> Little did I know that by responding as I did..it would bring on the> bra burning feminists women attack on my comment..>> When I said that society isnt ready to have women not wear bras...I> wasn't validating society's regulation of bra wearing.. I was simply> saying that..as previously stated by another..that this is the same> society that refuses to see any harm in vaccines or refuses to see> any link of these toxins to Autism...errrr toxic damage is going to> accept that women won't wear bras in public..>> The push for bras may be a profit thing..but I still dont see that> wearing a bra is the single most cause for breast cancer..>> It is the consumption of toxins into the body that causes any> cancer.. If toxins buildup in the body and it is unable to be> released...it elevates into full cancer...Yes the lymphatic system> plays a HUGE role in the detoxification of the body...but.. I don't> see how wearing a bra would cause so much toxins to create breast> cancer.. I just don't believe in that concept... I believe that it> is much more than that..>> Besides.. If bras were the main cause of breast cancer, then ALL> women would have breast cancer..>> If wearing underwear causes disease, then Everyone would have cancer..>> Does every man have prostate cancer just because they wear boxers or> briefs or whatnot..???>> R>>>>

------------------------------------

I don't want to get into a religious debate, but I am going to disagree with you very strongly on your claim that the men who wrote the Bible had political aspirations. Most of the men who wrote the Bible were social and political outcasts who were martyred or shunned from Society. Most of the prophets of the old testament spoke out against the political establishment just as we are doing now, and very few of the books had any real 'political' impact until someone took them and used them to fit their own agenda hundreds of years later. Even the Jewish political leaders in the NT had to write their own laws to supersede God's truth so they could control the people. If you have doubts about the authenticity of the Bible I would encourage you to study it a bit more. It's quite amazing once you learn how to read it as history, poetry, parable in it's proper context. It even offers quite a few scientific insights that were millennium before their time.

As for how people dress, that's your choice. I personally try to be respectful in the way I dress, and appreciate it when others do the same, but I also understand taking into consideration one's health as well. I've found this whole topic pretty amusing. I am too young to have lived through the bra burning time, but It's interesting to hear about it from those who were. =)

Again, please, be respectful to each other. To us the Gospel means 'Good news,' as it truly is good news. But it's been abused by so many people who have sought power, that no one realizes that quite often that the true Good news isn't a source of political power but of suffering and anguish because our allegiance isn't to them so that we do to their bidding, but to each other and to God. And that makes us too uncontrollable and happy when we truly understand it. I don't agree with it being used as a tool to make myself look better than someone else, we ALL have fallen short of the Glory of God... What you choose to do about it is between you and Him. You can agree or disagree with that, but that doesn't make it more or less true.

As I said before, I really want to keep the religious discussion to a personal off forum conversation. If you want to discuss any of this, I'd love to. My

resources are vast and we could talk about it for months even years. =)

But let's control the acidity that I'm getting from both sides. It makes me sad. =( *sniff* Love and Truth,~MattOn Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Ingrid Blank <enb1@...> wrote:

Joyce, while we most certainly endorse freedom of speech, it is nevertheless insensitive to impose your beliefs on those of different faith and cultures, who have justified doubts about the authenticity of the Bible, which after all was written by men pursuing their own agenda and political aspirations at that time. You are free to live by the Holy Scripture and to believe that the dress code laid down by in the year 85 AD still applies in the 21st century.

However, I would appreciate it if you would curb your urges to " quote it whenver and however I deem appropriate " . This forum is no place to preach the gospel.

Thank you.

Ingrid Blank

I agree that this subject has gotten out of hand and at the end of the day we will all go away with what we brought to the table. I doubt that anyone changed anyone's mind about anything; but for your information, I live by the Holy Scriptures and I will quote it whenever and however I deem appropriate. If that offends you then I'll pray for you. Joyce

Good Grief Girls!!!!>> Little did I know that by responding as I did..it would bring on the> bra burning feminists women attack on my comment..>> When I said that society isnt ready to have women not wear bras...I> wasn't validating society's regulation of bra wearing.. I was simply> saying that..as previously stated by another..that this is the same> society that refuses to see any harm in vaccines or refuses to see> any link of these toxins to Autism...errrr toxic damage is going to> accept that women won't wear bras in public..>> The push for bras may be a profit thing..but I still dont see that> wearing a bra is the single most cause for breast cancer..>> It is the consumption of toxins into the body that causes any> cancer.. If toxins buildup in the body and it is unable to be> released...it elevates into full cancer...Yes the lymphatic system> plays a HUGE role in the detoxification of the body...but.. I don't> see how wearing a bra would cause so much toxins to create breast> cancer.. I just don't believe in that concept... I believe that it> is much more than that..>> Besides.. If bras were the main cause of breast cancer, then ALL> women would have breast cancer..>> If wearing underwear causes disease, then Everyone would have cancer..>> Does every man have prostate cancer just because they wear boxers or> briefs or whatnot..???>> R>>>>

Thank you for that. I found the statement to be very derogatory... " I live by the Holy Scriptures and I will quote it whenever and however I deem appropriate. If that offends you then I'll pray for you. "

Belittling, patronizing, and offensive. As if we need some sort of help or " saving " if we don't believe in the same thing... On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Ingrid Blank <enb1@...> wrote:

>> Joyce, while we most certainly endorse freedom of speech, it is nevertheless insensitive to impose your beliefs on those of different faith and cultures, who have justified doubts about the authenticity of the Bible, which after all was written by men pursuing their own agenda and political aspirations at that time. You are free to live by the Holy Scripture and to believe that the dress code laid down by in the year 85 AD still applies in the 21st century.

> However, I would appreciate it if you would curb your urges to " quote it whenver and however I deem appropriate " . This forum is no place to preach the gospel.> > Thank you.> Ingrid Blank

> Moderator >> > I agree that this subject has gotten out of hand and at the end of the day we will all go away with what we brought to the table. I doubt that anyone changed anyone's mind about anything; but for your information, I live by the Holy Scriptures and I will quote it whenever and however I deem appropriate. If that offends you then I'll pray for you. Joyce

>> Good Grief Girls!!!!>> >>> > Little did I know that by responding as I did..it would bring on the

>> > bra burning feminists women attack on my comment..>> >>> > When I said that society isnt ready to have women not wear bras...I>> > wasn't validating society's regulation of bra wearing.. I was simply

>> > saying that..as previously stated by another..that this is the same>> > society that refuses to see any harm in vaccines or refuses to see>> > any link of these toxins to Autism...errrr toxic damage is going to

>> > accept that women won't wear bras in public..>> >>> > The push for bras may be a profit thing..but I still dont see that>> > wearing a bra is the single most cause for breast cancer..

>> >>> > It is the consumption of toxins into the body that causes any>> > cancer.. If toxins buildup in the body and it is unable to be>> > released...it elevates into full cancer...Yes the lymphatic system

>> > plays a HUGE role in the detoxification of the body...but.. I don't>> > see how wearing a bra would cause so much toxins to create breast>> > cancer.. I just don't believe in that concept... I believe that it

>> > is much more than that..>> >>> > Besides.. If bras were the main cause of breast cancer, then ALL>> > women would have breast cancer..>> >>> > If wearing underwear causes disease, then Everyone would have cancer..

>> >>> > Does every man have prostate cancer just because they wear boxers or>> > briefs or whatnot..???>> >>> > R>> >>> >>> >

>> >>>>>>> ------------------------------------>>>>

Thank you for that. I found the statement to be very derogatory... " I live by the Holy Scriptures and I will quote it whenever and however I deem appropriate. If that offends you then I'll pray for you. "

Belittling, patronizing, and offensive. As if we need some sort of help or " saving " if we don't believe in the same thing... On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Ingrid Blank <enb1@...> wrote:

>> Joyce, while we most certainly endorse freedom of speech, it is nevertheless insensitive to impose your beliefs on those of different faith and cultures, who have justified doubts about the authenticity of the Bible, which after all was written by men pursuing their own agenda and political aspirations at that time. You are free to live by the Holy Scripture and to believe that the dress code laid down by in the year 85 AD still applies in the 21st century.

> However, I would appreciate it if you would curb your urges to " quote it whenver and however I deem appropriate " . This forum is no place to preach the gospel.> > Thank you.> Ingrid Blank

> Moderator >> > I agree that this subject has gotten out of hand and at the end of the day we will all go away with what we brought to the table. I doubt that anyone changed anyone's mind about anything; but for your information, I live by the Holy Scriptures and I will quote it whenever and however I deem appropriate. If that offends you then I'll pray for you. Joyce

>> Good Grief Girls!!!!>> >>> > Little did I know that by responding as I did..it would bring on the

>> > bra burning feminists women attack on my comment..>> >>> > When I said that society isnt ready to have women not wear bras...I>> > wasn't validating society's regulation of bra wearing.. I was simply

>> > saying that..as previously stated by another..that this is the same>> > society that refuses to see any harm in vaccines or refuses to see>> > any link of these toxins to Autism...errrr toxic damage is going to

>> > accept that women won't wear bras in public..>> >>> > The push for bras may be a profit thing..but I still dont see that>> > wearing a bra is the single most cause for breast cancer..

>> >>> > It is the consumption of toxins into the body that causes any>> > cancer.. If toxins buildup in the body and it is unable to be>> > released...it elevates into full cancer...Yes the lymphatic system

>> > plays a HUGE role in the detoxification of the body...but.. I don't>> > see how wearing a bra would cause so much toxins to create breast>> > cancer.. I just don't believe in that concept... I believe that it

>> > is much more than that..>> >>> > Besides.. If bras were the main cause of breast cancer, then ALL>> > women would have breast cancer..>> >>> > If wearing underwear causes disease, then Everyone would have cancer..

>> >>> > Does every man have prostate cancer just because they wear boxers or>> > briefs or whatnot..???>> >>> > R>> >>> >>> >

i didn't find any preaching in the post. why not use the bible in the context it was put--to show how an ancient poeple lived. if this group is so anti-bible that it can't even be used as a piece of history, then I am OUT OF THIS GROUP! that statement that offended nature.mum I cannot see as being offensive at all. it was a request to let her have her beliefs! think about it this way--don't you pray, wish well, ect. those who believe the hype about vaccienes?

Thank you for that. I found the statement to be very derogatory... "I live by the Holy Scriptures and I will quote it whenever and however I deem appropriate. If that offends you then I'll pray for you."Belittling, patronizing, and offensive. As if we need some sort of help or "saving" if we don't believe in the same thing... On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Ingrid Blank <enb1telkomsa (DOT) net> wrote:>> Joyce, while we most certainly endorse freedom of speech, it is nevertheless insensitive to impose your beliefs on those of different faith and cultures, who have justified doubts about the authenticity of the Bible, which after all was written by men pursuing their own agenda and political aspirations at that time. You are free to live by the Holy Scripture and to believe that the dress code laid down by in the year 85 AD still applies in the 21st century.> However, I would appreciate it if you would curb your urges to "quote it whenver and however I deem appropriate". This forum is no place to preach the gospel.> > Thank you.> Ingrid Blank> Moderator >> > I agree that this subject has gotten out of hand and at the end of the day we will all go away with what we brought to the table. I doubt that anyone changed anyone's mind about anything; but for your information, I live by the Holy Scriptures and I will quote it whenever and however I deem appropriate. If that offends you then I'll pray for you. Joyce>> Good Grief Girls!!!!>> >>> > Little did I know that by responding as I did..it would bring on the>> > bra burning feminists women attack on my comment..>> >>> > When I said that society isnt ready to have women not wear bras...I>> > wasn't validating society's regulation of bra wearing.. I was simply>> > saying that..as previously stated by another..that this is the same>> > society that refuses to see any harm in vaccines or refuses to see>> > any link of these toxins to Autism...errrr toxic damage is going to>> > accept that women won't wear bras in public..>> >>> > The push for bras may be a profit thing..but I still dont see that>> > wearing a bra is the single most cause for breast cancer..>> >>> > It is the consumption of toxins into the body that causes any>> > cancer.. If toxins buildup in the body and it is unable to be>> > released...it elevates into full cancer...Yes the lymphatic system>> > plays a HUGE role in the detoxification of the body...but.. I don't>> > see how wearing a bra would cause so much toxins to create breast>> > cancer.. I just don't believe in that concept... I believe that it>> > is much more than that..>> >>> > Besides.. If bras were the main cause of breast cancer, then ALL>> > women would have breast cancer..>> >>> > If wearing underwear causes disease, then Everyone would have cancer..>> >>> > Does every man have prostate cancer just because they wear boxers or>> > briefs or whatnot..???>> >>> > R>> >>> >>> >>> >>>>>>> ------------------------------------>>>>

How can it be a piece of history if it has been re-written so many times by people who had a political agenda. That compromises its credibility and it can no longer be an accurate historical piece of evidence.Why did it offend me? Because she's suggesting that I need some sort of help if I don't believe in the same thing she does... I thought it was pretty clear in my post.

And no I don't pray for those who believe the hype about vaccines. I cry for their children.On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Karin Tompkins <karintompkins@...> wrote:

i didn't find any preaching in the post. why not use the bible in the context it was put--to show how an ancient poeple lived. if this group is so anti-bible that it can't even be used as a piece of history, then I am OUT OF THIS GROUP! that statement that offended nature.mum I cannot see as being offensive at all. it was a request to let her have her beliefs! think about it this way--don't you pray, wish well, ect. those who believe the hype about vaccienes?

I understood this topic to be locked. If you want to discuss it we can discuss it off the forums. But there are ways of evaluating it's credibility. It's quite amazing how little it's changed throughout time. I'd love to discuss it with you, but not here.

~Matt.On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 3:45 AM, Monika Reign B. <nature.mum@...> wrote:

How can it be a piece of history if it has been re-written so many times by people who had a political agenda. That compromises its credibility and it can no longer be an accurate historical piece of evidence.

Why did it offend me? Because she's suggesting that I need some sort of help if I don't believe in the same thing she does... I thought it was pretty clear in my post.

And no I don't pray for those who believe the hype about vaccines. I cry for their children.On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Karin Tompkins <karintompkins@...> wrote:

I understood this topic to be locked. If you want to discuss it we can discuss it off the forums. But there are ways of evaluating it's credibility. It's quite amazing how little it's changed throughout time. I'd love to discuss it with you, but not here.

How can it be a piece of history if it has been re-written so many times by people who had a political agenda. That compromises its credibility and it can no longer be an accurate historical piece of evidence.

Why did it offend me? Because she's suggesting that I need some sort of help if I don't believe in the same thing she does... I thought it was pretty clear in my post.

Good grief! We've been through this several times already. I thought we had moved beyond this!! Can we please get back to the subject of no forced vaccination and skip any of the proselytizing religiosity, no matter what the source may be? No one is "better" than another because of their beliefs. Thank you very much. ~~Ruth

Bible quotes

However, I would appreciate it if you would curb your urges to "quote it whenver and however I deem appropriate". This forum is no place to preach the gospel.

Thank you.

Ingrid Blank

Good grief! We've been through this several times already. I thought we had moved beyond this!! Can we please get back to the subject of no forced vaccination and skip any of the proselytizing religiosity, no matter what the source may be? No one is "better" than another because of their beliefs. Thank you very much. ~~Ruth

Bible quotes

However, I would appreciate it if you would curb your urges to "quote it whenver and however I deem appropriate". This forum is no place to preach the gospel.

Thank you.

Ingrid Blank

Bible quotes

Thank you.

Ingrid Blank

Bible quotes

Thank you.

Ingrid Blank

Agreed. =)On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 9:54 AM, <putney1963@...> wrote:

Good grief! We've been through this several times already. I thought we had moved beyond this!! Can we please get back to the subject of no forced vaccination and skip any of the proselytizing religiosity, no matter what the source may be? No one is " better " than another because of their beliefs. Thank you very much. ~~Ruth

Bible quotes

Thank you.

Ingrid Blank

Good Grief Girls!!!!

>> Little did I know that by responding as I did..it would bring on the> bra burning feminists women attack on my comment..>> When I said that society isnt ready to have women not wear bras...I

> wasn't validating society's regulation of bra wearing.. I was simply> saying that..as previously stated by another..that this is the same> society that refuses to see any harm in vaccines or refuses to see

> any link of these toxins to Autism...errrr toxic damage is going to> accept that women won't wear bras in public..>> The push for bras may be a profit thing..but I still dont see that> wearing a bra is the single most cause for breast cancer..

>> It is the consumption of toxins into the body that causes any> cancer.. If toxins buildup in the body and it is unable to be> released...it elevates into full cancer...Yes the lymphatic system

> plays a HUGE role in the detoxification of the body...but.. I don't> see how wearing a bra would cause so much toxins to create breast> cancer.. I just don't believe in that concept... I believe that it

> is much more than that..>> Besides.. If bras were the main cause of breast cancer, then ALL> women would have breast cancer..>> If wearing underwear causes disease, then Everyone would have cancer..

>> Does every man have prostate cancer just because they wear boxers or> briefs or whatnot..???>> R>>>>

Good grief! We've been through this several times already. I thought we had moved beyond this!! Can we please get back to the subject of no forced vaccination and skip any of the proselytizing religiosity, no matter what the source may be? No one is " better " than another because of their beliefs. Thank you very much. ~~Ruth

Bible quotes

Thank you.

Ingrid Blank

Good Grief Girls!!!!

>> Little did I know that by responding as I did..it would bring on the> bra burning feminists women attack on my comment..>> When I said that society isnt ready to have women not wear bras...I

> wasn't validating society's regulation of bra wearing.. I was simply> saying that..as previously stated by another..that this is the same> society that refuses to see any harm in vaccines or refuses to see

> any link of these toxins to Autism...errrr toxic damage is going to> accept that women won't wear bras in public..>> The push for bras may be a profit thing..but I still dont see that> wearing a bra is the single most cause for breast cancer..

>> It is the consumption of toxins into the body that causes any> cancer.. If toxins buildup in the body and it is unable to be> released...it elevates into full cancer...Yes the lymphatic system

> plays a HUGE role in the detoxification of the body...but.. I don't> see how wearing a bra would cause so much toxins to create breast> cancer.. I just don't believe in that concept... I believe that it

> is much more than that..>> Besides.. If bras were the main cause of breast cancer, then ALL> women would have breast cancer..>> If wearing underwear causes disease, then Everyone would have cancer..

>> Does every man have prostate cancer just because they wear boxers or> briefs or whatnot..???>> R>>>>

Bible quotes

Thank you.

Ingrid Blank

Good Grief Girls!!!!

Bible quotes

Thank you.

Ingrid Blank

Good Grief Girls!!!!