RemedySpot.com

Subject: PPA in medicines

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Subject: FW: PPA in medicines

Subject: FW: ATTENTION TO THIS INFORMATION IMPORTANTHi EveryoneI am passing this email forwarded to me this morning.It's about aMedication that is familiar to many of us. Note also theFDA 's comments at the end of the message.I received this information from a friend whose motherrecently passed away.Apparently, this was caused by a medication that is deadly.Here are the details and I suggest you pass it on to yourloved ones and others.Subject: Phenylpropanolamine (PPA)I would like to thank those of you whoexpressed condolences on the recent passing of my mother.She suffered a hemorrhagic stroke while she was driving homefrom my house on 7/30 and passed away on 8/3. Mymother's stroke and passing was an enormous shock to myfamily because she did not have any symptoms or risk factorsfor a stroke. Just the week before she had gone to herdoctor for a check up and received a clean bill of health.She did, however, develop a cold while she was visiting meand had taken Alka Seltzer Cold Plus for 3 days. Since herpassing, we have learned that Alka Seltzer is one of themany cold medicines that contains Phenylpropanolamine (PPA) which can cause hemorrhagic stokes or cerebral bleeding even with the first use. I am forwarding a list of othermedications that currently use PPA. These medicines aresupposedly being recalled but my mother just purchased thismedication less than two weeks ago. Pharmaceuticalcompanies have known about this danger for years, weunfortunately, did not.I urge you to review the list of medicines with PPA andavoid thesemedications. All drugs containing PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE aredangerous. You may want to try calling the 800 number listedon most drug boxes and inquire about a REFUND. Please readthis CAREFULLY. Also, please pass this on to everyone youknow. STOP TAKING anything containing this ingredient. Ithas been linked to increased hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding inbrain) among womenages 18-49 in the three days after starting use ofmedication. Problems were not found in men, but the FDArecommended that everyone (even children) seek alternativemedicine.The following medications contain Phenylpropanolamine:Acutrim Diet Gum Appetite SuppressantAcutrim Plus Dietary SupplementsAcutrim Maximum Strength Appetite ControlAlka-Seltzer Plus Children's Cold Medicine EffervescentAlka-Seltzer Plus Cold medicine (cherry or or ange)Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine OriginalAlka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough Medicine EffervescentAlka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Flu MedicineAlka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Sinus EffervescentAlka Seltzer Plus Night-Time Cold MedicineBC Allergy Sinus Cold PowderBC Sinus Cold PowderComtrex Flu Therapy & Fever ReliefDay & Night Contac 12-Hour Cold Capsules Contac 12 Hour CapletsCoricidin D Cold, Flu & SinusDexatrim Caffeine FreeDexatrim Extended DurationDexatrim GelcapsDexatrim Vitamin C/Caffeine FreeDimetapp Cold & Allergy Chewable TabletsDimetapp Cold & Cough Liqui-GelsDimetapp DM Cold & Cough ElixirDimetapp ElixirDimetapp 4 Hour Liquid GelsDimetapp 4 Hour TabletsDimetapp 12 Hour Extentabs TabletsNaldecon DX Pediatric DropsPermathene Mega-16Robitussin CFTavist-D 12 Hour Relief of Sinus & Nasal CongestionTriaminic DM Cough Rel! iefTriaminic Expectorant Chest & HeadTriaminic Syrup ! ! Cold & amp;am p; AllergyTriaminic Triaminicol Cold & CoughI just found out and called the 800# on the container forTriaminic and they informed me that they are voluntarilyrecalling the following medicines because of a certainingredient that is causing strokes and seizures in children:Orange 3D Cold & Allergy Cherry (Pink)3D Cold & Cough Berry3D Cough Relief Yellow 3D ExpectorantThey are asking you to call them at 800-548-3708 with thelot number on the box so they can send you postage for youto send it back to them, and they will also issue you arefund. If you know of anyone else with small children,PLEASE PASS THIS ON. THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF!DO PASS ALONG TO ALL ON YOUR MAILING LIST so people areinformed. They can then pass it along to their families.To confirm these findings please take time to check thefollowing:http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/ppa HelloI want to bring to your attention the Device SCIO/EPFX, a truly amazing Analyzing and Treatment System that will greatly enhance your practice and the life of your patients/clients.Please take a minute and visit our website, www.quantumedical.de in English.Contact me on this email for further details without compromise, Thank you.QuantuMedical Ltd. Branco LCPH London MARH UK FBIH ILQBT

Baseler Straße 12

D-12205 Berlin

Tel.: +49 30 3010 1163

Mobile: +49 176 2079 6804

http://www.quantumedical.de http://www.sciosan.com

This e-mail is confidential and may contain privileged information.

If you are not the addressee it may be unlawful for you to read, copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use the information in this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately.

qxci-scio-epfx-english From: dave@...Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:58:54 -0500Subject: Re: varhope values

Hi ,It seems to me it would be a very easy programming change to make it so you could only calibrate once, or even to auto-recalibrate if the % is below, say 80. But I do follow your thinking and agree.To me, the calibrating part always seemed like a reaching out of the SCIO to the client. Even the handshake picture normally shows up while calibrating. In that case, it is only normal for us to think more is better because it applies to everything else in science.Kind regards,Dave Naples, FL Branco wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong. Professor W. as said that calibrating once is the right thing to do, and attempts at getting higher Calibration % is not necessary. When Calibrating the SCIO sends a combination of special frequencies with the intention to get a definite reaction, to repeatedly calibrate stresses the Clients unduly. Be happy with the first attempt. I believe that repeatedly calibrating is an attempt from the practitioner rational conscious mind to get (more is better) in the box mind set.Announcement:HelloI want to bring to your attention the Device SCIO/EPFX, a truly amazing Analyzing and Treatment System that will greatly enhance your practice and the life of your patients/clients.Please take a minute and visit our website, www.quantumedical.de in English.Contact me on this email for further details without compromise, Thank you.QuantuMedical Ltd. Branco LCPH London MARH UK FBIH ILQBT

Baseler Straße 12

D-12205 Berlin

Tel.: +49 30 3010 1163

Mobile: +49 176 2079 6804

http://www.quantumedical.de http://www.sciosan.com

This e-mail is confidential and may contain privileged information.

If you are not the addressee it may be unlawful for you to read, copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use the information in this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately.

qxci-scio-epfx-english From: kathyqxsbcglobal (DOT) netDate: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:31:23 -0800Subject: Re: varhope values

The calibration is adjusted by Search and clear field anomalies and then Adjust Calibration this gives the numbers you want to see under the Body Electric Stress Parameters.

Yours in Health,

Kathy

From: parthenis <parthenis >qxci-scio-epfx-english Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:36:35 AMSubject: Re: varhope values

Kathy, I tried doing what you suggested but when I went back to calibration I could not find a way to recalibrate, the message was that I have already done calibration and I should proceed to test. Is there some other place for recalibration?Thank youEleni-- In qxci-scio-epfx- english@gro ups.com, Kathy <kathyqx@... > wrote:>> In reply to " yr suggestion how to test and find out how each element in > demographics affect the numbers is very interesting. But can you do > the calibration and test again and again? I thought you have to wait > 48 hours before you tested again." > > You would not be testing each time. Remember the calibration is what gives the VARHOPE scores. You would only go in change the Demographics (be sure to modify and save) and then recalibrate. This is not the hard part on the body electric. Remember the system is recalibrating throughout the whole session (remember the long red bar which showes up). The VARHOPE score is then accessible within the Calibration page under "Body Electric Stress Parameters". By no means will you do a test with this process.> > Yours in Health,> Kathy> > > > > > >

Click here for FREE customisable desktop wallpapers. Get them Now!

Win £1000 shopping sprees with BigSnapSearch.com Search now