RemedySpot.com

Question about titanium prosthesis; Dr. Arun Gupta what is your reccommendation?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Aloha,Tomorrow I go in for my 2nd look and also hopefully if everything looks good I will be getting my titanium prosthesis. My question is, how long will I be recovery? The first phase I was out of the water (I am a surfer) for 2 months. Should I expect the same timeframe for recovery or will it be longer or shorter? My surgeon says it should be shorter but my ENT says that it could be up to 3 months. What is everyone else's experience with the titanium prosthesis? Thank you.AlohaDancholesteatoma From: drarunjind@...Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 08:24:00 +0530Subject: Re: Question for Dr. Arun Gupta

Actually corda tympani nerve which carries taste from anterior part of tongue is very thin, gets stretched or torn too, in spite of best effort by surgeon to save it.

If It was just got stretched during surgery, then you can hope to recover taste sense , max by 9 months.

If it was totally cut, then there are hardly any chance of recovery.

I too faced the same problem in a Young girl last month

Arun

On 12/26/08, Tatreau <rebecca_tatreau > wrote:

Hello Sir,

My husband had a radical mastoidectomy this past Friday. The surgury itself went well. He is experiencing loss of taste on the left side of his mouth (surgury side). How long will it be, if ever, before he will get taste back on that side?

Thanks,

i was dignosed in 2004 with a cholesteatoma i my right ear i seen it it looked like a little greenish pea the only symptoms i had was some hearing lose and noise in my ear he said he didn't think i would need

any surgery at that point to come back for a check up in 6 months which i accully forgot due to my grandmother dieing with cancer.this past aug 2008 i started have trouble with my ear severe pain in the side of my head down my neck i had several test by my

autolerinoligest so he check my ear and he seen something tryed to cut out a piece but it was to painfull so he sent me to the main ent in the office the tumor in my middle ear is black now and hes not sure how big it is cause he said it was in a pocket and hidden the ct only

showed it to be small but according to him (the ent) i have severe hearing lose and im in really severe pain my ear burns really bad and i have a really bad pressure in my ear and my head it even goes up in my temple they have me on nuroten and hydrcoden and i have to put ice

on it to relive the pain i cant stand to bend over cause the noise in my ear and pressure hurts so bad it sounds like my heart beats in my ear. so to someone who has had a cholesteatoma do you have any of these symptoms or is this something different please help i am

supposed to have surgery in january thanks so much.

It’s the same Hotmail®. If by “same” you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now.

Mr.

Regarding healing there are two aspect,

One is healing of the wound in the ear, which usually takes 15 to 20 days to heal.

Regarding hearing status, it takes 3 to 6 months to get stabilised. or even longer.

Best of Luck Mr., for New Surgery to get Titanium prosthesis, it is wonderful material which is relatively insert and mixes with body tissues, Still more data is to come about the titanium prosthesis, as it is latest in Otological surgery.

Dr. Arun, India

On 12/29/08, Hills <dhillz81@...> wrote:

Aloha,Tomorrow I go in for my 2nd look and also hopefully if everything looks good I will be getting my titanium prosthesis. My question is, how long will I be recovery? The first phase I was out of the water (I am a surfer) for 2 months. Should I expect the same timeframe for recovery or will it be longer or shorter? My surgeon says it should be shorter but my ENT says that it could be up to 3 months. What is everyone else's experience with the titanium prosthesis? Thank you.

AlohaDan

cholesteatoma From: drarunjind@...

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 08:24:00 +0530Subject: Re: Question for Dr. Arun Gupta

Actually corda tympani nerve which carries taste from anterior part of tongue is very thin, gets stretched or torn too, in spite of best effort by surgeon to save it.

If It was just got stretched during surgery, then you can hope to recover taste sense , max by 9 months.

If it was totally cut, then there are hardly any chance of recovery.

I too faced the same problem in a Young girl last month

Arun

On 12/26/08, Tatreau <rebecca_tatreau@...> wrote:

Hello Sir,

My husband had a radical mastoidectomy this past Friday. The surgury itself went well. He is experiencing loss of taste on the left side of his mouth (surgury side). How long will it be, if ever, before he will get taste back on that side?

Thanks,

i was dignosed in 2004 with a cholesteatoma i my right ear i seen it it looked like a little greenish pea the only symptoms i had was some hearing lose and noise in my ear he said he didn't think i would need

any surgery at that point to come back for a check up in 6 months which i accully forgot due to my grandmother dieing with cancer.this past aug 2008 i started have trouble with my ear severe pain in the side of my head down my neck i had several test by my

autolerinoligest so he check my ear and he seen something tryed to cut out a piece but it was to painfull so he sent me to the main ent in the office the tumor in my middle ear is black now and hes not sure how big it is cause he said it was in a pocket and hidden the ct only

showed it to be small but according to him (the ent) i have severe hearing lose and im in really severe pain my ear burns really bad and i have a really bad pressure in my ear and my head it even goes up in my temple they have me on nuroten and hydrcoden and i have to put ice

on it to relive the pain i cant stand to bend over cause the noise in my ear and pressure hurts so bad it sounds like my heart beats in my ear. so to someone who has had a cholesteatoma do you have any of these symptoms or is this something different please help i am

supposed to have surgery in january thanks so much.

It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now.