RemedySpot.com

Re: HELLO! Introduction...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have an idea:

U could try phoning some naturalpaths in your area, explain your delema and you might find a few who work w/ a conventional MD who can handle the exam situation and paperwork. I know in some states this is done.

HELLO! Introduction...

Hello Everyone!

I just joined your group...and have been reading your posts for the past week. Let me simply say...AWESOME! ;)

FYI: I was very blessed to have amazing pioneers for parents! When my mother was in her early 20s (circa 1944), she became a whole natural foods mostly vegetarian (she ate some dairy and eggs and also salmon and halibut occasionally...about once every three months). She later met my dad while working in a Salt Lake City (Utah) health food store (he was a distributor of health products). They moved to Southern California and purchased several health food stores. A decade later, the stores were sold and once again, my dad became a distributor of juice machines, health foods and vitamins. My mother demonstrated the very first green food product " DeSousa's Healthians Alfalfa Chlorophyll."

My parents were very active in the "fight" to get raw milk legalized in the 1960s. They also rallied for many other natural and/or alternative freedoms. Since my mother was still studying and learning about the harmful effects of drugs, surgery and other man-made "health" proceedures...my older sister did receive a few vaccines when she was a child (in the late '40s). But, my younger sisters and I have never had any "shots." I can remember how my mom would sign the papers and I would be singled out from the rest of the "sheep" at school as they would line up to get their shots. I now know that my older sister is suffering from many health problems partially because of the shots and also several silver fillings that she received as a child.

During my teens and young adult years, I began to search out and learn more "new" information about natural health...and the quest for more knowledge continues into my 50s! My career as a radio dj/announcer (which began in the late '70s) allowed me the opportunity to interview many experts about a variety of subjects. It was during a particular year between '94 and '95) that I had several guests on my show who were very knowledgeable about the vegan diet. Two such expert vegan guests were authors Dr. Marc Sorenson and Dr. Klaper. They were the most influential in inspiring my husband and I to eliminate the occasional fish, dairy and eggs from our family's diet. Even though we only drank raw hormone-free milk and free-range eggs...the health benefits we received from eliminating them from our lifestyle were very marked! I am eternally grateful to them for sharing their extensive knowledge with me and my radio audience! :)

My husband and I have raised our children as I was raised...and we continue to improve our lifestyle (I don't like the term "diet")...as we discover new info...such as eating mostly living/raw GMO-free organic foods. And we are healthier for it! I am also a vegan whole natural foods chef and health educator for Wild Oats and Whole Foods (plus I teach private in-home classes and at other venues).

The way I see it, the first step is for us to be able to CHOOSE whether or not we want in our bodies...vaccines/shots, drugs, hormones, GMO foods, pesticides/herbicides, flouride etc etc etc! If other people want this toxic stuff in their bodies...they also have that right. Of course, I also feel that it is our obligation as informed citizens to help educate those who are ignorant to the knowledge we are privileged to have! Like I tell our children..."Your grandma (my husband's mother) eats the unhealthy foods and takes the toxic drugs because that is what she knows to be the right/correct way to live! This is what she believes...and just as I hope that she will respect our lifestyle...I do the best I can to respect hers." By our living example, she is gradually beginning to see that our lifestyle is truly the healthy way to go! :)

I have one question for the group..."Do any of you know an MD and/or dentist in my area (Portland OR/Southwest WA) who practices the alternative healthy ways?" Our second oldest son is preparing to go on a mission for our Christian Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints...sometimes called LDS or "Mormon"). I would like to take him to a doctor for his required medical and dental exams, without having to continually explain and defend (and even sometimes argue) my beliefs to him/her. The doctors must be regular MDs (no naturopaths or other alternative titles...unless they are an MD PLUS the alternative training).

I look forward to learning from you all...and doing my part for the natural health freedoms that we all should have!

Take Care! Janna

I have an idea:

U could try phoning some naturalpaths in your area, explain your delema and you might find a few who work w/ a conventional MD who can handle the exam situation and paperwork. I know in some states this is done.

HELLO! Introduction...

Hello Everyone!

I just joined your group...and have been reading your posts for the past week. Let me simply say...AWESOME! ;)

FYI: I was very blessed to have amazing pioneers for parents! When my mother was in her early 20s (circa 1944), she became a whole natural foods mostly vegetarian (she ate some dairy and eggs and also salmon and halibut occasionally...about once every three months). She later met my dad while working in a Salt Lake City (Utah) health food store (he was a distributor of health products). They moved to Southern California and purchased several health food stores. A decade later, the stores were sold and once again, my dad became a distributor of juice machines, health foods and vitamins. My mother demonstrated the very first green food product " DeSousa's Healthians Alfalfa Chlorophyll."

My parents were very active in the "fight" to get raw milk legalized in the 1960s. They also rallied for many other natural and/or alternative freedoms. Since my mother was still studying and learning about the harmful effects of drugs, surgery and other man-made "health" proceedures...my older sister did receive a few vaccines when she was a child (in the late '40s). But, my younger sisters and I have never had any "shots." I can remember how my mom would sign the papers and I would be singled out from the rest of the "sheep" at school as they would line up to get their shots. I now know that my older sister is suffering from many health problems partially because of the shots and also several silver fillings that she received as a child.

During my teens and young adult years, I began to search out and learn more "new" information about natural health...and the quest for more knowledge continues into my 50s! My career as a radio dj/announcer (which began in the late '70s) allowed me the opportunity to interview many experts about a variety of subjects. It was during a particular year between '94 and '95) that I had several guests on my show who were very knowledgeable about the vegan diet. Two such expert vegan guests were authors Dr. Marc Sorenson and Dr. Klaper. They were the most influential in inspiring my husband and I to eliminate the occasional fish, dairy and eggs from our family's diet. Even though we only drank raw hormone-free milk and free-range eggs...the health benefits we received from eliminating them from our lifestyle were very marked! I am eternally grateful to them for sharing their extensive knowledge with me and my radio audience! :)

My husband and I have raised our children as I was raised...and we continue to improve our lifestyle (I don't like the term "diet")...as we discover new info...such as eating mostly living/raw GMO-free organic foods. And we are healthier for it! I am also a vegan whole natural foods chef and health educator for Wild Oats and Whole Foods (plus I teach private in-home classes and at other venues).

The way I see it, the first step is for us to be able to CHOOSE whether or not we want in our bodies...vaccines/shots, drugs, hormones, GMO foods, pesticides/herbicides, flouride etc etc etc! If other people want this toxic stuff in their bodies...they also have that right. Of course, I also feel that it is our obligation as informed citizens to help educate those who are ignorant to the knowledge we are privileged to have! Like I tell our children..."Your grandma (my husband's mother) eats the unhealthy foods and takes the toxic drugs because that is what she knows to be the right/correct way to live! This is what she believes...and just as I hope that she will respect our lifestyle...I do the best I can to respect hers." By our living example, she is gradually beginning to see that our lifestyle is truly the healthy way to go! :)

I have one question for the group..."Do any of you know an MD and/or dentist in my area (Portland OR/Southwest WA) who practices the alternative healthy ways?" Our second oldest son is preparing to go on a mission for our Christian Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints...sometimes called LDS or "Mormon"). I would like to take him to a doctor for his required medical and dental exams, without having to continually explain and defend (and even sometimes argue) my beliefs to him/her. The doctors must be regular MDs (no naturopaths or other alternative titles...unless they are an MD PLUS the alternative training).

I look forward to learning from you all...and doing my part for the natural health freedoms that we all should have!

Take Care! Janna

I have an idea:

HELLO! Introduction...

Hello Everyone!

Take Care! Janna

I have an idea:

HELLO! Introduction...

Hello Everyone!

Take Care! Janna

Great introduction! Check out www.AAEM.com to find a doc and IAOMT for a dentist.Welcome aboard,Dr. RimaOn Jan 13, 2008 9:54 AM, Vegan Chef Janna Bananna <

vegchefjb@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone!

FYI: I was very blessed to have amazing pioneers for parents! When my mother was in her early 20s (circa 1944), she became a whole natural foods mostly vegetarian (she ate some dairy and eggs and also salmon and halibut occasionally...about once every three months). She later met my dad while working in a Salt Lake City (Utah) health food store (he was a distributor of health products). They moved to Southern California and purchased several health food stores. A decade later, the stores were sold and once again, my dad became a distributor of juice machines, health foods and vitamins. My mother demonstrated the very first green food product " DeSousa's Healthians Alfalfa Chlorophyll. "

My parents were very active in the " fight " to get raw milk legalized in the 1960s. They also rallied for many other natural and/or alternative freedoms. Since my mother was still studying and learning about the harmful effects of drugs, surgery and other man-made " health " proceedures...my older sister did receive a few vaccines when she was a child (in the late '40s). But, my younger sisters and I have never had any " shots. " I can remember how my mom would sign the papers and I would be singled out from the rest of the " sheep " at school as they would line up to get their shots. I now know that my older sister is suffering from many health problems partially because of the shots and also several silver fillings that she received as a child.

During my teens and young adult years, I began to search out and learn more " new " information about natural health...and the quest for more knowledge continues into my 50s! My career as a radio dj/announcer (which began in the late '70s) allowed me the opportunity to interview many experts about a variety of subjects. It was during a particular year between '94 and '95) that I had several guests on my show who were very knowledgeable about the vegan diet. Two such expert vegan guests were authors Dr. Marc Sorenson and Dr. Klaper. They were the most influential in inspiring my husband and I to eliminate the occasional fish, dairy and eggs from our family's diet. Even though we only drank raw hormone-free milk and free-range eggs...the health benefits we received from eliminating them from our lifestyle were very marked! I am eternally grateful to them for sharing their extensive knowledge with me and my radio audience! :)

My husband and I have raised our children as I was raised...and we continue to improve our lifestyle (I don't like the term " diet " )...as we discover new info...such as eating mostly living/raw GMO-free organic foods. And we are healthier for it! I am also a vegan whole natural foods chef and health educator for Wild Oats and Whole Foods (plus I teach private in-home classes and at other venues).

The way I see it, the first step is for us to be able to CHOOSE whether or not we want in our bodies...vaccines/shots, drugs, hormones, GMO foods, pesticides/herbicides, flouride etc etc etc! If other people want this toxic stuff in their bodies...they also have that right. Of course, I also feel that it is our obligation as informed citizens to help educate those who are ignorant to the knowledge we are privileged to have! Like I tell our children... " Your grandma (my husband's mother) eats the unhealthy foods and takes the toxic drugs because that is what she knows to be the right/correct way to live! This is what she believes...and just as I hope that she will respect our lifestyle...I do the best I can to respect hers. " By our living example, she is gradually beginning to see that our lifestyle is truly the healthy way to go! :)

I have one question for the group... " Do any of you know an MD and/or dentist in my area (Portland OR/Southwest WA) who practices the alternative healthy ways? " Our second oldest son is preparing to go on a mission for our Christian Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints...sometimes called LDS or " Mormon " ). I would like to take him to a doctor for his required medical and dental exams, without having to continually explain and defend (and even sometimes argue) my beliefs to him/her. The doctors must be regular MDs (no naturopaths or other alternative titles...unless they are an MD PLUS the alternative training).

Take Care! Janna

Great introduction! Check out www.AAEM.com to find a doc and IAOMT for a dentist.Welcome aboard,Dr. RimaOn Jan 13, 2008 9:54 AM, Vegan Chef Janna Bananna <

vegchefjb@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone!

FYI: I was very blessed to have amazing pioneers for parents! When my mother was in her early 20s (circa 1944), she became a whole natural foods mostly vegetarian (she ate some dairy and eggs and also salmon and halibut occasionally...about once every three months). She later met my dad while working in a Salt Lake City (Utah) health food store (he was a distributor of health products). They moved to Southern California and purchased several health food stores. A decade later, the stores were sold and once again, my dad became a distributor of juice machines, health foods and vitamins. My mother demonstrated the very first green food product " DeSousa's Healthians Alfalfa Chlorophyll. "

My parents were very active in the " fight " to get raw milk legalized in the 1960s. They also rallied for many other natural and/or alternative freedoms. Since my mother was still studying and learning about the harmful effects of drugs, surgery and other man-made " health " proceedures...my older sister did receive a few vaccines when she was a child (in the late '40s). But, my younger sisters and I have never had any " shots. " I can remember how my mom would sign the papers and I would be singled out from the rest of the " sheep " at school as they would line up to get their shots. I now know that my older sister is suffering from many health problems partially because of the shots and also several silver fillings that she received as a child.

During my teens and young adult years, I began to search out and learn more " new " information about natural health...and the quest for more knowledge continues into my 50s! My career as a radio dj/announcer (which began in the late '70s) allowed me the opportunity to interview many experts about a variety of subjects. It was during a particular year between '94 and '95) that I had several guests on my show who were very knowledgeable about the vegan diet. Two such expert vegan guests were authors Dr. Marc Sorenson and Dr. Klaper. They were the most influential in inspiring my husband and I to eliminate the occasional fish, dairy and eggs from our family's diet. Even though we only drank raw hormone-free milk and free-range eggs...the health benefits we received from eliminating them from our lifestyle were very marked! I am eternally grateful to them for sharing their extensive knowledge with me and my radio audience! :)

My husband and I have raised our children as I was raised...and we continue to improve our lifestyle (I don't like the term " diet " )...as we discover new info...such as eating mostly living/raw GMO-free organic foods. And we are healthier for it! I am also a vegan whole natural foods chef and health educator for Wild Oats and Whole Foods (plus I teach private in-home classes and at other venues).

The way I see it, the first step is for us to be able to CHOOSE whether or not we want in our bodies...vaccines/shots, drugs, hormones, GMO foods, pesticides/herbicides, flouride etc etc etc! If other people want this toxic stuff in their bodies...they also have that right. Of course, I also feel that it is our obligation as informed citizens to help educate those who are ignorant to the knowledge we are privileged to have! Like I tell our children... " Your grandma (my husband's mother) eats the unhealthy foods and takes the toxic drugs because that is what she knows to be the right/correct way to live! This is what she believes...and just as I hope that she will respect our lifestyle...I do the best I can to respect hers. " By our living example, she is gradually beginning to see that our lifestyle is truly the healthy way to go! :)

I have one question for the group... " Do any of you know an MD and/or dentist in my area (Portland OR/Southwest WA) who practices the alternative healthy ways? " Our second oldest son is preparing to go on a mission for our Christian Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints...sometimes called LDS or " Mormon " ). I would like to take him to a doctor for his required medical and dental exams, without having to continually explain and defend (and even sometimes argue) my beliefs to him/her. The doctors must be regular MDs (no naturopaths or other alternative titles...unless they are an MD PLUS the alternative training).

Take Care! Janna

vegchefjb@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone!

Take Care! Janna

vegchefjb@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone!

Take Care! Janna