RemedySpot.com

Re: Help for low iron

Rate this topic

Guest guest

equal parts of black strap molasses and organic apple cidar vinegar - take a tablespoon a day

or

Vitamin and Minerals with Iron Syrup

This formula will make a syrup with easily digestible vitamins and minerals. It is high in iron, calcium, vitamin A and many other trace minerals. 2 parts nettles leaf

3 parts dandelion leaf

3 parts dandelion root

3 parts raspberry leaf

2 parts watercress

2 parts alfalfa leaf

1 part hawthorn berries

1 part yellowdock root

1 part dulse

1/4 part horsetail

Instructions:

Place 2 ounces of herb mixture in 1 quart of water and on low heat boil down to a pint. Strain and add 1-2 cups of sweetener. Warm and mix thoroughly. Add 1/4 cup 1/4 cup any fruit concentrate (I like Black Cherry Concentrate). It adds lots of flavor and is used to dissolve crystals in the body such as kidney and gall stones. It also dissolves crystals in the joints that make them stiff and cause arthritis. Do not add juice, it will dilute the syrup and cause it to spoil. Suggested Dosage: 4-6 Tablespoons

Becky

I'm not mean - you're just a sissy.

thanks. :)) I know the molassas and acv really work! We keep up my friends blood levels with it. I forgot to mention tho that it tastes like worchestershire sauce. :))

Very good Becky!...

Becky

I'm not mean - you're just a sissy.

Any suggestions for natural ways to raise iron levels?

Beet juice!!! A great way to raise iron levels. Always mix it with carrot though and start out slowly. Too much beet juice too soon can make you nauseous or dizzy.

Gloria

Very good Becky!... Just signed on a bit ago and reading all before I respond.. this is one I won't have to respond to... lol but I will add to this.. These are good for getting your iron also. Collard greens Spinach Kale Turnip greens Dried fruits Prune juice Molasses WHAT FOODS HELP US ABSORB MORE IRON FROM FOODS? When you eat foods that contain more vitamin C - like those below, you will increase the body's absorption of iron from foods. Oranges or orange juice Grapefruit or grapefruit juice Tomatoes or tomato juice V8 juice V8 Splash juice Strawberries Cantaloupe Kiwi fruit Green peppers Broccoli Brussels sprouts Cauliflower

WHAT FACTORS REDUCE IRON ABSORPTION? Some compounds are found naturally in foods that will limit iron absorption. The following foods, when eaten in large quantity, may prevent iron from being absorbed from the foods you eat. When you eat foods that contain more vitamin C - like those below, you will increase the body's absorption of iron from foods. Whole grain cereals and breads - the phytates and fibers may block absorption Milk and dairy products - the calcium and phosphorus may block absorption Teas and coffee - Tannic acid found in tea / coffee may prevent iron absorption bbarnyard82637@... wrote: equal parts of black strap molasses and organic apple cidar vinegar - take a tablespoon a day or Vitamin and Minerals with Iron Syrup This formula will make a syrup with easily digestible vitamins and minerals. It is high in iron, calcium, vitamin A and many other trace minerals. 2 parts nettles leaf 3 parts dandelion leaf 3 parts dandelion root 3 parts raspberry leaf 2 parts watercress 2 parts alfalfa leaf 1 part hawthorn berries 1 part yellowdock root 1 part dulse 1/4 part horsetail Instructions: Place 2 ounces of herb mixture in 1 quart of water and on low heat boil down to a pint. Strain and add 1-2 cups of sweetener. Warm and mix thoroughly. Add 1/4 cup 1/4 cup any fruit concentrate (I like Black Cherry

Concentrate). It adds lots of flavor and is used to dissolve crystals in the body such as kidney and gall stones. It also dissolves crystals in the joints that make them stiff and cause arthritis. Do not add juice, it will dilute the syrup and cause it to spoil. Suggested Dosage: 4-6 Tablespoons __________________________________________________