RemedySpot.com

Re: 3 weeks post surgery - questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kavitha,

My surgery was Sept. 25th my ear soreness has just recently gone away. As far as hearing goes I had 1-1/2 bones removed so I went from good hearing to practically none - so not sure about your hearing situation. My doctor has me having 1 more surgery any time from 6 month - 18 months (my choice) he feels he removed all of the cholesteatoma but this is just to make sure since the ct scans are not 100% full proof. The doctor acts like the second surgery is very easy(?) - hope he is right. Your are very lucky that the doctor found your cholesteatoma in it early stages - I hope your hearing improves soon.

From: Kavitha V <kavi.victor@...>cholesteatoma Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 11:21:57 AMSubject: 3 weeks post surgery - questions

Hi All,I'm 3 weeks post surgery to remove my c-toma and repair my retracted ear-drum.The surgery was done by Dr. Roberson from California Ear Institute (got the ref throughthis group. THANK YOU!!) I have a few questions:- I still cannot hear on the affected ear; my packing has been removed. How long will it take for the hearing to be close to normal again? The doctor says there was minimal bone loss (he initially suspected about 60 - 70% loss). So, I was expecting at least some improvement after the packing was removed. Not so...- The upper portion of the ear is still sore. How long will it take for it to feel normal again?- The doctor says one more surgery is needed to check if the c-toma is growing again or not. The c-toma for me was small. Will they not be able to clean it thoroughly? Is this a regurlar procedure that everyone goes

through - the 2nd surgery?Thanks in advance for the answers!warm regards,--kavitha

,Thank you for the reply.Looks like it's gonna a take a long time for the ear to be fully ok...sigh...--kavithaOn Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Captain Definder <captaindefinder@...> wrote:

Kavitha,

My surgery was Sept. 25th my ear soreness has just recently gone away. As far as hearing goes I had 1-1/2 bones removed so I went from good hearing to practically none - so not sure about your hearing situation. My doctor has me having 1 more surgery any time from 6 month - 18 months (my choice) he feels he removed all of the cholesteatoma but this is just to make sure since the ct scans are not 100% full proof. The doctor acts like the second surgery is very easy(?) - hope he is right. Your are very lucky that the doctor found your cholesteatoma in it early stages - I hope your hearing improves soon.

Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 11:21:57 AMSubject: 3 weeks post surgery - questions

Hi All,I'm 3 weeks post surgery to remove my c-toma and repair my retracted ear-drum.The surgery was done by Dr. Roberson from California Ear Institute (got the ref throughthis group. THANK YOU!!)

I have a few questions:- I still cannot hear on the affected ear; my packing has been removed. How long will it take for the hearing to be close to normal again? The doctor says there was minimal bone loss (he initially suspected about 60 - 70% loss).

So, I was expecting at least some improvement after the packing was removed. Not so...- The upper portion of the ear is still sore. How long will it take for it to feel normal again?- The doctor says one more surgery is needed to check if the c-toma is growing again or not.

The c-toma for me was small. Will they not be able to clean it thoroughly? Is this a regurlar procedure that everyone goes

through - the 2nd surgery?Thanks in advance for the answers!warm regards,--kavitha