RemedySpot.com

Fw: Two letters on mercury in vaccines in Pioneer Press!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This came in today's e-mails and I thought it might be of interest to those in our group. ~~Ruth======================================

Subject: Two letters on mercury in vaccines in the St. Pioneer Press! (St. , MN)

==================================

The Pioneer Press printed 2 letters in their Thanksgiving Paper (11/27) about mercury-free vaccines! (see below)Kudos to the Pioneer Press for keeping the discussion going. Thanks to all of you who wrote in - they said they got lots of letters on this!

Switch to mercury-free vaccines

I am amazed at the inaccuracies in the Pioneer Press article on the flu vaccine ("Fighting flu," Nov. 22).

Pregnant women are being encouraged to receive the flu shot but not being told it contains mercury, even though the Environmental Protection Agency has already stated that one out of eight U.S. women have enough mercury in their bodies to risk developmental brain damage in their children.

The Minnesota Natural Health Coalition calls on our health care system to make the switch to mercury-free flu vaccines, which are readily available for order from vaccine manufacturers. We only need to use the vaccines packaged in single-dose containers to avoid the need for a dangerous preservative.

Jerri , Eagan

The writer is president of the Minnesota Natural Health Coalition.

Claim about vaccine preservative disputed

I'm encouraged that "Fighting flu" (Nov. 22) covers practical flu-avoiding tips, but I'm distressed with information disseminated to readers by nurse practitioner Patsy Stinchfield. She claims parents shouldn't be concerned with thimerosal, the ethylmercury vaccine preservative.

More than 90 percent of this season's flu vaccine supply contains preservative-level mercury at 50,000 parts per billion. A liquid becomes a hazardous waste when it contains 200 parts per billion of mercury. Some states have passed laws to protect infants, children and pregnant women from vaccines containing mercury. There is no such Minnesota or federal law to assure that individuals in these three categories receive thimerosal-free vaccines. Many studies link thimerosal to neurological damage, including a National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences study that concluded that injected ethylmercury, via thimerosal, binds to brain tissue two to four times more readily than ingested methlymercury.

Nothing's more important than factual information when making medical decisions, particularly if contemplating "fighting flu" with vaccines containing 250 times more mercury than hazardous waste.

O'Brien, White Bear Lake

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

This came in today's e-mails and I thought it might be of interest to those in our group. ~~Ruth======================================

Subject: Two letters on mercury in vaccines in the St. Pioneer Press! (St. , MN)

The Pioneer Press printed 2 letters in their Thanksgiving Paper (11/27) about mercury-free vaccines! (see below)Kudos to the Pioneer Press for keeping the discussion going. Thanks to all of you who wrote in - they said they got lots of letters on this!

I am amazed at the inaccuracies in the Pioneer Press article on the flu vaccine ("Fighting flu," Nov. 22).

Pregnant women are being encouraged to receive the flu shot but not being told it contains mercury, even though the Environmental Protection Agency has already stated that one out of eight U.S. women have enough mercury in their bodies to risk developmental brain damage in their children.

The Minnesota Natural Health Coalition calls on our health care system to make the switch to mercury-free flu vaccines, which are readily available for order from vaccine manufacturers. We only need to use the vaccines packaged in single-dose containers to avoid the need for a dangerous preservative.

Jerri , Eagan

I'm encouraged that "Fighting flu" (Nov. 22) covers practical flu-avoiding tips, but I'm distressed with information disseminated to readers by nurse practitioner Patsy Stinchfield. She claims parents shouldn't be concerned with thimerosal, the ethylmercury vaccine preservative.

More than 90 percent of this season's flu vaccine supply contains preservative-level mercury at 50,000 parts per billion. A liquid becomes a hazardous waste when it contains 200 parts per billion of mercury. Some states have passed laws to protect infants, children and pregnant women from vaccines containing mercury. There is no such Minnesota or federal law to assure that individuals in these three categories receive thimerosal-free vaccines. Many studies link thimerosal to neurological damage, including a National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences study that concluded that injected ethylmercury, via thimerosal, binds to brain tissue two to four times more readily than ingested methlymercury.

Nothing's more important than factual information when making medical decisions, particularly if contemplating "fighting flu" with vaccines containing 250 times more mercury than hazardous waste.

O'Brien, White Bear Lake

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

Jerri , Eagan

O'Brien, White Bear Lake

Jerri , Eagan

O'Brien, White Bear Lake