RemedySpot.com

Neurosurgeon

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello everyone

Can someone from the Los Angeles, CA and Arizona area recommend a neurosurgeon

that they have seen and/or used. I need to see one ASAP. In either area.

Thanks

• 6 years later...
Guest guest

Margaret,Either a well trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in spines or a neurosurgeon that specializes in spines only can do both cervical and lumbar spine surgery.The key is to find a well experienced spine surgeon and one that you feel confident in and trust.As for PT, I have posted quite a few times, how important post op physical therapy is and that those core exercises post any kind of spinal surgery become a ritual for you. A daily exercise routine for the rest of your life.If one is sedated for any kind of epidural, then one doesn't feel a thing during the procedure ad the usual routine is to also inject lidocaine or similar numbing agent along with the steroid in the injection. The steroid can take up to 2 weeks to fully become effective, if

it is going to help, therefore the numbing part of the injection will ease pain for about 12-24 hours.Good luck and glad to hear that your lumbar surgery provided you with pain relief.FranFrom: Margaret <sunngreen@...>Subject: NeurosurgeonSpinal Stenosis Treatment Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 10:00 PM

Has anyone else had a neurosurgeon do their surgery? I have been very pleased with my outcome, six months out. I had conservative surgery, but am mostly pain free.

Haven't read much discussion about PT being very important for a full recovery and that core strengthening exercises will need to be done for life. That's from my PT, Atilla the Hun.

Now I am looking for information about cervical stenosis. Is there any opinion about what's best for that. I have problems in C-3 through T-1, but I doubt they will do more than the worst ones, C-5-7.

By the way, they sedate, but don't anesthetize, here for epidurals. Must say that the cervical are more terrifying and painful.

Thank you all for your information and opinions.

Margaret

• 1 year later...

Dr Ben Carson specializes in Neurosurgery for Achondroplastic dwarfism. He

specializes in Achon & Peds, but it would be worth looking into see if he works

with adults. Someone there at the office may be able to guide you as well. He is

in land at Hopkins. He is a phenomenal man & surgeon

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neurology_neurosurgery/specialty_areas/pediatric_\

neurosurgery/

Here is the page to the Medical Advisory Board as well on Little People of

America main site that has a list of the doctors who specialize in dwarfism.

http://www.lpaonline.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=84629

Good Luck,

Liz

Dr. Moise pour at Cedars in LA is very respected in LPA. He's a neuro.

Thankfully, none of us have had to see him for surgery. But, we have seen him

for consultations/second opinions.

-Ellen