RemedySpot.com

Re: Taste and Tongue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Resent on 1/13

One of my c-toma's grew on and around the facial nerve, I was lucky as the Doc was able to remove it with out cutting the nerve. However the nerve was very traumatized! If I remember correctly my tongue had a num feeling for a couple of years and my sense of taste was off for about that long also. In time they both got back to normal so to say what normal is after one of these operations. Another good reason for having a aggressive Doc treating you as I would have hated to to have this prolong like some have. Parent's, you really have no idea what this is like unless you have had one...

tom hansen

Taste and Tongue

Hello,My daughter had a c-toma removed in August 2004. We just found out, at her last consultation, that a nerve to the tongue had to be sacrificed and now she can't taste anything on the left side of her tongue. She became quite a fussy eater after the operation and I think this probably explains it. She is particularly fussy about the texture of food and hates anything that has a sloppy texture or anything in a sauce. Has this happened to any of the adults here? I'm trying to guage what it must feel like so that I can understand it better. She is 8 years old.Fortunately her hearing is still quite good. Unfortunately, the c-toma has returned and she is scheduled for another op in early March.Any information greatfully received.Many thanks,Jane

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.