RemedySpot.com

My First Myringotomy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ok, my ENT sucked all that fluid out of my ear today. It was a pretty simple procedure, and as far as I can tell it worked ok. I still have some tinnitus but not as bad as before, and the pressure is relieved. When I was driving home, it felt like the pressure within my ear kept changing,

sort of like what you get with changes in altitude, ears popping, then

replugging up, popping again. That has stopped now though, so maybe it was just a temporary thing.He said that about 50% of his patients with no prior problems who get a myringotomy have no further problems. I'm hoping that'll be me, of course! He opted on not inserting a tube at this point, but said that'd be the next step if the fluid comes back. I go back to see him around the end of the month, as a follow up. He'll also arrange another hearing test... the first one from a week ago indicated light to moderate hearing loss, but no hearing loss using the bone oscillator, which bypassed the fluid and tested directly at the middle ear. Thanks for all the advice people gave here,Ray.