one ever has complained about it hurting but me. I'm glad to hear I haven't

been imagining it. LOL I'm sorry that it stings, but I wouldn't get rid of

Xolair for anything!

Kristy

Behalf Of uca79iii

Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 9:24 AM

Subject: [ ] A first for me

After over 3 years of getting a Xolair shot in each arm every two

weeks, I actually felt the needle and a small burn as it was injected.

Of course, 5 seconds later I could not tell where it was given and the

pain was gone.

I was teasing around with the nurse and made her laugh when she

stabbed me. That must have been the reason LOL!

Doug

Group Founder

When that happens to me I always think that they did not wait long enough

for the alcholo that they rub on your arm to evaporate Hmmmmm

-----Original Message-----

Behalf Of uca79iii

Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 9:24 AM

Subject: [ ] A first for me

After over 3 years of getting a Xolair shot in each arm every two

weeks, I actually felt the needle and a small burn as it was injected.

Of course, 5 seconds later I could not tell where it was given and the

pain was gone.

I was teasing around with the nurse and made her laugh when she

stabbed me. That must have been the reason LOL!

Doug

Group Founder

1-1/2 years for me in both arms. I think I felt the shot once or

twice ... just a little sting ... best way to ignore those things is

to get into some good conversation with the nurse ... like " oh no,

you're gonna stab with that thing again " and she grins and says " you

betcha ... makes my day " .

My Xolair shots are subcutenaous which means just under the skin ...

not intermuscular ... so usually no feeling at all.

>

> After over 3 years of getting a Xolair shot in each arm every two

> weeks, I actually felt the needle and a small burn as it was injected.

>

> Of course, 5 seconds later I could not tell where it was given and the

> pain was gone.

>

> I was teasing around with the nurse and made her laugh when she

> stabbed me. That must have been the reason LOL!

>

> Doug

>

> Group Founder

>

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Hey Gail,

I smiled when you talked about crossing your legs. I have noticed that is such a nice thing to be able to do now. Yes, I love seeing people who haven't seen me in a while and, they are never quite sure what to say--do I say wow you have lost weight--if I say that does it me you were over weight? So I help them, I say I have lost quite a bit of weight and boy do I feel great. Then they always want to know "how did you do it?" It is like they think we have discovered some magical way of doing it--wrong. We had to work at it just like anyone else. But, for most of us we have this fabulous tool that allows us to be more successful than most people who are on a diet.

Thanks for you nice comment, I am wearing my new belt right now!. My Dad was cute when I told him I bought my first belt. He said oh what the heck, just get some rope like "Daisy Mae--you have to be older to know who Daisy Mae is" and tie it around your waist--one size fits all and you might start a new fashion statement. Got to love my Dad's sense of humor. I will stick with the belt.

Have a great weekend,

Suzanne

In a message dated 3/20/2009 9:55:53 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, sweetsmile1955@... writes:

That is truly a great feeling! Just the small things like a belt....to someone else they can't wrap their head around that...but to former chubbies, it means so much! I saw my cousin yesterday and she hadn't seen my weight loss, and I was describing the simple things that mean so much....just like crossing my legs to where my ankles touch or I can wrap my ankles around my other ankle while my legs are crossed.....it has been 12 years since I was able to do that!

I also went out to dinner with family and they were amazed at the weight loss. I even saw another cousin whom I hadn't seen in 27 years. He thought I looked great and like I did when he knew me before. He never saw me heavy.....but the others were astounded. That is always a wonderful to go to a dinner party with family that you haven't seen and not be afraid of how you look or wonder how their faces will look when they see how fat you've gotten. I just no longer worry about that...I can be more confident that I look presentable and am not afraid of pictures or a camera now!

Great job Suzanne...wear that belt proudly!

Hugs!

Gail

From: suzanne.hinshaw <SuzanneSHaol>Subject: A first for me Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 7:23 PM

Hi Everyone,Well, I have to admit that I got to experience a first for me. I actually had to go out an buy a belt tonight. My size 12 pants feel just a little baggy and so it was a belt or some new size 10 pants. I went for the belt right now and will look into some smaller pants one day soon. It has been at least a 100 years since I have owned a belt. I want you to know that I started out in size 16 or 18 pants depending on the pants back in October 2008. So this is a nice feeling.Isn't it amazing what simple things like this mean to each of us when we experience them? We all have different things that make us see how far we have come.Thank you all for the great support that I have received. You have all come a long ways too!!!!Suzanne217 / 161 / 125Start Now GoalSeeved 10/21/08

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Guest guest

Hi Joyce,

I am sure there are things that you notice that you haven't done in years? Just name one for me! That Santa look will go away one of these day--look at how far you have come. How about crossing you legs? That was another big one for me. My robe now goes around me a lot more times and the same with a towel when I get out of the shower.

Have a great weekend.

Suzanne

In a message dated 3/20/2009 10:40:30 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, joycemitch@... writes:

Suzanne,

A belt is an amazing accomplishment. I haven't worn a belt in decades because I looked like Santa. Besides all my elastic waist pants don't have belt loops. LOL.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 7:23 PM, suzanne.hinshaw <SuzanneSHaol> wrote:

Hi Everyone,Well, I have to admit that I got to experience a first for me. I actually had to go out an buy a belt tonight. My size 12 pants feel just a little baggy and so it was a belt or some new size 10 pants. I went for the belt right now and will look into some smaller pants one day soon. It has been at least a 100 years since I have owned a belt. I want you to know that I started out in size 16 or 18 pants depending on the pants back in October 2008. So this is a nice feeling.Isn't it amazing what simple things like this mean to each of us when we experience them? We all have different things that make us see how far we have come.Thank you all for the great support that I have received. You have all come a long ways too!!!!Suzanne217 / 161 / 125Start Now GoalSeeved 10/21/08

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Guest guest

That is truly a great feeling! Just the small things like a belt....to someone else they can't wrap their head around that...but to former chubbies, it means so much! I saw my cousin yesterday and she hadn't seen my weight loss, and I was describing the simple things that mean so much....just like crossing my legs to where my ankles touch or I can wrap my ankles around my other ankle while my legs are crossed.....it has been 12 years since I was able to do that!

I also went out to dinner with family and they were amazed at the weight loss. I even saw another cousin whom I hadn't seen in 27 years. He thought I looked great and like I did when he knew me before. He never saw me heavy.....but the others were astounded. That is always a wonderful to go to a dinner party with family that you haven't seen and not be afraid of how you look or wonder how their faces will look when they see how fat you've gotten. I just no longer worry about that...I can be more confident that I look presentable and am not afraid of pictures or a camera now!

Great job Suzanne...wear that belt proudly!

Hugs!

Gail

From: suzanne.hinshaw <SuzanneSH@...>Subject: A first for me Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 7:23 PM