Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI! What is exploratory surgery consist of on the ear ? The ENT

mentioned he may do it on hunter he is 3 as i think i have said

before . Also I have aol sweetGAracer gagalredneck and msn

sweetness_2_@... if anyone wants to add my on there buddy

list . Thanks

• 8 years later...

Hi Jane,I would go for the surgery. We found out that has an intramedullary lipoma in his spine. We can still cast but it makes casting a bit more difficult b\c they don't know how the lipoma will move and if it will affect him neurologically. I never imagined this in a million years. The surgery can only help with your childs treatment. Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheldFrom: Jane Bigler <janemhar@...>Sender: infantile scoliosis treatment Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 12:22:32 -0800 (PST)<infantile scoliosis treatment >Reply infantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Exploratory Surgery Hi ya'll... Well, at the request of our ortho and urologist, we are heading back to the neuro-surgeon. The hint seems to be that they want him to consider exploratory surgery on Grace's spine to fully rule out tethered cord, fatty fillium, or just plain something being pinched. Nothing shows up on MRI. BUT, we did notice that when we use the TENS unit since Grace has been casted (and therefore her spine is straighter) that she has way more sensation in her low back. She can't handle the higher settings of the unit in cast. Prior to going back into a cast, she wouldn't even flinch with it at almost the highest settings. It tells me there is SOMETHING wrong and in my opinion, is fixable! I am so torn about what I want done. A huge part of me is YES! At least someone is trying to figure these problems out, but a small piece of me is worried they will find nothing and we will really be at the point of there being nothing anyone can do to help Grace be potty trained. Just looking for advice on what you all might do in our situation. Thanks! Jane

Jane,All I can say is go with your Mommy gut, that is so hard. (Hugs.) Heidi, Bexon's Mommy, (3.5 years old, in 9th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 63 degrees to 14.6 in cast. You can read Bexon's Story on www.GirltoMom.com)From: Jane Bigler <janemhar@...>To:

infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Fri, February 4, 2011 12:22:32 PMSubject: Exploratory Surgery

Hi ya'll...

Well, at the request of our ortho and urologist, we are heading back to the neuro-surgeon. The hint seems to be that they want him to consider exploratory surgery on Grace's spine to fully rule out tethered cord, fatty fillium, or just plain something being pinched. Nothing shows up on MRI. BUT, we did notice that when we use the TENS unit since Grace has been casted (and therefore her spine is straighter) that she has way more sensation in her low back. She can't handle the higher settings of the unit in cast. Prior to going back into a cast, she wouldn't even flinch with it at almost the highest settings. It tells me there is SOMETHING wrong and in my opinion, is fixable!

I am so torn about what I want done. A huge part of me is YES! At least someone is trying to figure these problems out, but a small piece of me is worried they will find nothing and we will really be at the point of there being nothing anyone can do to help Grace be potty trained.

Just looking for advice on what you all might do in our situation.

Thanks!

Jane