RemedySpot.com

Stiff Knees & Water Exercises

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I read today that I'm not the only one who has stiff knees. Each time I stand after sitting with my legs down (as at a table), I'm so stiff for a few seconds. Yesterday I went to the pool and worked on exercises that would bend my knees more. It's amazing that in the water, I can bring my knee to my chest. I also walked a lot lifting my knees high with each step. I'm no worse for wear today but I don't really know if all this bending in the water will help make my knees less stiff. Only time will tell, I guess.BTW, I have free use of the YMCA through my Kaiser Health Plan and of course the pool is heated, though not as warm as I'd like. I'm really sold on water exercises and you don't need a class to do them. You don't even have to get your face or hair wet! Just get in there and start walking backwards, forward, sideways. Hold onto the side and do leg lifts sideways and to the back. Jumping jacks, scissor

kicks...it's easy to fill up 30 minutes. And none of these exercises hurt when done in the water. in Colorado

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.