RemedySpot.com

RE: I did it again!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If you can get in a warm pool to work on ROM that helps tons.

Joi

Gizmo, Max, Jazzy, Artemis, Maui, the GC and Painted breeders

http://www.toolady.com/www/breeders/joyfulfeathers/index.html

Member of the Pyrrhura Breeders

Association - Not just for breeders!

www.pyrrhurabreedersassociation.com

of the ASA

From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ] On Behalf Of patty_kay7

Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008

4:32 PM

Joint Replacement

Subject:

I did it again!

Hi everyone! I was a member of this group a few years

ago and met many

wonderful people on here. Well, I just had my 2nd TKR two weeks ago and

needed to have some encouragement again from the group. I have home

therapy coming for the next week and then I'll be an outpatient again.

I am not looking forward to the physical therapy again and I don't know

if I'll have to go thru a manipulation on this knee or not. At two

weeks my ROM is 71.....I've had previous surgeries on this knee also

and know there is probably some scar tissue built up. I'm just pretty

down today and I know that I have to work on the bending, but it really

hurts!! So, tell me....anyone have any secrets out there to work thru

the pain?? I'm on perocet now...I just couldn't handle the oxycicodone

or lortab...(too many nightmares!!) Take care and God bless!!

I really did find that icing my knee whenever I was sitting still helped. Also, at this point you are at, I was still napping a lot as I felt exhausted. Let yourself rest. You may have forgotten how tired you would be.

-----Original Message-----From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of patty_kay7Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:32 PMJoint Replacement Subject: I did it again!

Hi everyone! I was a member of this group a few years ago and met many wonderful people on here. Well, I just had my 2nd TKR two weeks ago and needed to have some encouragement again from the group. I have home therapy coming for the next week and then I'll be an outpatient again. I am not looking forward to the physical therapy again and I don't know if I'll have to go thru a manipulation on this knee or not. At two weeks my ROM is 71.....I've had previous surgeries on this knee also and know there is probably some scar tissue built up. I'm just pretty down today and I know that I have to work on the bending, but it really hurts!! So, tell me....anyone have any secrets out there to work thru the pain?? I'm on perocet now...I just couldn't handle the oxycicodone or lortab...(too many nightmares!!) Take care and God bless!!

Keep on bending!...take your pain meds about 30 minutes prior to PT. Ice afterwards....

Iwould love to heard details about your manipulation. I tried to get my doc to do one on me and he doesnt do them unless you are below 100 and I was right at 100...he said it would set me way back. Did you find that to be true?

Marguerite

On Jan 2, 2008 6:31 PM, patty_kay7 <patty_kay7@...> wrote:

Hi everyone! I was a member of this group a few years ago and met many wonderful people on here. Well, I just had my 2nd TKR two weeks ago and needed to have some encouragement again from the group. I have home therapy coming for the next week and then I'll be an outpatient again. I am not looking forward to the physical therapy again and I don't know if I'll have to go thru a manipulation on this knee or not. At two weeks my ROM is 71.....I've had previous surgeries on this knee also and know there is probably some scar tissue built up. I'm just pretty down today and I know that I have to work on the bending, but it really hurts!! So, tell me....anyone have any secrets out there to work thru the pain?? I'm on perocet now...I just couldn't handle the oxycicodone or lortab...(too many nightmares!!) Take care and God bless!!