RemedySpot.com

Blood in ear the past few mornings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all. I had a large C-toma removed October 27th. I have been getting

really crusty ear wax that needs to be scraped out each morning.

Except the last 2 mornings I have noticed blood. It seems to be mixed

with earwax because it comes out a dark brown reddish color. Anyone

know why this may be happening? I haven't really slept on that side

yet either as my ear is still numb and sore. Any ideas or follow up

with what I should be expecting right now? Also, still have the

ringing in my ear and can't hear too well/ Thanks! I appreciate

anyone's help and/or suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

> My phone calls last week were finally returned on monday > afternoon (3pm). It was the nurse asking which pharmacy I wanted my > meds called into. It seems my ENT was not even interested in looking > at the issue, he just wanted to toss meds at me. I told the nurse > that the drainage and pains quit on friday and i've been fine all > weekend. She said great, then I won't call in your RX's. That's > it. TG I have people in this group to talk to!!! If I were you I would be looking for another ENT. Seriously. First he can't be arsed to answer the phone at all, then when he finally does get back to you he prescribes meds without seeing you. It's a bit late now, but the correct approach to that phone call was to say "Thank you for finally coming back to me, when will the doctor see me please ?" and to refuse to accept anything less. Sorry, but it sounds as though this guy is suffering from terminal lazy-itis !

Milton Keynes,

UK

Welcome to American Medicine!

Possibly I've offended him by educating him on foods that are proven

to cause infections (and other ways to combat this problem). If I

continue to neglect my health, I will continue to need his services.

I'm not what you can call a reliable patient. I do not intend on

needing surgery after surgery. I am working on the root cause and

sadly, this is offensive to many American doctors.

Health, Happiness & Season's Greetings from Kansas

>

> Cholesteatoma> My phone calls last week were finally returned on

monday

> > afternoon (3pm). It was the nurse asking which pharmacy I wanted

my

> > meds called into. It seems my ENT was not even interested in

looking

> > at the issue, he just wanted to toss meds at me. I told the nurse

> > that the drainage and pains quit on friday and i've been fine all

> > weekend. She said great, then I won't call in your RX's. That's

> > it. TG I have people in this group to talk to!!!

>

>

> If I were you I would be looking for another ENT. Seriously.

First he can't be arsed to answer the phone at all, then when he

finally does get back to you he prescribes meds without seeing you.

It's a bit late now, but the correct approach to that phone call was

to say " Thank you for finally coming back to me, when will the doctor

see me please ? " and to refuse to accept anything less. Sorry, but

it sounds as though this guy is suffering from terminal lazy-itis !

>

>

> ,

>

> Milton Keynes,

> UK

>

Friend,

I don't want to offend you, but let me tell you a little about my child. She has always had a diet based on macrobiotic nutrition, she has seen a chiropractor 2-3 times per week for the last three years, she takes appropriate supplements, and uses a daily probiotic. I was raised by a lovely mother whom I call the original health nut and a father who puts his Trudeau books on the shelf next to his Bible. I also have taken multiple courses on health and nutrition. So I am not coming to you ignorantly. These things have all helped to make five year old Chloe as healthy as possible and given her body a chance to work and heal optimally.

Unfortunately, this is a disease which cannot be cured by eating better. If there are cells left after surgery, it will grow back. Yes, it is sometimes possible to prevent ear infections when they are caused by food allergies, but that is not enough to be sure you are free of cholesteatoma. I know it is tempting to try less invasive " cures " , but the only way to be safe from the very real and very terrible possible complications of this disease process is to have the regular checkups, CT scans, and, yes, even surgeries when instructed by a good surgeon. It is also important to have a surgeon you can trust and respect, even better if he is willing to listen to your ideas and integrate them when appropriate.

That said, Chloe just had her eleventh surgery, and she was full of cholesteatoma again. There were no warning signs. This was a scheduled revision look. If I had not brought her so that I could try other natural treatments, it is quite possible that by the time I did bring her for surgery, the cholesteatoma would have caused irreparable harm to my child. That seems irresponsible to me. My chiropractor, who cries harder than I do when Chloe needs surgery or antibiotics, told me yesterday that she is glad we have good American medicine for situations like Chloe's. I don't consider her a guinea pig for someone's research project. She simply has an aggressive form of an invasive disease which regrettably forces me to subject her to treatments that I do not find pleasant in order to keep her safe.

I hope you will find a doctor who will listen to your concerns, and also be able to explain to you the hazards of neglecting medical treatment for ctoma. It does not sound like you are having good communication with your current surgeon, and that is vital to the long relationship required to prevent recurrence of cholesteatoma.

Again, I do not mean to offend, but this group is meant to support those suffering from cholesteatoma, and one of the best ways I can do that, is to encourage everyone to get their medical advice from their doctor. I appreciate, also your attempts to do everything in your power to be as healthy as possible, and sincerely hope that you will not need more surgery. If you do, though, talk to some of the group members who do not have access to Western medicine, and I think you will be grateful for what we do have.

Best Wishes,

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 9:38 AM, ksboheem <ksboheem@...> wrote:

Welcome to American Medicine!Possibly I've offended him by educating him on foods that are proven

to cause infections (and other ways to combat this problem). If Icontinue to neglect my health, I will continue to need his services.I'm not what you can call a reliable patient. I do not intend onneeding surgery after surgery. I am working on the root cause and

sadly, this is offensive to many American doctors.Health, Happiness & Season's Greetings from Kansas>> Cholesteatoma> My phone calls last week were finally returned on

monday> > afternoon (3pm). It was the nurse asking which pharmacy I wantedmy> > meds called into. It seems my ENT was not even interested inlooking> > at the issue, he just wanted to toss meds at me. I told the nurse

> > that the drainage and pains quit on friday and i've been fine all> > weekend. She said great, then I won't call in your RX's. That's> > it. TG I have people in this group to talk to!!!

>>> If I were you I would be looking for another ENT. Seriously.First he can't be arsed to answer the phone at all, then when hefinally does get back to you he prescribes meds without seeing you.

It's a bit late now, but the correct approach to that phone call wasto say " Thank you for finally coming back to me, when will the doctorsee me please ? " and to refuse to accept anything less. Sorry, but

it sounds as though this guy is suffering from terminal lazy-itis !>>> ,>> Milton Keynes,> UK>------------------------------------

Thank you for your input. It is very clear that I have had many Dr's

not worth their salt, which has left me jaded. I have found a few

people out there truly seeking to help others, but none have had an

MD listed after their name. I am also very particular on who I

choose to follow the advice of, is not one of them. SOOOO glad

you have the nutritional and alternative forces in play. We are all

at different levels and I have been so sad to read about Chloe's

circumstances. You mention Macrobiotics... do you follow Oshawa?

Strict adhearance to #7 is not helping? Has she been tested for

sensativities, not just allergies? What have you tried as far as

promoting normal cell function and blocking abnormal cells? I have

been very impressed with Exsula products as well as H2O2 therapy. If

you've ever read anything by Jordin Rubin, you will know that he had

the same family association with health food and practices, like what

you have been fortunate to grow up with, but that he also continued

to decline. Reading his books were a fabulous stepping stone for me

several years ago.

> > >

> > > Cholesteatoma> My phone calls last week were finally returned on

> > monday

> > > > afternoon (3pm). It was the nurse asking which pharmacy I

wanted

> > my

> > > > meds called into. It seems my ENT was not even interested in

> > looking

> > > > at the issue, he just wanted to toss meds at me. I told the

nurse

> > > > that the drainage and pains quit on friday and i've been fine

all

> > > > weekend. She said great, then I won't call in your RX's.

That's

> > > > it. TG I have people in this group to talk to!!!

> > >

> > >

> > > If I were you I would be looking for another ENT. Seriously.

> > First he can't be arsed to answer the phone at all, then when he

> > finally does get back to you he prescribes meds without seeing

you.

> > It's a bit late now, but the correct approach to that phone call

was

> > to say " Thank you for finally coming back to me, when will the

doctor

> > see me please ? " and to refuse to accept anything less. Sorry,

but

> > it sounds as though this guy is suffering from terminal lazy-

itis !

> > >

> > >

> > > ,

> > >

> > > Milton Keynes,

> > > UK

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

You do know that Cholesteatoma is not made up abnormal cells: they are normal cells in the wrong place. I will repeat that while I am thankful for good health practises, they do not eliminate the need for regular medical visits in relation to cholesteatoma.

Best,

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:54 PM, ksboheem <ksboheem@...> wrote:

Thank you for your input. It is very clear that I have had many Dr'snot worth their salt, which has left me jaded. I have found a few

people out there truly seeking to help others, but none have had anMD listed after their name. I am also very particular on who Ichoose to follow the advice of, is not one of them. SOOOO gladyou have the nutritional and alternative forces in play. We are all

at different levels and I have been so sad to read about Chloe'scircumstances. You mention Macrobiotics... do you follow Oshawa?Strict adhearance to #7 is not helping? Has she been tested forsensativities, not just allergies? What have you tried as far as

promoting normal cell function and blocking abnormal cells? I havebeen very impressed with Exsula products as well as H2O2 therapy. Ifyou've ever read anything by Jordin Rubin, you will know that he hadthe same family association with health food and practices, like what

you have been fortunate to grow up with, but that he also continuedto decline. Reading his books were a fabulous stepping stone for meseveral years ago.> > >> > > Cholesteatoma> My phone calls last week were finally returned on> > monday> > > > afternoon (3pm). It was the nurse asking which pharmacy I

wanted> > my> > > > meds called into. It seems my ENT was not even interested in> > looking> > > > at the issue, he just wanted to toss meds at me. I told thenurse

> > > > that the drainage and pains quit on friday and i've been fineall> > > > weekend. She said great, then I won't call in your RX's.That's> > > > it. TG I have people in this group to talk to!!!

> > >> > >> > > If I were you I would be looking for another ENT. Seriously.> > First he can't be arsed to answer the phone at all, then when he> > finally does get back to you he prescribes meds without seeing

you.> > It's a bit late now, but the correct approach to that phone callwas> > to say " Thank you for finally coming back to me, when will thedoctor> > see me please ? " and to refuse to accept anything less. Sorry,

but> > it sounds as though this guy is suffering from terminal lazy-itis !> > >> > >> > > ,> > >> > > Milton Keynes,> > > UK

> > >> >> >> >> > ------------------------------------> >> >