RemedySpot.com

Re: Ear protruding after surgery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Relax, very few will notice. No ever ask me and it's not as noticable as you think....

Tom Hansen

From: donovansievers <donovan911@...>Subject: Ear protruding after surgerycholesteatoma Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 12:57 PM

Anyone who has had the surgery with the incision behind the ear knowfor how long the ear seems to protrude out form the ear. I'm able totell that its a little off but does this usually get back to normalwith time? Im worried I will have to deal with this ear protruding forthe greater part of my life since I'm going to have to have 2 moresurgeries this year, hoping I don't have a re-occurrence. Thanks forall of your help I'm so glad I found this group. Donovan Sievers

Hi Donovan,

My daughter had her surgery on October 27th and her ear is already pretty much

back to normal. Unless you knew she had the surgery you can't even tell. After

about a week I guess, it started to go back to " normal " , meaning it didn't

protrude quite as far. Now, you really can't see any difference. Hope that

helps.

Pamela Waling " smile, it confuses people... "

> From: donovansievers <donovan911@...>

> Subject: Ear protruding after surgery

> cholesteatoma

> Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 12:57 PM

> Anyone who has had the surgery with the incision behind the

> ear know

> for how long the ear seems to protrude out form the ear.

> I'm able to

> tell that its a little off but does this usually get back

> to normal

> with time? Im worried I will have to deal with this ear

> protruding for

> the greater part of my life since I'm going to have to

> have 2 more

> surgeries this year, hoping I don't have a

> re-occurrence. Thanks for

> all of your help I'm so glad I found this group.

>

> Donovan Sievers

I would agree that it's about 2-3 months. Chloe has had 6 of these postauricular incisions, and four and a half months since the 6th, her ear looks lovely!

On 11/25/08, Pam Bankston <pamcrt2002@...> wrote:

Hi Donovan,My daughter had her surgery on October 27th and her ear is already pretty much back to normal. Unless you knew she had the surgery you can't even tell. After about a week I guess, it started to go back to " normal " , meaning it didn't protrude quite as far. Now, you really can't see any difference. Hope that helps.

Pamela Waling " smile, it confuses people... " > From: donovansievers <donovan911@...>

> Subject: Ear protruding after surgery> cholesteatoma > Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 12:57 PM> Anyone who has had the surgery with the incision behind the

> ear know> for how long the ear seems to protrude out form the ear.> I'm able to> tell that its a little off but does this usually get back> to normal> with time? Im worried I will have to deal with this ear

> protruding for> the greater part of my life since I'm going to have to> have 2 more> surgeries this year, hoping I don't have a> re-occurrence. Thanks for> all of your help I'm so glad I found this group.

>> Donovan Sievers------------------------------------

Re: Ear protruding after Surgery

Donovan wrote :-

>Anyone who has had the surgery with the incision behind the ear know>for how long the ear seems to protrude out form the ear. I'm able to>tell that its a little off but does this usually get back to normal>with time? Im worried I will have to deal with this ear protruding for>the greater part of my life since I'm going to have to have 2 more>surgeries this year, hoping I don't have a re-occurrence. Thanks for>all of your help I'm so glad I found this group.

In my case ( two surgeries ) it protruded quite noticeably for about a week each time, then returned to normal. As Tom said, relax ! It will soon sort itself out !

Milton Keynes, UK

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

I am having the same problem. Its been a week post surgery and my ear protrudes

out twice as far as the other one. Mr. Potato Head Ear I call it. A friend

said it looks like Frodo's ear.

I am worried about it but not as worried as I was about damage to my facial

nerve during the surgery!

Did you situation resolve itself?

Dave

>

> Cholesteatoma

> Re: Ear protruding after Surgery

>

>

> Donovan wrote :-

>

> >Anyone who has had the surgery with the incision behind the ear know

> >for how long the ear seems to protrude out form the ear. I'm able to

> >tell that its a little off but does this usually get back to normal

> >with time? Im worried I will have to deal with this ear protruding for

> >the greater part of my life since I'm going to have to have 2 more

> >surgeries this year, hoping I don't have a re-occurrence. Thanks for

> >all of your help I'm so glad I found this group.

>

>

> In my case ( two surgeries ) it protruded quite noticeably for about a week

each time, then returned to normal. As Tom said, relax ! It will soon sort

itself out !

>

>

>

>

> Milton Keynes, UK

>

Guest guest

it is just swoll up from the surgery. It will lay back down in a couple weeks.

Re: Ear protruding after Surgery> > > Donovan wrote :-> > >Anyone who has had the surgery with the incision behind the ear know> >for how long the ear seems to protrude out form the ear. I'm able to> >tell that its a little off but does this usually get back to normal> >with time? Im worried I will have to deal with this ear protruding for> >the greater part of my life since I'm going to have to have 2 more> >surgeries this year, hoping I don't have a re-occurrence. Thanks for> >all of your help I'm so glad I found this group. > > > In my case ( two surgeries ) it protruded quite noticeably for about a week each time, then returned to normal. As Tom said, relax ! It will soon sort itself out !> > > > > Milton Keynes, UK>

Guest guest

If the space behind the pinna is full and convex, rather then sharp angled, then the protrusion is due to inflammation.

As the swelling subsides, the pinna comes back to normal place.Good luck

Arun, India 

On 3/4/09, Hadden <dhadden@...> wrote:

I am having the same problem. Its been a week post surgery and my ear protrudes out twice as far as the other one. Mr. Potato Head Ear I call it. A friend said it looks like Frodo's ear.I am worried about it but not as worried as I was about damage to my facial nerve during the surgery!

Did you situation resolve itself? Dave

>> Cholesteatoma> Re: Ear protruding after Surgery> > > Donovan wrote :-> > >Anyone who has had the surgery with the incision behind the ear know

> >for how long the ear seems to protrude out form the ear. I'm able to> >tell that its a little off but does this usually get back to normal> >with time? Im worried I will have to deal with this ear protruding for

> >the greater part of my life since I'm going to have to have 2 more> >surgeries this year, hoping I don't have a re-occurrence. Thanks for> >all of your help I'm so glad I found this group.

> > > In my case ( two surgeries ) it protruded quite noticeably for about a week each time, then returned to normal. As Tom said, relax ! It will soon sort itself out !> > >

> > Milton Keynes, UK>

Guest guest

my ear protruded as well - it will lay flatter just give it time.

From: Hadden <dhadden@...>cholesteatoma Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:08:16 AMSubject: Re: Ear protruding after Surgery

I am having the same problem. Its been a week post surgery and my ear protrudes out twice as far as the other one. Mr. Potato Head Ear I call it. A friend said it looks like Frodo's ear.I am worried about it but not as worried as I was about damage to my facial nerve during the surgery!Did you situation resolve itself? Dave>> Cholesteatoma> Re: Ear protruding after Surgery>

> > Donovan wrote :-> > >Anyone who has had the surgery with the incision behind the ear know> >for how long the ear seems to protrude out form the ear. I'm able to> >tell that its a little off but does this usually get back to normal> >with time? Im worried I will have to deal with this ear protruding for> >the greater part of my life since I'm going to have to have 2 more> >surgeries this year, hoping I don't have a re-occurrence. Thanks for> >all of your help I'm so glad I found this group. > > > In my case ( two surgeries ) it protruded quite noticeably for about a week each time, then returned to normal. As Tom said, relax ! It will soon sort itself out !> > > > > Milton Keynes, UK>