RemedySpot.com

drug allergy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please keep us posted on what the doctor says.

-- Drug Allergy

I have been off of all meds except the ace inhibitor lisinopril. I had another allergic reaction with anaphylaxis. Well....now what? I'm going back to the dr to see what other ace inhibitor they can put me on.

Hugs,

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

How ya doing today ??? What did the Dr. put you on this time??? Keep us updated!!!

(((Love and Healing Hugs )))

Mom

I have been off of all meds except the ace inhibitor lisinopril. I had another allergic reaction with anaphylaxis. Well....now what? I'm going back to the dr to see what other ace inhibitor they can put me on.

Hugs,

May today there be peace within you.May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." Even Angels Need Bear Hugsangelbear1129@...

Ended up in the ER last night. I guess traces of the lisinopril is still in my system. They gave me steroids by IV before I knew it...now the main concern becomes staying out of DKA. Anytime I have had steroids it has always ended up badly. So far I'm okay. As long as I can keep hydrated and keep my blood sugars below 300 I'll be alright. Now I'm only on Prozac and Insulin. I refuse to take the metformin until all sides are looked at of it's use because I just don't see the benefit of helping blood sugars and pcos over my kidneys in their weakend state.

I still can't believe it's been 3 years since the towers came down and heaven got 5,000 more angels. I'm watching a 'where are they now' show, showing where the people who got out and the fire/police, and how they are now. I'm surprised at how grateful many of them are for the opportunity to change their lives. I'm not sure I'd be so grateful in their shoes.

Love,

Re: Drug Allergy

How ya doing today ??? What did the Dr. put you on this time??? Keep us updated!!!

Mom

Hugs,

May today there be peace within you.May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." Even Angels Need Bear Hugsangelbear1129@...~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Hi heather,

Glad that you went to ER last night... How are you holding up tonight??? Still alright with the steroids??? Keep us posted...

Lots of Prayers go out today for the lost ones and their loved ones left behind...

((( Heavenly Hugs )))

Mom

Ended up in the ER last night. I guess traces of the lisinopril is still in my system. They gave me steroids by IV before I knew it...now the main concern becomes staying out of DKA. Anytime I have had steroids it has always ended up badly. So far I'm okay. As long as I can keep hydrated and keep my blood sugars below 300 I'll be alright. Now I'm only on Prozac and Insulin. I refuse to take the metformin until all sides are looked at of it's use because I just don't see the benefit of helping blood sugars and pcos over my kidneys in their weakend state.

I still can't believe it's been 3 years since the towers came down and heaven got 5,000 more angels. I'm watching a 'where are they now' show, showing where the people who got out and the fire/police, and how they are now. I'm surprised at how grateful many of them are for the opportunity to change their lives. I'm not sure I'd be so grateful in their shoes.

Love,

May today there be peace within you.May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." Even Angels Need Bear Hugsangelbear1129@...

Mom,

I'm doing well tonight. I went to visit my Grandmother in the nursing home, she doesn't get much company. Tomorrow I'm taking her to Kmart just to get out. Must be lonely for her, she is the only one there still in her mind.

Love,

Hi heather,

Glad that you went to ER last night... How are you holding up tonight??? Still alright with the steroids??? Keep us posted...

Lots of Prayers go out today for the lost ones and their loved ones left behind...

((( Heavenly Hugs )))

Mom

Love,

May today there be peace within you.May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." Even Angels Need Bear Hugsangelbear1129@...~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

How are you feeling today?

-- Re: Drug Allergy

Love,

Mom

Hugs,

May today there be peace within you.May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." Even Angels Need Bear Hugsangelbear1129@...~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Better, thanks . I've had some itching, but no throat swelling, thank goodness.

Hugs,

Mom

Hugs,

May today there be peace within you.May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." Even Angels Need Bear Hugsangelbear1129@...~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

• 4 years later...

Hi all,

I had my reconstruction surgery about a month ago and had an allergic

reaction to the antibiotic Avelox. It caused severe anxiety!! I ended

up in the ER. Well, I started on the drops (Floxin Otic) and today I

broke out into hives. I did some research and they are in the same

classification of drugs known as quinolone. I'm also allergic to

sulfa. I know that my dr LOVES these drugs. I was wondering if anybody

else was allergic to these drugs and what other type of drugs are out

there that will work like these do. If anybody has any input I would

appreciate it. I'm going to call the dr tomorrow and try to get a

different ear drop.