RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: enzymes now diverticulitis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

First, here is some info I came across... some good stuff in it... Current Medical Treatments: 1. Decrease the pressure on the colon walls by decreasing dietary fat and increasing water soluble and insoluble fiber. 2. Medications to relieve symptoms 3. Antibiotics to treat infections 4. Surgery 5. Avoid narcotics, especially morphine-type of narcotics. Other Preventive Measures for Diverticulitis Avoid use of chemical or herbal stimulant laxatives on a regular basis. The chronic use of stimulant laxatives has the potential to damage the "myenteric plexus" (nerves in the intestinal muscles), causing lazy-bowel syndrome.Examples of chemical stimulant

laxative: Bisacodyl (Dulcolax), phenophthalein (Ex-lax, Phenolax, Modane, Feen-a-mint), casanthranol, mineral oil.Examples of herbal stimulant laxative: castor oil (Neoloid, Purge, Emusoil), senna (Senokot, Dieter's Tea), cascara sagrada. If you are over 40 years old, it is strongly recommended that you have a baseline colonoscopy. This procedure should be repeated every 3 to 5 years, especially if you have had colon diseases, such as polyps, diverticulitis, colitis, hemorrhoids, etc. Avoid high-protein diets (high protein bars, diets with high content of bean, meat, cheese and/or dairy). Increase the consumption of fruits and leafy vegetables. Avoid consumption of fatty food, deep-fried food, especially when saturated fat and/or hydrogenated oils are being used. Small seeds, such as flax seeds with hard outer layer should be ground before

consumption. Increase the consumption of water. Avoid alcohol or nicotine. Increase physical activities. even if it is only walking. NOW, if we look at the antibiotics we can sub super tonic. and take acidopholus or probiotics to replace the good bacteria... Of course, going to a more raw diet will help... if your condition has improved or calmed down... a colon cleanse would be a good idea... If your condition is acting up i would go for a low fiber diet till conditions improve and then increase the fiber... this is the direction I would head if it were me. Exhaust all alternatives before you elect to have surgery.. After a number of alternatives, I am going to have surgery on my neck as I didn't find any alternative to fix the problem... I did elininate my pain (not the numbness) so I accomplished something.. but the disks are too

ruptured (along with the bone spurs) and pushing out onto the spinal cord. Hope this helps Suzi Vanokat <vanokat@...> wrote: Welcome Rita. I hope to learn along with you about diverticulitis. My 28 yo son has recently been dx with this. They are talking surgery to remove 12-14" of his colon. I have been trying to research his options. Welcome to a group of great people here. Blessings to you, Kathy -------Original Message------- From: snowwolf1779 Date: 01/11/2007 08:25:25 PM health Subject: Re: enzymes Hi membersI am new to this group and look forward to learning a lot here! For starters where is enzymes made in the body? I want to add more enzymes to my diet because of

lower colon problems, just recovered from diverticulitis, my first attack. I am in my start of being a golden ager of 60. Thanks for any help provided.Rita

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

Suzy

Great information. Have you looked at the possiblity of Prolotherapy for your neck before surgery?

----- Original Message -----

health

Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 8:06 PM

Subject: Re: Re: enzymes now diverticulitis

First, here is some info I came across... some good stuff in it...

Current Medical Treatments:

1. Decrease the pressure on the colon walls by decreasing dietary fat and increasing water soluble and insoluble fiber.

2. Medications to relieve symptoms

3. Antibiotics to treat infections

4. Surgery

5. Avoid narcotics, especially morphine-type of narcotics.

Other Preventive Measures for Diverticulitis

Avoid use of chemical or herbal stimulant laxatives on a regular basis. The chronic use of stimulant laxatives has the potential to damage the "myenteric plexus" (nerves in the intestinal muscles), causing lazy-bowel syndrome.Examples of chemical stimulant laxative: Bisacodyl (Dulcolax), phenophthalein (Ex-lax, Phenolax, Modane, Feen-a-mint), casanthranol, mineral oil.Examples of herbal stimulant laxative: castor oil (Neoloid, Purge, Emusoil), senna (Senokot, Dieter's Tea), cascara sagrada. If you are over 40 years old, it is strongly recommended that you have a baseline colonoscopy. This procedure should be repeated every 3 to 5 years, especially if you have had colon diseases, such as polyps, diverticulitis, colitis, hemorrhoids, etc. Avoid high-protein diets (high protein bars, diets with high content of bean, meat, cheese and/or dairy). Increase the consumption of fruits and leafy vegetables. Avoid consumption of fatty food, deep-fried food, especially when saturated fat and/or hydrogenated oils are being used. Small seeds, such as flax seeds with hard outer layer should be ground before consumption.

Increase the consumption of water.

Avoid alcohol or nicotine. Increase physical activities. even if it is only walking.

NOW, if we look at the antibiotics we can sub super tonic. and take acidopholus or probiotics to replace the good bacteria... Of course, going to a more raw diet will help... if your condition has improved or calmed down... a colon cleanse would be a good idea...

If your condition is acting up i would go for a low fiber diet till conditions improve and then increase the fiber... this is the direction I would head if it were me.

Exhaust all alternatives before you elect to have surgery.. After a number of alternatives, I am going to have surgery on my neck as I didn't find any alternative to fix the problem... I did elininate my pain (not the numbness) so I accomplished something.. but the disks are too ruptured (along with the bone spurs) and pushing out onto the spinal cord.

Hope this helps

Suzi

Vanokat <vanokatmrtc> wrote:

Welcome Rita. I hope to learn along with you about diverticulitis. My 28 yo son has recently been dx with this. They are talking surgery to remove 12-14" of his colon. I have been trying to research his options.

Welcome to a group of great people here.

Blessings to you,

Kathy

-------Original Message-------

Date: 01/11/2007 08:25:25 PM

health

Subject: Re: enzymes

Hi membersI am new to this group and look forward to learning a lot here! For starters where is enzymes made in the body? I want to add more enzymes to my diet because of lower colon problems, just recovered from diverticulitis, my first attack. I am in my start of being a golden ager of 60. Thanks for any help provided.Rita

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

I did some research on it... and it appears to be more tendon related... it talked about disk herniation but from what I read it appeared to be more tendon and ligament related.... Thanks . Fieber <pfieber@...> wrote: Suzy Great information. Have you looked at the possiblity of Prolotherapy for your neck before surgery? ----- Original Message ----- From: Suzanne health Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 8:06 PM Subject: Re: Re: enzymes now diverticulitis First, here is some info I came across... some good stuff in it... Current Medical Treatments: 1. Decrease the

pressure on the colon walls by decreasing dietary fat and increasing water soluble and insoluble fiber. 2. Medications to relieve symptoms 3. Antibiotics to treat infections 4. Surgery 5. Avoid narcotics, especially morphine-type of narcotics. Other Preventive Measures for Diverticulitis Avoid use of chemical or herbal stimulant laxatives on a regular basis. The chronic use of stimulant laxatives has the potential to damage the "myenteric plexus" (nerves in the intestinal muscles), causing lazy-bowel syndrome.Examples of chemical stimulant laxative: Bisacodyl (Dulcolax), phenophthalein (Ex-lax, Phenolax, Modane, Feen-a-mint), casanthranol, mineral oil.Examples of herbal stimulant laxative: castor oil

(Neoloid, Purge, Emusoil), senna (Senokot, Dieter's Tea), cascara sagrada. If you are over 40 years old, it is strongly recommended that you have a baseline colonoscopy. This procedure should be repeated every 3 to 5 years, especially if you have had colon diseases, such as polyps, diverticulitis, colitis, hemorrhoids, etc. Avoid high-protein diets (high protein bars, diets with high content of bean, meat, cheese and/or dairy). Increase the consumption of fruits and leafy vegetables. Avoid consumption of fatty food, deep-fried food, especially when saturated fat and/or hydrogenated oils are being used. Small seeds, such as flax seeds with hard outer layer should be ground before consumption. Increase the consumption of water. Avoid alcohol or nicotine. Increase physical activities. even if it is only

walking. NOW, if we look at the antibiotics we can sub super tonic. and take acidopholus or probiotics to replace the good bacteria... Of course, going to a more raw diet will help... if your condition has improved or calmed down... a colon cleanse would be a good idea... If your condition is acting up i would go for a low fiber diet till conditions improve and then increase the fiber... this is the direction I would head if it were me. Exhaust all alternatives before you elect to have surgery.. After a number of alternatives, I am going to have surgery on my neck as I didn't find any alternative to fix the problem... I did elininate my pain (not the numbness) so I accomplished something.. but the disks are too ruptured (along with the bone spurs) and pushing out onto the spinal cord. Hope this helps Suzi Vanokat <vanokatmrtc> wrote: Welcome Rita. I hope to learn along with you about diverticulitis. My 28 yo son has recently been dx with this. They are talking surgery to remove 12-14" of his colon. I have been trying to research his options. Welcome to a group of great people here. Blessings to you, Kathy -------Original Message------- From: snowwolf1779 Date: 01/11/2007 08:25:25 PM health Subject: Re: enzymes Hi membersI am new to this group and look forward to learning a lot here! For starters where is enzymes made in the body? I want to add more enzymes to my diet because of lower colon problems, just recovered from diverticulitis, my first attack. I am in my start of being a golden ager of 60. Thanks for any help provided.Rita

You're welcome Rita... get rid of the dairy... and go raw.. or lightly steamed veggies.. Don and Janet both gave you some good advice... it won't go away overnite but it will improve... remember you didn't get this way overnite... and we're all here for you. Like I said there is some good along with some not so good info in that post... Suzi PS Could you trim some of the past posts off your email... some members are on digest and it gets frustrating.... plus it takes up a ton of space on the message archives... snowwolf1779 <snowwolf1779@...> wrote: -Hi Suzie I think this is Suzie's post! I answered a few and am losing track :-) I did used to love cheese on everything until the attack, I remember buying an import cheese from Europe somewhere and it

promised to be an experience of good taste! aged white-like in colore and smooth like more like goat cheese which I incidently crave! but wasn,t as good as promised I think it was a hard cheese cause it tasted inbetween swiss and colby. I got sick perhaps from that aged cheese or it helped set my system up as the last straw with all the other raw vegetables and spinach which sometimes looked wilted on the edges or veins? Any how thanks for your most beneficial help with the definitive description help entailed on your research.

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.