RemedySpot.com

Re: Questions from a sprouter wannabe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I use a jar. Sunflower seeds sprout good. Just make sure you have organic and not chemically treated seeds. I usually get a variety seed pack either from Wild Oats or from the Sproutpeople... www..com SuziRose Baumann <rose@...> wrote: I am about to venture into sprouting. I have been cruising some of the sprouting sites mentioned in the files section of this group, and I've learned a few things. I'd like to ask those who've been sprouting for awhile if they could respond to these newbie questions:* jar vs tray vs. bag sprouting -- which is best to begin with, in your opinion?* which seeds are the easiest to sprout or are they all equally easy?* if you had to purchase 1 book on sprouting, which would it

be?

It's here! Your new message!Get

new email alerts with the free Toolbar.

I may have a sprouting book that I am looking to get rid of. Have to find it first. Regardless depending on the sprouts you are hunting for depends on the jar vs. soil method. I would grow wheatgrass in soil and buckwheat I would sprout in jars. Depending on what you are after. There are many great websites re sprouting. Just have to hunt them down and I don't know them off hand. Right now I'm in the declutter mode so "soap supplies materials" is all I can think of now. I like the jars and do have the sprouting lids the health foods store sells. I have tried stainless steel screens but I like lids to twist on. You can even use a colander to sprout as I love that way for one I go through my soaking process first. Here's another good start for how to sprout: http://chetday.com/sprouts.html Good luck. Oh, may be interest in some soap stuff to go out the door...even being creative offering incentives so that I can move the stuff out faster with a FREE bonus I am not responsible for the results as they are not paying for it either. Tomorrow will know more. Hugs, carolg..........off to bed...Gloria has to be sleeping hours now.....or she would have repliedSuzanne <suziesgoats@...> wrote: I use a jar. Sunflower seeds sprout good. Just make sure you have organic and not chemically treated seeds. I usually get a variety seed pack either from Wild Oats or from the Sproutpeople... www..com SuziRose Baumann <rose@...>

wrote: I am about to venture into sprouting. I have been cruising some of the sprouting sites mentioned in the files section of this group, and I've learned a few things. I'd like to ask those who've been sprouting for awhile if they could respond to these newbie questions:* jar vs tray vs. bag sprouting -- which is best to begin with, in your opinion?* which seeds are the easiest to sprout or are they all equally easy?* if you had to purchase 1 book on sprouting, which would it be?

My favourite sprouting mix is red winter wheat and alfafa. Very sweet!

Like eating candy.

And I always use a glass jar.

--- In health , Suzanne <suziesgoats@...>

wrote:

>

> I use a jar. Sunflower seeds sprout good. Just make sure you have

organic and not chemically treated seeds. I usually get a variety seed

pack either from Wild Oats or from the Sproutpeople...

www..com

> Suzi