RemedySpot.com

New Kid on The Block

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome to the family, ! Get ready for the time of your life! This has, next to having my children, been the most exciting thing I have ever done in my life! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat if I had to make that choice! You will have days that you may wonder what in the heck you have done but those days become less and less as time progresses. It isn't a cure and life with a band isn't perfect nor is it frustration free all the time but it is a wonderful life and an unbelieveable tool to help us achieve and MAINTAIN our goal weight! Keep asking questions! Jenni DOB 2/23/06 247/145/140 5 fills 3 unfillsshannon smith <ladydewitt37@...> wrote: Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i ampositive that i want to get it, i have already talked to monica thepatient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubtsabout getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has changedmy mind. Dr Aceves sounds like a great doctor! I will probably makemy arrangements sometime in late December or early January. I'm soexcited that i have decided to change my life. And reading all yourcomments is very informative. If anybody would like to give me someadvice that would be great. thanks a bunch. excited to hear from anyone,shannon __________________________________________________

Hi , Congratulations on your decision... My name is Rena...I'm a 14 month old bandster...And let me tell you, it is the best tool invented for wls...I wasn't as big as some but I still had 70 pounds to lose and that was a lot for me and just as hard to lose no matter how much a person needs to lose...I started my wls journey at 204 pounds and within 7 months I was pretty much through losing...I am now 136 pounds...I went from a very tight size 18 pants to a size 4-6...(I'm loving it)...I've never been this small before. It's so much fun to go shopping and shop it the small section...To actually pick up a size small and fit in it...I'm from a nice big family, 5 sisters & 2 brothers and only 3 of them were small and I wasn't one of them...Now I am... So, don't worry about having the surgery done in MX...We all went

and survived and now sing Dr. Aceves's praises along with the great hospital and staff...They truly are the best at what they do... I have only one regret and that is that I didn't do it at an earlier age...I'm now 42, better late than never...I plan to enjoy my later years and that will be as a small person wearing a size 4... So my advise would be "get'er done" as soon as you can so you can begin your own journey... Take care & good luck... Rena DOB: 9/26/06 204/135/136 shannon smith <ladydewitt37@...> wrote: Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i ampositive that i want to get it, i have already talked to monica thepatient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubtsabout getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has changedmy mind. Dr Aceves sounds like a great doctor! I will probably makemy arrangements sometime in late December or early January. I'm soexcited that i have decided to change my life. And reading all yourcomments is very informative. If anybody would like to give me someadvice that would be great. thanks a bunch. excited to hear from anyone,shannon __________________________________________________

HI , welcome. Yes, as you have found out Dr. A and his staff

our fabulous! You could be in better hands as far as the surgery

goes. And once you get the surgery done, the rest is up to you! The

band is only as efficient as you make it. IT is the best tool ever

for me. It has changed my life and made it possible for me to loose

a huge amount of weight. But it has always been an easy road. But

it has taught me a lot about myself.

So, my advice to you is to do your research (sounds like you are) and

do what you think is going to be best for you. and if you have any

specific questions dont be afraid to ask. the people on this board

are fabulous! they are supportive, encouraging and very helpful. :-)

Take care and best of wishes for you on your journey!

hugs,

Dob 10/6/06

(342) 322/220/160

>

> Hello my name is I am still researching the band. i am

> positive that i want to get it, i have already talked to the

> patient coordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubts

> about getting the surgery in Mexico but reading this forum has

changed

> my mind. Dr Aceves sounds like a great doctor! I will probably make

> my arrangements sometime in late December or early January. I'm so

> excited that i have decided to change my life. And reading all your

> comments is very informative. If anybody would like to give me some

> advice that would be great. thanks a bunch.

>

> excited to hear from anyone,

>

>

Hi Rena , I too come from a large family I have 4 sisters and two brother. And like you im not as big as most that are getting this done. I only need to lose 70 pounds. But I will tell you this as you may know. 70 feels like 1,000 when you cant lose it. Im saving right now to get it done next year after tax time. But you give me great hope.Thanksrena brown <rena71857@...> wrote: Hi , Congratulations on your decision... My name is Rena...I'm a 14 month old

bandster...And let me tell you, it is the best tool invented for wls...I wasn't as big as some but I still had 70 pounds to lose and that was a lot for me and just as hard to lose no matter how much a person needs to lose...I started my wls journey at 204 pounds and within 7 months I was pretty much through losing...I am now 136 pounds...I went from a very tight size 18 pants to a size 4-6...(I'm loving it)...I've never been this small before. It's so much fun to go shopping and shop it the small section...To actually pick up a size small and fit in it...I'm from a nice big family, 5 sisters & 2 brothers and only 3 of them were small and I wasn't one of them...Now I am... So, don't worry about having the surgery done in MX...We all went and survived and now sing Dr. Aceves's praises along with the great hospital and staff...They truly are the best at what they do... I have only one regret and that is that I didn't do it at an earlier age...I'm now 42, better late than never...I plan to enjoy my later years and that will be as a small person wearing a size 4... So my advise would be "get'er done" as soon as you can so you can begin your own journey... Take care & good luck... Rena DOB: 9/26/06 204/135/136 shannon smith <ladydewitt37 > wrote: Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i ampositive that i want to get it, i have already talked to monica thepatient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubtsabout getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has

changedmy mind. Dr Aceves sounds like a great doctor! I will probably makemy arrangements sometime in late December or early January. I'm soexcited that i have decided to change my life. And reading all yourcomments is very informative. If anybody would like to give me someadvice that would be great. thanks a bunch. excited to hear from anyone,shannon __________________________________________________

I had a total of 130 pounds to lose. So far I have lost 110 and I was banded 7-13-06. That is only 16 months and now I am 6 months pregnant.

I am so excited at the fact that my body is healthier and I feel great and look great too! I think that anyone considering the band needs to stop considering and start booking the surgery!

From: vickyburns26@...Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 22:33:54 -0700Subject: Re: new kid on the block

Hi Rena , I too come from a large family I have 4 sisters and two brother. And like you im not as big as most that are getting this done. I only need to lose 70 pounds. But I will tell you this as you may know. 70 feels like 1,000 when you cant lose it. Im saving right now to get it done next year after tax time. But you give me great hope.Thanksrena brown <rena71857 > wrote:

Hi ,

Congratulations on your decision...

My name is Rena...I'm a 14 month old bandster...And let me tell you, it is the best tool invented for wls...I wasn't as big as some but I still had 70 pounds to lose and that was a lot for me and just as hard to lose no matter how much a person needs to lose...I started my wls journey at 204 pounds and within 7 months I was pretty much through losing...I am now 136 pounds...I went from a very tight size 18 pants to a size 4-6...(I'm loving it)...I've never been this small before. It's so much fun to go shopping and shop it the small section...To actually pick up a size small and fit in it...I'm from a nice big family, 5 sisters & 2 brothers and only 3 of them were small and I wasn't one of them...Now I am...

So, don't worry about having the surgery done in MX...We all went and survived and now sing Dr. Aceves's praises along with the great hospital and staff...They truly are the best at what they do...

I have only one regret and that is that I didn't do it at an earlier age...I'm now 42, better late than never...I plan to enjoy my later years and that will be as a small person wearing a size 4...

So my advise would be "get'er done" as soon as you can so you can begin your own journey...

Take care & good luck...

Rena

DOB: 9/26/06

204/135/136

shannon smith <ladydewitt37 > wrote:

Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i ampositive that i want to get it, i have already talked to monica thepatient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubtsabout getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has changedmy mind. Dr Aceves sounds like a great doctor! I will probably makemy arrangements sometime in late December or early January. I'm soexcited that i have decided to change my life. And reading all yourcomments is very informative. If anybody would like to give me someadvice that would be great. thanks a bunch. excited to hear from anyone,shannon

How is it working with you being pregnant.Tonia Telles <toniatelles@...> wrote: I had a total of 130 pounds to lose. So far I have lost 110 and I was banded 7-13-06. That is only 16 months and now I am 6 months pregnant. I am so excited at the fact that my body is healthier and I feel great and look great too! I think that anyone considering the band needs to stop considering and start booking the surgery! From:

vickyburns26sbcglobal (DOT) netDate: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 22:33:54 -0700Subject: Re: new kid on the block Hi Rena , I too come from a large family I have 4 sisters and two brother. And like you im not as big as most that are getting this done. I only need to lose 70 pounds. But I will tell you this as you may know. 70 feels like 1,000 when you cant lose it. Im saving right now to get it done next year after tax time. But you give me great hope.Thanksrena brown <rena71857 > wrote: Hi , Congratulations on your decision... My name is Rena...I'm a 14 month old bandster...And let me tell you, it is the best tool invented for wls...I wasn't as

big as some but I still had 70 pounds to lose and that was a lot for me and just as hard to lose no matter how much a person needs to lose...I started my wls journey at 204 pounds and within 7 months I was pretty much through losing...I am now 136 pounds...I went from a very tight size 18 pants to a size 4-6...(I'm loving it)...I've never been this small before. It's so much fun to go shopping and shop it the small section...To actually pick up a size small and fit in it...I'm from a nice big family, 5 sisters & 2 brothers and only 3 of them were small and I wasn't one of them...Now I am... So, don't worry about having the surgery done in MX...We all went and survived and now sing Dr. Aceves's praises along with the great hospital and staff...They truly are the best at what they do... I have only one regret and that is that I didn't do it at an

earlier age...I'm now 42, better late than never...I plan to enjoy my later years and that will be as a small person wearing a size 4... So my advise would be "get'er done" as soon as you can so you can begin your own journey... Take care & good luck... Rena DOB: 9/26/06 204/135/136 shannon smith <ladydewitt37 > wrote: Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i ampositive that i want to get it, i have already talked to monica thepatient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubtsabout getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has changedmy mind. Dr Aceves sounds like a great doctor! I will probably makemy

arrangements sometime in late December or early January. I'm soexcited that i have decided to change my life. And reading all yourcomments is very informative. If anybody would like to give me someadvice that would be great. thanks a bunch. excited to hear from anyone,shannon __________________________________________________

Toni,Congratulations on the weight loss and the pregnancy. I hope to be joining the ranks for Peggo Bandsters next year :) :) Cyrena 240/154/150DOB: 1/19/07www.cyrenaweeks.blogspot.com

>

> Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i am

> positive that i want to get it, i have already talked to monica the

> patient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubts

> about getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has changed

>

> shannon

>

HI SHANNON MY NAME IS PAMELA. IM 21 YEARS OLD AND I HAD THE LAPBAND

DONE BY DR ACEVES LAST APRIL. I HAVE LOST 60 POUNDS SO FAR AND IM DOING

AWSOME. MY PARENTS AND I WERE ALSO SCARED TO BUT ONCE I GOT THERE AND

MEANT DR ACEVES AND HIS TEAM I NEW I WAS IN GREAT HANDS. THEY ARE GREAT

PEOPLE WHO REALLY CARE ABOUT US. THEY TREAT YOU SO GOOD AND ANSWER ALL

YOUR QUESTIONS. TAKE CARE

I want to thank everyone for welcoming me in to the forum, i think

this is a great place with great people and i look forward to talking

with more of you the closer i get to my goal, i have been pre approved

by Dr A and hopefully i'll be able to schedule surgery in the next

month or so. again thank you

shannon

-- In , " shannon smith "

<ladydewitt37@...> wrote:

>

> Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i am

> positive that i want to get it, i have already talked to monica the

> patient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubts

> about getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has changed

>

> shannon

>

Hi everyone it's shannon again, I wanted to ask all of the bandsters

what kind of protein drinks are you using? I am supposed to

investigate these before surgery and i checked out my local grocery

store and they have nothing. ( small store) so please any brand names

you can give me or a web site i would be internally greatful. I want

to test them before i get the band so i know which ones i like.

thank you so much,

shannon

> >

> > Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i am

> > positive that i want to get it, i have already talked to monica the

> > patient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubts

> > about getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has changed

> > my mind. Dr Aceves sounds like a great doctor! I will probably make

> > my arrangements sometime in late December or early January. I'm so

> > excited that i have decided to change my life. And reading all your

> > comments is very informative. If anybody would like to give me some

> > advice that would be great. thanks a bunch.

> >

> > excited to hear from anyone,

> > shannon

> >

>

Hi ...As for quality of protein, monthly testing of protein raw materials, and quality assurance the best products I found are Isopuke, Unjury, and Matrix 5.0. There are many products on the market but the problem is that you need to find a company that goes the extra mile. Not all raw materials are the same month to month. One month the raw materials (whey) will be very good quality and the next month they are not. The above three products do all the extra testing that they would *IF* these types of products were FDA approved. They are considered supplements so they don't have to do the testing and such that they would if it was a drug, for example. Those three companies do the extra work and spend the money to ensure that the quality is good.

I think Isopure (IsopuKe) is vile. I swear they add pond scum for a little extra texture but a few do like it. I have not tried unjury although I have some. I keep meaning to try it. It's great for right after surgery because they have a chicken broth flavored protein product. I prefer Matrix 5.0 Chocolate.The one I like the most is Whey Gourmet Choco/PB. But I haven't done the research on PVL (manufacturer) to see if they test their raw materials yet. Most companies don't do the testing month to month.

On Nov 4, 2007 1:35 PM, shannon smith <ladydewitt37@...> wrote:

Hi everyone it's shannon again, I wanted to ask all of the bandsters

what kind of protein drinks are you using? I am supposed to

investigate these before surgery and i checked out my local grocery

store and they have nothing. ( small store) so please any brand names

you can give me or a web site i would be internally greatful. I want

to test them before i get the band so i know which ones i like.

thank you so much,

shannon

> >

> > Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i am

> > positive that i want to get it, i have already talked to monica the

> > patient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubts

> > about getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has changed

> > my mind. Dr Aceves sounds like a great doctor! I will probably make

> > my arrangements sometime in late December or early January. I'm so

> > excited that i have decided to change my life. And reading all your

> > comments is very informative. If anybody would like to give me some

> > advice that would be great. thanks a bunch.

> >

> > excited to hear from anyone,

> > shannon

> >

>

Hey , You won't have much luck at a grocery store. You'll have to go to a health store, GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, someplace like that. Some drug stores. Walmart carries a few variety's over by the pharmacy aisles. I use the EAS Advantage RTD (ready to drink) Lite or Carb Control variety when I have to have convenience. If you don't mind mixing powders, Unjury is a very good brand and you can order it online at Unjury.com. Matrix 5.0 is another one I liked .. (Cookies and Cream). Also pick up some Isopure drinks. They come in glass bottles and have a very strong taste but it's something you can have with flavor right after surgery during the clear liquids stage and they have 25 gms of protein. I mixed mine 50/50 with water and also used them to replace the cold water when I made sugar free jello. Unjury products come in Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate, Unflavored and Chicken Broth.

I liked all of them but the Strawberry but I'm sure that was just my own preference. Good luck, shannon smith <ladydewitt37@...> wrote: Hi everyone it's shannon again, I wanted to ask all of the bandsterswhat kind of protein drinks are you using? I am supposed toinvestigate these before surgery and i checked out my local grocerystore and they have nothing. ( small store) so please any brand namesyou can give me or a web site i would be internally greatful.

I wantto test them before i get the band so i know which ones i like. thank you so much,shannon> >> > Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i am> > positive that i

want to get it, i have already talked to monica the> > patient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubts> > about getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has changed> > my mind. Dr Aceves sounds like a great doctor! I will probably make> > my arrangements sometime in late December or early January. I'm so> > excited that i have decided to change my life. And reading all your> > comments is very informative. If anybody would like to give me some> > advice that would be great. thanks a bunch. > > > > excited to hear from anyone,> > shannon> >> __________________________________________________

thank you Bipley that was exactly what i was looking for, i will get

right on that research. I just love all of this getting ready for my

new life was anybody else so damn excited to get surgery? I'll

probably dance my in to the operating room..LOL

again thank you,

shannon

> > > >

> > > > Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i am

> > > > positive that i want to get it, i have already talked to

monica the

> > > > patient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubts

> > > > about getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has

changed

> > > > my mind. Dr Aceves sounds like a great doctor! I will probably

make

> > > > my arrangements sometime in late December or early January. I'm so

> > > > excited that i have decided to change my life. And reading all

your

> > > > comments is very informative. If anybody would like to give me

some

> > > > advice that would be great. thanks a bunch.

> > > >

> > > > excited to hear from anyone,

> > > > shannon

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

thank you tracy, i will definitly start my research and let everyone

know how bad I think they all taste LOL, someone alreaady told me that

they were horrible. again thank you

shannon

> > >

> > > Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i am

> > > positive that i want to get it, i have already talked to monica the

> > > patient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubts

> > > about getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has

changed

> > > my mind. Dr Aceves sounds like a great doctor! I will probably make

> > > my arrangements sometime in late December or early January. I'm so

> > > excited that i have decided to change my life. And reading all your

> > > comments is very informative. If anybody would like to give me some

> > > advice that would be great. thanks a bunch.

> > >

> > > excited to hear from anyone,

> > > shannon

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

...Oh yeah! I remember being thrilled that I was getting it done. I was so excited I didn't have time to be frightened. The fear part didn't hit me until I was in the hotel room the night before surgery and then if I would have had the slightest clue how to get to the border I would have escaped. ;o)

Sticking it out was the best decision I ever made. You'll love thin life!On Nov 5, 2007 6:48 AM, shannon smith <ladydewitt37@...

> wrote:

thank you Bipley that was exactly what i was looking for, i will get

right on that research. I just love all of this getting ready for my

new life was anybody else so damn excited to get surgery? I'll

probably dance my in to the operating room..LOL

again thank you,

shannon

> > > >

> > > > Hello my name is shannon I am still researching the band. i am

> > > > positive that i want to get it, i have already talked to

monica the

> > > > patient cordinator and she was very nice. I did have some doubts

> > > > about getting the surgery in mexico but reading this forum has

changed

> > > > my mind. Dr Aceves sounds like a great doctor! I will probably

make

> > > > my arrangements sometime in late December or early January. I'm so

> > > > excited that i have decided to change my life. And reading all

your

> > > > comments is very informative. If anybody would like to give me

some

> > > > advice that would be great. thanks a bunch.

> > > >

> > > > excited to hear from anyone,

> > > > shannon

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Hi , I'm fairly new on the block also, and living in a very

rural area (pop maybe 150) 50 miles to our closest shopping area

(Fresno, CA) I do most of my shopping on line. I made the mistake of

going to " town " a week after surgery and forgetting to take anything

with me to consume. We stopped at a health food store and paid

outrageous prices for packets of several brands and flavors

of " protein " drinks. They did not have matrix and we could not find

a GNC unless we hit the Mall and that was out of the question.

Anyway, my fabulous husband had at least packed an ice chest and

brought along some propel water for me. We mixed me up a drink right

out of the back of our suv and I was good to go for at least 4 hours.

Like I said, we don't visit town often so we always treat ourselves

to a meal out. Well, much to my chagrin, the only thing on the menu

that I could have being in my first 10 days post surgery was apple

juice. So I asked the waitress if I popped in next door to our Longs

Drug store and bought a can of chicken broth if they could warm it up

for me. Not a problem....I returned and had a nice steaming bowl of

chicken broth in front of me in no time. The waitress did not charge

me a dime, she was left a very nice tip though. Always be prepared!!!

I did have the forethough of listening to Nina's post op food

suggestions and had ordered a nice supply of various Unjury products

that was delivered to me the day after I returned from Mexicali. I

only have one word " DELICIOUS " . And so versitile, you can mix it

with water the first 5 days throw in some ice in a blender and what a

tasty smoothy. They have unflavoured so you can add that to just

about anything. Just this morning I put a half scoop (10 gm of

protein) on top of my oatmeal...what a treat. Only thing you have to

watch is to never add it to anything over 130 degrees as it tends to

clump up at that temperature. I am not affialiated with Unjury in

any way, I just found what works for me when I just can't seem to

squeeze in that extra 20 or 30 gm of protein required on top of my

regular meals. As far as cost goes, it is the best value for your

money, you get 17 servings for $17 or $18, if you purchase 2 you get

it for $17 each. I also bought a few " sample " take a long packets so

I could " test the waters " so to speak. I am now on a monthly

shipment system where I save 15% on top of the already reasonable

price, shipping is minimal.

I go in for my first fill tomorrow, but have already lost 16.8 lbs

since Sept 14th!!! At this time I have absolutely no restriction but

have learned all the right habits and made it through the " 30 day

band-hell " .

Good luck on your new journey, you will find it was the best money

you ever spent and the biggest life change (outside of having

children) you will ever make!!! Kudos!!!

Jeanie (246/229.2/135)

Jeanie...There is a trick to heating whey protein. It isn't just unjury, it is ALL whey proteins. You dissolve then heat, stir and heat some more, stir again, heat again. You have to get it to dissolve before it gets hot and then you can bring it up to the temp you want. Otherwise you are correct, it's clumpy and gross.

-105lbsGoal in 10 monthsBanded 12/06On Nov 7, 2007 11:30 AM, jeanuhlik <jeanuhlik@...> wrote:

Hi , I'm fairly new on the block also, and living in a very

rural area (pop maybe 150) 50 miles to our closest shopping area

(Fresno, CA) I do most of my shopping on line. I made the mistake of

going to " town " a week after surgery and forgetting to take anything

with me to consume. We stopped at a health food store and paid

outrageous prices for packets of several brands and flavors

of " protein " drinks. They did not have matrix and we could not find

a GNC unless we hit the Mall and that was out of the question.

Anyway, my fabulous husband had at least packed an ice chest and

brought along some propel water for me. We mixed me up a drink right

out of the back of our suv and I was good to go for at least 4 hours.

Like I said, we don't visit town often so we always treat ourselves

to a meal out. Well, much to my chagrin, the only thing on the menu

that I could have being in my first 10 days post surgery was apple

juice. So I asked the waitress if I popped in next door to our Longs

Drug store and bought a can of chicken broth if they could warm it up

for me. Not a problem....I returned and had a nice steaming bowl of

chicken broth in front of me in no time. The waitress did not charge

me a dime, she was left a very nice tip though. Always be prepared!!!

I did have the forethough of listening to Nina's post op food

suggestions and had ordered a nice supply of various Unjury products

that was delivered to me the day after I returned from Mexicali. I

only have one word " DELICIOUS " . And so versitile, you can mix it

with water the first 5 days throw in some ice in a blender and what a

tasty smoothy. They have unflavoured so you can add that to just

about anything. Just this morning I put a half scoop (10 gm of

protein) on top of my oatmeal...what a treat. Only thing you have to

watch is to never add it to anything over 130 degrees as it tends to

clump up at that temperature. I am not affialiated with Unjury in

any way, I just found what works for me when I just can't seem to

squeeze in that extra 20 or 30 gm of protein required on top of my

regular meals. As far as cost goes, it is the best value for your

money, you get 17 servings for $17 or $18, if you purchase 2 you get

it for $17 each. I also bought a few " sample " take a long packets so

I could " test the waters " so to speak. I am now on a monthly

shipment system where I save 15% on top of the already reasonable

price, shipping is minimal.

I go in for my first fill tomorrow, but have already lost 16.8 lbs

since Sept 14th!!! At this time I have absolutely no restriction but

have learned all the right habits and made it through the " 30 day

band-hell " .

Good luck on your new journey, you will find it was the best money

you ever spent and the biggest life change (outside of having

children) you will ever make!!! Kudos!!!

Jeanie (246/229.2/135)

thank you jeanie your wisdom will come in handy i'm sure. I'm so

excited to get the band and start my journey, i'm so ready for a life

change!!! thanks again

shannon

>

> Hi , I'm fairly new on the block also, and living in a very

> rural area (pop maybe 150) 50 miles to our closest shopping area

> (Fresno, CA) I do most of my shopping on line. I made the mistake of

> going to " town " a week after surgery and forgetting to take anything

> with me to consume. We stopped at a health food store and paid

> outrageous prices for packets of several brands and flavors

> of " protein " drinks. They did not have matrix and we could not find

> a GNC unless we hit the Mall and that was out of the question.

> Anyway, my fabulous husband had at least packed an ice chest and

> brought along some propel water for me. We mixed me up a drink right

> out of the back of our suv and I was good to go for at least 4 hours.

>

> Like I said, we don't visit town often so we always treat ourselves

> to a meal out. Well, much to my chagrin, the only thing on the menu

> that I could have being in my first 10 days post surgery was apple

> juice. So I asked the waitress if I popped in next door to our Longs

> Drug store and bought a can of chicken broth if they could warm it up

> for me. Not a problem....I returned and had a nice steaming bowl of

> chicken broth in front of me in no time. The waitress did not charge

> me a dime, she was left a very nice tip though. Always be prepared!!!

>

> I did have the forethough of listening to Nina's post op food

> suggestions and had ordered a nice supply of various Unjury products

> that was delivered to me the day after I returned from Mexicali. I

> only have one word " DELICIOUS " . And so versitile, you can mix it

> with water the first 5 days throw in some ice in a blender and what a

> tasty smoothy. They have unflavoured so you can add that to just

> about anything. Just this morning I put a half scoop (10 gm of

> protein) on top of my oatmeal...what a treat. Only thing you have to

> watch is to never add it to anything over 130 degrees as it tends to

> clump up at that temperature. I am not affialiated with Unjury in

> any way, I just found what works for me when I just can't seem to

> squeeze in that extra 20 or 30 gm of protein required on top of my

> regular meals. As far as cost goes, it is the best value for your

> money, you get 17 servings for $17 or $18, if you purchase 2 you get

> it for $17 each. I also bought a few " sample " take a long packets so

> I could " test the waters " so to speak. I am now on a monthly

> shipment system where I save 15% on top of the already reasonable

> price, shipping is minimal.

>

> I go in for my first fill tomorrow, but have already lost 16.8 lbs

> since Sept 14th!!! At this time I have absolutely no restriction but

> have learned all the right habits and made it through the " 30 day

> band-hell " .

> Good luck on your new journey, you will find it was the best money

> you ever spent and the biggest life change (outside of having

> children) you will ever make!!! Kudos!!!

>

> Jeanie (246/229.2/135)

>

Hello, I do not live in MO but only live 45 min away. What part do you live in. I am close to Joplin. You will not be sorry to have it done. Are you having Dr A do it.? he and his team is awesome! soniashannon smith <ladydewitt37@...> wrote: Hi everyone it's shannon again, I was wondering if there were anybandsters that live in Missouri? I have not gotten mine yet but i ahave been pre-approved so i will schedule soon.take care all

shannon __________________________________________________

Hi , I live on Gainesville,MO i think it's about 4-5 hours

awayfrom joplin. do you have a fill doctor up where you are or do you

go to mexicali? Yes i am going to have it done by Dr A. I'm just

waiting for my financial situation to accomidate (sp) me. but

hopefully i can get it done in dec. or jan. when did you have it

done? I would love to pick your brain sometime. I have learned alot

from this forum already. shannon

> Hi everyone it's shannon again, I was wondering if there

were any

> bandsters that live in Missouri? I have not gotten mine yet but i a

> have been pre-approved so i will schedule soon.

> take care all

> shannon

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

• 2 months later...

Hi ~

My name is Sheri and I was banded November 2. I assume you will be

traveling in the van? When I went it was easy. When you leave the

hospital the van pulls out, turns left (or right?) and you are pretty

much in line to leave Mexico. The border it RIGHT THERE! Its a

trip. We waited in line for a couple of hours, but it was pretty

cool. We all kept ourselves entertained by laughing and talking and

trying to get cell service. It was fun.

When we actually got to the border, the border patrol talked to

Ernesto for a minute and they let us right through. I think they

know him pretty well because he makes daily trips to and from San

Diego.

I am not sure if it is still that easy, but for me it was a snap!

Congratulations on your decision. Being banded is the best decision

I have ever made!

Sheri

276/249/174

>

> Hi everyone ... I responded to a thread just a few minutes ago, but

> thought I should go ahead and introduce myself. :)

>

> My name is , and my lapband is scheduled for 2/19 ... I am

> soooooo excited!

>

> I live in Arlington, TX, with my boyfriend and 2 huge cats. My

> starting weight is 210, and I'm 5'3 " .

>

> I have a questions about going to Mexico:

>

> My boyfriend is anxious about the prospect of getting stuck in

Mexico

> and not being able to get back in. ;) We have our birth

certificates

> and drivers licenses ready to go, but he's curious about the

> procedure of getting back into the states. Is it a long process, or

> it is easy?

>

> I guess that's all. :)

>

> Nice to meet you all, I look forward to getting to know you guys

> better.

>

>

>

>

Getting back into the states is easy. I will assume that you will be riding the van? Just have your drivers licenses in the van with you...not packed in your luggage. They may ask you where you are from or where you were born (for some reason) but that is about it. Piece of cake! As far as the time it takes to get back to the U.S., it simply depends upon the day and time in which you are returning. I have been down there when we have had to wait for 1.5 hours in the traffic. I have been when it took about 30 minutes. I have walked across to get back. It just solely depends upon the traffic. If there are others in the van, just enjoy the time visiting. If there is no one riding back with you, take a good book. You are in for an experience of a lifetime! Your experience will begin the moment you step into the hospital in Mexicali (actually, with Ernesto on the

van!). I imagine that you will have a great experience at the hospital, in Mexicali, with the surgery, with Dr. Aceves' team, just as everyone else has had. But know that your experience doesn't end when you get home. My journey to goal and below took me about 13 months and it was the most exciting, the most fulfilling, albiet the most frustrating journey I have ever been on. I cried many, many tears during that time from tears of frustration at numbers that wouldn't seem to move on the scale or just out of grieving over my inability to eat certain foods that I wanted to eat to tears of shear jubilation when I would drop another size in clothes....lose 10 more inches. I remember even crying when I stepped out of the shower and realized that a bath towel would wrap around my body...a BATH towel....NOT a beach towel!!! I am still having to readjust my life. I am having to learn to live as a person who is much smaller. I am

learning to live a much more active, much more exciting life but I am having to learn even how to balance that. Due to the pure enjoyment I get out of being so active, I tend to overdo it at times. It is all a matter of finding a balance....what is good for my body or what has the potential to cause injury. Balance. Balance in calories-in/calories-out. Balance in healthy exercise vs. overuse. My journey is not over by any means even though I have reached my goal. My journey continues each and every day but the pathway is just much, much smoother on this side of that goal. I'm rambling (typical of me!) so I'll stop. I am excited for you and wish you the best of luck. It won't be perfect. It won't always be fun but it is an experience that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. Having a lapband put inside of me has been the difference in my life that I thought was only possible in a

dreamworld! All those dreams I had before are coming true so I'm thinking up some new ones!!! Keep in touch. Jenni DOB 2/23/06 247/145/138 (starting weight/goal weight/current weight) 5 fills 3 unfills justice9311 <justice9311@...> wrote: Hi everyone ... I responded to a thread just a few minutes ago, but thought I should go ahead and introduce myself. :)My name is

, and my lapband is scheduled for 2/19 ... I am soooooo excited!I live in Arlington, TX, with my boyfriend and 2 huge cats. My starting weight is 210, and I'm 5'3".I have a questions about going to Mexico:My boyfriend is anxious about the prospect of getting stuck in Mexico and not being able to get back in. ;) We have our birth certificates and drivers licenses ready to go, but he's curious about the procedure of getting back into the states. Is it a long process, or it is easy?I guess that's all. :)Nice to meet you all, I look forward to getting to know you guys better.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Welcome to the board and congratulations on setting a surgery date. Are you planning on going back to Mexico for your fills? If not there is a Dr. that works in Tyler, TX and , TX that is very good. She charges $200.00 (cash) and uses Flouro. She also had Lapband Surgery in Mexico (not with Dr. A though) Just wanted to let you know there is a good fill doctor pretty close to you. Good Luck.

Bobo

DOB 6/22/07

253 245/199/145

New kid on the block

Hi everyone ... I responded to a thread just a few minutes ago, but thought I should go ahead and introduce myself. :)My name is , and my lapband is scheduled for 2/19 ... I am soooooo excited!I live in Arlington, TX, with my boyfriend and 2 huge cats. My starting weight is 210, and I'm 5'3".I have a questions about going to Mexico:My boyfriend is anxious about the prospect of getting stuck in Mexico and not being able to get back in. ;) We have our birth certificates and drivers licenses ready to go, but he's curious about the procedure of getting back into the states. Is it a long process, or it is easy?I guess that's all. :)Nice to meet you all, I look forward to getting to know you guys better.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Thanks you guys ... what a wealth of information to absorb! :)

I have a countdown calendar, it's filling up sooooo much slower than

I thought it would. LOL ... February 19th seems forever away.

Are there any others scheduled for February?

> >

> > Hi everyone ... I responded to a thread just a few minutes ago,

but

> > thought I should go ahead and introduce myself. :)

> >

> > My name is , and my lapband is scheduled for 2/19 ... I

am

> > soooooo excited!

> >

> > I live in Arlington, TX, with my boyfriend and 2 huge cats. My

> > starting weight is 210, and I'm 5'3 " .

> >

> > I have a questions about going to Mexico:

> >

> > My boyfriend is anxious about the prospect of getting stuck in

> Mexico

> > and not being able to get back in. ;) We have our birth

> certificates

> > and drivers licenses ready to go, but he's curious about the

> > procedure of getting back into the states. Is it a long process,

or

> > it is easy?

> >

> > I guess that's all. :)

> >

> > Nice to meet you all, I look forward to getting to know you guys

> > better.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

I doubt I'll be going back to Mexico for the fills ... Tyler is quite

a drive, but not nearly as far as Mexicali. LOL

Thanks, I wrote Dr. 's name down for future reference. :)

>

> Welcome to the board and congratulations on setting a surgery

date. Are you planning on going back to Mexico for your fills? If

not there is a Dr. that works in Tyler, TX and , TX

that is very good. She charges $200.00 (cash) and uses Flouro. She

also had Lapband Surgery in Mexico (not with Dr. A though) Just

wanted to let you know there is a good fill doctor pretty close to

you. Good Luck.

>

> Bobo

> DOB 6/22/07

> 253 245/199/145

>

>

> New kid on the block

>

> Hi everyone ... I responded to a thread just a few minutes ago, but

> thought I should go ahead and introduce myself. :)

>

> My name is , and my lapband is scheduled for 2/19 ... I am

> soooooo excited!

>

> I live in Arlington, TX, with my boyfriend and 2 huge cats. My

> starting weight is 210, and I'm 5'3 " .

>

> I have a questions about going to Mexico:

>

> My boyfriend is anxious about the prospect of getting stuck in

Mexico

> and not being able to get back in. ;) We have our birth

certificates

> and drivers licenses ready to go, but he's curious about the

> procedure of getting back into the states. Is it a long process, or

> it is easy?

>

> I guess that's all. :)

>

> Nice to meet you all, I look forward to getting to know you guys

> better.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

> http://www./r/hs

>