RemedySpot.com

Re: [EPFXChat] Re: my scio box and switch problems

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please be advised that to uplug the device either from the computer or from the box without first turning the box off is NOT a good thing.. For instance you would not upplug your tv, computer etc. without first turning it off, food for thought.

rae

technical support

From: Kathy <kathyqx@...>Subject: [EPFXChat] Re: my scio box and switch problemsqxci-scio-epfx-english , epfxchat Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 3:07 PM

Fellow practitioners, I have received several messages just like this one recently, it almost feels like an epidemic... So I would like to address it to all of you.

Dear Kathy,

What to do?

I turn on the box but no lights come on.......

It's been a while coming. It almost has felt like some kind of 'short' as in the past I could toggle the on and off key a few times and it would come on.

Now nothing.

Ideas?

Thanks!

This is not an uncommon problem. The toggle switch on the boxes have always had problems shorting out or going bad; not all of them,

and not all the time...but way to often. In fact this is a problem with ALL toggle switches not just those on our devices. Because of this I have taught my students to NOT turn off the box between clients. It saves the switch.

That does not mean you should not reset the SCIO/EPFX-usb, it means to do it a different way. Instead of using the switch, unplug the usb from the back of the computer or from the back of the SCIO / EPFX box...either will do what you need and reset the device. Since the power needed to run the EPFX-usb & EPFX comes from the computer through the usb cord.

Please, save yourself a headache and the expense of having your box fixed when the switch goes bad.

Be sure to visit my website below for end of the year discounts.

Yours in Health, Kathy

www.4yourhealthshop .com order now and receive a 15% discount on all written and recorded materials done by Kathy until December 31, 2008 take advantage of this for those who have been needing more training and need a tax write-off before the end of the year. (why share it with uncle sam when you can use it yourself?) Don't worry that the price does not show the discount, that will come directly from us when the charge is processed. If you need to pay by check, just e-mail me at kathyqxsbcglobal (DOT) net

www.vital-connectio n.com (for on-line trainings)

Thank you for adding the Safely Removing Hardware comment on this, I should have thought to mention that. Our biggest issue here is that we have a problem we have to work around. If you turn off the computer before you unplug the machine it also stops the lights on the box, meaning that it has shut down. Yes it takes a little longer to bring it up each time...but would you rather have the extra time used to restart or the cost and down time when replacing the switch?

Yours in Health,

Kathy

From: rae lorenz <raelorenzo@...>qxci-scio-epfx-english ; epfxchat ; EPFXChat Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:41:10 PMSubject: Re: [EPFXChat] Re: my scio box and switch problems

Please be advised that to unplug the device either from the computer or from the box without first turning the box off is NOT a good thing.. For instance you would not unplug your TV, computer, etc. without first turning it off, food for thought.

rae

technical support[Moderator Note:Rae, would it be better to 'Safely Remove Hardware'via the Taskbar, then pull the USB cable from the USB port, then plug it back in to turn on the EPFX-usb again? If these electromechanical switches are failing often, would this be a viable alternate technique? - ]

The technical support team for the Quantum Alliance recommends that you ALWAYS turn your scio device off before you unplug it.

From: Kathy <kathyqx@...>Subject: Re: [EPFXChat] Re: my scio box and switch problemsEPFXChat , qxci-scio-epfx-english Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 6:44 PM

Thank you for adding the Safely Removing Hardware comment on this, I should have thought to mention that. Our biggest issue here is that we have a problem we have to work around. If you turn off the computer before you unplug the machine it also stops the lights on the box, meaning that it has shut down. Yes it takes a little longer to bring it up each time...but would you rather have the extra time used to restart or the cost and down time when replacing the switch?

Yours in Health,

Kathy

From: rae lorenz <raelorenzo (DOT) com>qxci-scio-epfx- english@gro ups.com; epfxchat@group s.com; EPFXChat@group s.comSent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:41:10 PMSubject: Re: [EPFXChat] Re: my scio box and switch problems

Please be advised that to unplug the device either from the computer or from the box without first turning the box off is NOT a good thing.. For instance you would not unplug your TV, computer, etc. without first turning it off, food for thought.

rae

technical support[Moderator Note:Rae, would it be better to 'Safely Remove Hardware'via the Taskbar, then pull the USB cable from the USB port, then plug it back in to turn on the EPFX-usb again? If these electromechanical switches are failing often, would this be a viable alternate technique? - ]