RemedySpot.com

Nascent Iodine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

" My reason was that the mild or weak form of iodine, (not nascent)

would not cure severe malaria for my friend in Africa. It was his

greatest problem some 7 years ago. "

I assume you are comparing a mild form of atomic iodine to a stronger

form, called nascent. But has nascent iodine been compared with

lugols, in any studies treating malaria, etc ?

thanks

>

> From: ladybugsandbees ladybugsandbees@...

> Subject: Re: Re: nascent iodine

> iodine

> Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 5:45 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> You are not mistaken Dorothy and that is what troubles me about

nascent. It

> is a traditional usage item and really has not been studied.

Lugol's was a

> formulation created by a Frenchman and has been studied and there

is lots of

> information about it. I stick with Dr. A & amp; Dr B on this one.

>

> Lugol's is a govt regulated substance since you need an rx for

larger qtys -

> nascent is not. I would assume that if you bought non food grade

iodine it

> could be full of toxins.

>

>

>

> & gt;

> & gt; I looked up the magnascent.com site but couldn't find anything

on why

> & gt; it would be better than Lugol's. He says it is more pure, but

I cannot

> & gt; imagine that whoever makes Lugol's would be using anything

other than

> & gt; pharmaceutical grade components or that they would contain

Mercury or

> & gt; other contaminants. It is apparently iodine only, not the

combination

> & gt; of iodine and iodide which Drs Brownstein, Abraham et al feel

is more

> & gt; universally usable by the body. As for the increased energy

part,

> & gt; there is no further explanation of that. Maybe I missed

something.

> & gt;

> & gt; Dorothy

>

Guest guest

Hi there

No, as for as I know there have never been any test comparing Nascenct iodine to Lugol or any other type of Iodine. We did have a series of test run in Israel several years ago to determine if nascent iodine was effect against malaria. Those test results may still be in the group archives. At first they were excited with results but later determined that it wasn't effective enough. The iodine was only administerd to the mice twice a day and in more concentration than I wanted. But I was very glad to have the studies done at all.

Also another series was run in Iran but only once a day. ( As Dr. Sircus points out in his papers) there is evidence that is shown in Yemen that children from costal areas are more likely to surive severe malaria than those from mountainous areas even though the treatment is the same. We suspect that the additional iodine from the costal areas is what helps the most and he sites some other studies.

Would you weaken the Lugols down to the range used by nascent iodine users or increase the nascent up to the high levels used with Lugols? Lugols is used once a day or twice, while nascent can be used 5 times a day due to the 2 or 3 hours while active in the nascent state? These arre very different and work in different ways.

Some doctors in India and also one in Africa have applied for grants to study nascent iodine with various sick folks. Lugols has been around so long, there may be much data available on it already. Thankks for the ideas Thanks, hirejohn@...www.magnascent.com--- On Wed, 6/11/08, mudpuppyman <mudpuppyman@...> wrote:

From: mudpuppyman <mudpuppyman@...>Subject: Re: nascent iodineiodine Date: Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 1:38 PM

," My reason was that the mild or weak form of iodine, (not nascent) would not cure severe malaria for my friend in Africa. It was his greatest problem some 7 years ago. "I assume you are comparing a mild form of atomic iodine to a stronger form, called nascent. But has nascent iodine been compared with lugols, in any studies treating malaria, etc ?thanks> > From: ladybugsandbees ladybugsandbees@ ...> Subject: Re: Re: nascent iodine> iodinegroups (DOT) com> Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 5:45 PM> > > > > > > You are not mistaken Dorothy and that is what troubles me about nascent. It > is a traditional usage item and really has not been studied.

Lugol's was a > formulation created by a Frenchman and has been studied and there is lots of > information about it. I stick with Dr. A & amp; Dr B on this one.> > Lugol's is a govt regulated substance since you need an rx for larger qtys - > nascent is not. I would assume that if you bought non food grade iodine it > could be full of toxins.> > > > & gt;> & gt; I looked up the magnascent.com site but couldn't find anything on why> & gt; it would be better than Lugol's. He says it is more pure, but I cannot> & gt; imagine that whoever makes Lugol's would be using anything other than> & gt; pharmaceutical grade components or that they would contain Mercury or> & gt; other contaminants. It is apparently iodine only, not the combination> & gt; of iodine and iodide which Drs

Brownstein, Abraham et al feel is more> & gt; universally usable by the body. As for the increased energy part,> & gt; there is no further explanation of that. Maybe I missed something.> & gt;> & gt; Dorothy>

Guest guest

I need to add a couple of cents to this discussion.

Recently a client asked me about Nascent Iodine. Now, since I sell Iodoral, I usually dodge questions about other products because everyone has a choice and we suppliers don't need to fight with each other, but this particular guy saw through the dodge and asked me for some real answers. I went to the magneticclay.com site and read what was there.

There are a couple of statements that contradict the information I have. The following is a snip from my letter to my client.

quote from the site: "...a 2-3 hour time span. During this time, Nascent Iodine is recognized by the body as the same iodine that is produced by the thyroid and is absorbed effortlessly by the body."

Correction: Iodine is an essential nutrient. It is NOT "produced by" the thyroid. Essential, as you know, means we must have it in our diet because we do not make our own. If we did, there would be no deficiency and no need to take any. Dr. Brownstein says that over 90% of the people he's tested are deficient in iodine.

This site also says, "It is also unlike glandular or prescriptions containing hormones that take over the thyroid's job, instead of nutritionally building the thyroid to do its own job." I agree that the thyroid should be built up to do its own job. However, Iodine and thyroid hormones are NOT interchangeable as this statement implies. Even a healthy thyroid needs iodine to do its job. Can NOT "do the job" without iodine. Period!! Our diet and environment can damage the thyroid and even with support it may still need a little boost in the form of desiccated thyroid to supply a small amount of hormone. In addition to iodine!!

It says that the term "nascent" is a coined term, offers no further explanation except that it is charged with 10 amps of resistance, and then lists it as the ingredient. "10 amps of resistance for five minutes with a high volume of iodine in solution"?? OK, passing a current through it may do something, but what "solution" are we talking about? If Iodine alone won't dissolve in water, what are we using as a base? I suppose alcohol, which is fine.

My client noted that Nascent Iodine is claimed to be more bioavailable. I replied that in my opinion, "bioavailability" is an issue as much about the ability of each person's individual physiology to recognize AND UTILIZE a nutrient, as it is about whether the product CAN be recognized as a nutrient. We know that Lugol's is bioavailable in both senses, after 180 years of use. Why re-invent the wheel?

My last point is that Nascent Iodine is stated to have only one-fifth of ONE milligram (200 micrograms) per drop, which means it is VERY dilute, in grain alcohol... In contrast, Lugols has 6.25 MILLIGRAMS per drop, and one Iodoral tablet = 2 drops of Lugols. The nascent almost sounds like a homeopathic dilution. That may be exactly what is needed by some, but it just isn't enough for me. I'm currently taking 2-3 Iodoral a day.

I am glad we have so many options open, because everyone is different.

Regards,

Coos BayVote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.

Guest guest

--

Thank you for the detailed explanation you gave of the process and rationale for nascent iodine today in this group. It was very interesting. I will direct my client to your site for further information.

regards

Coos BayVote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.

Guest guest

I had been taking only 2 drops of Lugals in the morning. Today I tried the Masnasant iodine. I took it in the nascant form - in 1/2th cup of water.

I took about 4 drops this morning, and about 8 drops this afternoon.

I have to say, I do feel better..

suggested taking between 5-8 drops in about 1/4th cp of water before each meal..

(today, my back is feeling better) Don't know if that is related or not.

said that 5-8 drops of the magnisant form is like 1 mg to 1.6 mg of iodine..

I don't have maleria, but I have been very ill for 24 years in chronic pain, a shot nervous system., and a compromised immune system that developed a cancerous tumor in my thryoid...

I think I will try the same amout of Lugals on a different day to see if I feel any differences.

Re: Re: nascent iodine> iodinegroups (DOT) com> Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 5:45 PM> > > > > > > You are not mistaken Dorothy and that is what troubles me about nascent.

It > is a traditional usage item and really has not been studied. Lugol's was a > formulation created by a Frenchman and has been studied and there is lots of > information about it. I stick with Dr. A & amp; Dr B on this one.> > Lugol's is a govt regulated substance since you need an rx for larger qtys - > nascent is not. I would assume that if you bought non food grade iodine it > could be full of toxins.> > > > & gt;> & gt; I looked up the magnascent.com site but couldn't find anything on why> & gt; it would be better than Lugol's. He says it is more pure, but I cannot> & gt; imagine that whoever makes Lugol's would be using anything other than> & gt; pharmaceutical grade components or that they would contain Mercury or> & gt;

other contaminants. It is apparently iodine only, not the combination> & gt; of iodine and iodide which Drs Brownstein, Abraham et al feel is more> & gt; universally usable by the body. As for the increased energy part,> & gt; there is no further explanation of that. Maybe I missed something.> & gt;> & gt; Dorothy>

Guest guest

>

> Hello folks. I'm interested in using nascent iodine for general and

> specific health needs. I can find no info on it at the site

> iodine4health. This is curious. Does anyone have any info on

nascent

> iodine, anecdotes, experience and links to data (not to links

selling

> it)? Also, interested in comparisons to other forms of iodine.

> Thanks,

> Tor

>

Have been reading the responses to my original post regarding nascent

iodine. I must say that I'm left being fairly skeptical. Why would

doctors who have devoted their careers to helping people using iodine

not be open to nascent? Obviously, they don't think it is as

beneficial as other forms. These professionals aren't selling iodine--

they're using it and with great success. is selling nascent

iodine and can't give any scientific data on it's efficacy. Patents

don't mean efficacy just a corner on a particular formulation. Any new

concoction can basically be patented. The proof is always in the

pudding. Does it work or doesn't it? I've contacted a couple of

people working with iodine and they tell me invariably that patients

prefer Iodoral/Lugol's. I'm still open but need data.

Tor

Guest guest

gosh, nancy, getting a bit fiesty huh? sandi Boal <nancyboal@...> wrote: I had been taking only 2 drops of Lugals in the morning. Today I tried the Masnasant iodine. I took it in the nascant form - in 1/2th cup of water. I took about 4 drops this morning, and about 8 drops this afternoon. I have to say, I do feel better.. suggested taking

between 5-8 drops in about 1/4th cp of water before each meal.. (today, my back is feeling better) Don't know if that is related or not. said that 5-8 drops of the magnisant form is like 1 mg to 1.6 mg of iodine.. I don't have maleria, but I have been very ill for 24 years in chronic pain, a shot nervous system., and a compromised immune system that developed a cancerous tumor in my thryoid... I think I will try the same amout of Lugals on a different day to see if I feel any differences. Re: Re: nascent iodine> iodinegroups (DOT) com> Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 5:45 PM> > > > > > > You are not mistaken Dorothy and that is what troubles me about nascent. It > is a

traditional usage item and really has not been studied. Lugol's was a > formulation created by a Frenchman and has been studied and there is lots of > information about it. I stick with Dr. A & amp; Dr B on this one.> > Lugol's is a govt regulated substance since you need an rx for larger qtys - > nascent is not. I would assume that if you bought non food grade iodine it > could be full of toxins.> > > > & gt;> & gt; I looked up the magnascent.com site but couldn't find anything on why> & gt; it would be better than Lugol's. He says it is more pure, but I cannot> & gt; imagine that whoever makes Lugol's would be using anything other than> & gt; pharmaceutical grade components or that they would contain Mercury or> & gt; other contaminants. It is apparently

iodine only, not the combination> & gt; of iodine and iodide which Drs Brownstein, Abraham et al feel is more> & gt; universally usable by the body. As for the increased energy part,> & gt; there is no further explanation of that. Maybe I missed something.> & gt;> & gt; Dorothy>

Guest guest

It is 10PM. I am actually warm.. but still have cold feet. So I think I did need to up the Iodine.

I am thinking of doing more of the Lugols tomorrow - rather than the Nascent..

I also ordered the saliva tests to get an update on my levels.

Yep Sandy - getty fisty!

Re: Re: nascent iodine> iodinegroups (DOT) com> Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 5:45 PM> > > > > > > You are not mistaken Dorothy and that is what troubles me about nascent.

It > is a traditional usage item and really has not been studied. Lugol's was a > formulation created by a Frenchman and has been studied and there is lots of > information about it. I stick with Dr. A & amp; Dr B on this one.> > Lugol's is a govt regulated substance since you need an rx for larger qtys - > nascent is not. I would assume that if you bought non food grade iodine it > could be full of toxins.> > > > & gt;> & gt; I looked up the magnascent.com site but couldn't find anything on why> & gt; it would be better than Lugol's. He says it is more pure, but I cannot> & gt; imagine that whoever makes Lugol's would be using anything other than> & gt; pharmaceutical grade components or that they would contain Mercury

or> & gt; other contaminants. It is apparently iodine only, not the combination> & gt; of iodine and iodide which Drs Brownstein, Abraham et al feel is more> & gt; universally usable by the body. As for the increased energy part,> & gt; there is no further explanation of that. Maybe I missed something.> & gt;> & gt; Dorothy>

Guest guest

@Coos Bay,

Thank you for that clarification. I am glad that I decided to go back to the Lugals tomorrow!

,NM

Re: nascent iodine

I need to add a couple of cents to this discussion.

Recently a client asked me about Nascent Iodine. Now, since I sell Iodoral, I usually dodge questions about other products because everyone has a choice and we suppliers don't need to fight with each other, but this particular guy saw through the dodge and asked me for some real answers. I went to the magneticclay. com site and read what was there.

There are a couple of statements that contradict the information I have. The following is a snip from my letter to my client.

quote from the site: "...a 2-3 hour time span. During this time, Nascent Iodine is recognized by the body as the same iodine that is produced by the thyroid and is absorbed effortlessly by the body."

Correction: Iodine is an essential nutrient. It is NOT "produced by" the thyroid. Essential, as you know, means we must have it in our diet because we do not make our own. If we did, there would be no deficiency and no need to take any. Dr. Brownstein says that over 90% of the people he's tested are deficient in iodine.

This site also says, "It is also unlike glandular or prescriptions containing hormones that take over the thyroid's job, instead of nutritionally building the thyroid to do its own job." I agree that the thyroid should be built up to do its own job. However, Iodine and thyroid hormones are NOT interchangeable as this statement implies. Even a healthy thyroid needs iodine to do its job. Can NOT "do the job" without iodine. Period!! Our diet and environment can damage the thyroid and even with support it may still need a little boost in the form of desiccated thyroid to supply a small amount of hormone. In addition to iodine!!

It says that the term "nascent" is a coined term, offers no further explanation except that it is charged with 10 amps of resistance, and then lists it as the ingredient. "10 amps of resistance for five minutes with a high volume of iodine in solution"?? OK, passing a current through it may do something, but what "solution" are we talking about? If Iodine alone won't dissolve in water, what are we using as a base? I suppose alcohol, which is fine.

My client noted that Nascent Iodine is claimed to be more bioavailable. I replied that in my opinion, "bioavailability" is an issue as much about the ability of each person's individual physiology to recognize AND UTILIZE a nutrient, as it is about whether the product CAN be recognized as a nutrient. We know that Lugol's is bioavailable in both senses, after 180 years of use. Why re-invent the wheel?

My last point is that Nascent Iodine is stated to have only one-fifth of ONE milligram (200 micrograms) per drop, which means it is VERY dilute, in grain alcohol... In contrast, Lugols has 6.25 MILLIGRAMS per drop, and one Iodoral tablet = 2 drops of Lugols. The nascent almost sounds like a homeopathic dilution. That may be exactly what is needed by some, but it just isn't enough for me. I'm currently taking 2-3 Iodoral a day.

I am glad we have so many options open, because everyone is different.

Regards,

Coos Bay

Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.

Guest guest

The reason why not too many doctors are open to nascent iodine is, I

think, that they look to the basics, they try to drill down to the

very bottom of things, and in choosing between different forms of

iodine to use professionally, they have a great deal of info. and

experiences recorded with lugol´s from many other doctors over the

past two hundred years, while Atomidine, Nascent and other " charged "

types of iodine have their origin in the minds of either Edgar Cayce

or Sunker Bisey, and it inevitably leads to a psychological

discussion when and if the basics of the " charged " kind of iodine is

discussed, and this is avoided if one goes with " regular "

or " natural " iodine...

> >

> > Hello folks. I'm interested in using nascent iodine for general

and

> > specific health needs. I can find no info on it at the site

> > iodine4health. This is curious. Does anyone have any info on

> nascent

> > iodine, anecdotes, experience and links to data (not to links

> selling

> > it)? Also, interested in comparisons to other forms of iodine.

> > Thanks,

> > Tor

> >

> Have been reading the responses to my original post regarding

nascent

> iodine. I must say that I'm left being fairly skeptical. Why

would

> doctors who have devoted their careers to helping people using

iodine

> not be open to nascent? Obviously, they don't think it is as

> beneficial as other forms. These professionals aren't selling

iodine--

> they're using it and with great success. is selling nascent

> iodine and can't give any scientific data on it's efficacy.

Patents

> don't mean efficacy just a corner on a particular formulation. Any

new

> concoction can basically be patented. The proof is always in the

> pudding. Does it work or doesn't it? I've contacted a couple of

> people working with iodine and they tell me invariably that

patients

> prefer Iodoral/Lugol's. I'm still open but need data.

> Tor

>

Guest guest

responses to posts:

, thanks for your honest response regarding lugols vs nascent.

I would like to see a study done comparing the maximum effectiveness of each to effect malaria at whatever dose each is best suited. I think we should keep in mind that a weakened body may prefer one form differently than a healthy body.

Brownstein does sell a form of 'atomic' iodine called rejuvadine, so he certainly believes in it for some patients, like maybe children or sensitive patients. I wonder why he chose that brand ?

If you read Brownstein's book, you will see an interesting chapter on how the thyroid converts iodide to iodine. The thyroid prefers the iodide form but uses it make the iodine form or atomic form. So I suppose taking the atomic form would bypass this natural process and work better for those folks who have a deficient thyroid conversion mechanism. Although some supplements may improve the thyroid conversion process too .

Guest guest

atta way to go, girl!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT - hwne you don't know how to love you, how can you love others? xoxo, sandi Boal <nancyboal@...> wrote: It is 10PM. I am actually warm.. but still have cold feet. So I think I did need to up the Iodine. I am thinking of doing more of the Lugols tomorrow - rather than the Nascent.. I also ordered the saliva tests to get

an update on my levels. Yep Sandy - getty fisty! Re: Re: nascent iodine> iodinegroups (DOT) com> Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 5:45 PM> > > > > > > You are not mistaken Dorothy and that is what troubles me about nascent. It > is a traditional usage item and really has not been studied. Lugol's was a > formulation created by a Frenchman and has been studied and there is lots of > information about it. I stick with Dr. A & amp; Dr B on this one.> > Lugol's is a govt regulated substance since you need an rx for larger qtys - > nascent is not. I would assume that if you bought non food grade iodine it > could be full of toxins.> > > > & gt;> & gt; I looked up the magnascent.com site but couldn't find anything on why> & gt; it would be better than

Lugol's. He says it is more pure, but I cannot> & gt; imagine that whoever makes Lugol's would be using anything other than> & gt; pharmaceutical grade components or that they would contain Mercury or> & gt; other contaminants. It is apparently iodine only, not the combination> & gt; of iodine and iodide which Drs Brownstein, Abraham et al feel is more> & gt; universally usable by the body. As for the increased energy part,> & gt; there is no further explanation of that. Maybe I missed something.> & gt;> & gt; Dorothy>

• 5 months later...

I finally found an iodine product i can tolerate and has increased my

energy tremendously in an even, relaxed way: Nascent Iodine from

LLMagnetic Clay. The brand Magnascent seems to be the same thing.

Iodine has many functiosn beside helping the thyroid: all hormones are

supported and it increases excretion of chemicals and metals.

It works best with clorides from magnesium chloride. I use seawater

from Ancient Minerals also at LLMagneticClay.

There is a book about all the things iodine cures by Mark Sircus, at

www.imva.info. Iodine has a long history as the " universal medicine " to

cure just about anything, even without a clear diagnosis. Sircus has

several books with suggestions about supplements.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kathy. I've been using MagnaScent. My TSH is going down and my abdominal patch test is being absorbed slower. I believe the 'nascent' type iodine is easier on the insides when you take it internally. Jim

From: jaxxon2003 <jaxxon2003@...>Subject: Nascent Iodineiodine Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:21 AM

Is anyone in this group using a nascent form of iodine? Just curiousbecause that is what I'd like to try to do. I have read that a personcan apply it topically or internally for the same results.Kathy