RemedySpot.com

Re: help with puncture wound?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How about super tonic (nature's antibiotic).. use it to clean out the wound? also add plantain to your poultice. Can you syrine any herbs into him as in tea form? or mix up some herbs in some grain with some sugar in it?? That is how i get my donkey to eat herbs.. I use honey to make a sort of ball... with grain and herbs mixed in.. Suzipromessapwdlamancha <promessapwdlamancha@...> wrote: Hi all,I am fairly new to the list, though I have been researching and trying natural remedies and diet for my animals for several years. Now I am working on me.My question actually has to do with my horse though. He stepped on a wire(who knows where that came from)that has punctured his foot, and abcessed a hole out the back. I was wondering if anyone had

any better ideas than what I am doing for him? I just found it and was able to pull it out yesterday afternoon, although he has been tender for a few days, I couldn't find the source.So far, I washed his foot(it has been real muddy for a week, now its frozen and snowcovered),cleaned it out as best I could with a wash of water, tea tree oil, and lavender, then packed the holes with goldenseal powder, and put gauze pads soaked in the tea tree and lavender mix, then covered it all up with duct tape and vet wrap to keep it clean. I intend to change the dressing and clean and re-treat each day.I read of the benefits of myrrh and was wondering if that would help as well?I'm not real sure when I can make it clear into the larger town to get to the herb store, but will as soon as I can.I have had real good luck with lavender and tea tree oils in healing cuts and abrasions, it really cleared up a goat who was attacked

by a dog, you can hardly tell now she ever had a problem, though at the time her head was a swollen pussy mess. With her though I was able to put quite a few herbs into her bottle and she took them well. Buddy just won't cooperate that well, and of course he is much bigger.I have a very hard time getting him to take anything by mouth, as he is sure I am poisoning him.And I am opposed to putting him on antibiotics from the vet if I can help it in anyway.Thanks, Shelene

Shelene it sounds like you are doing a good job. When you change the

dressing, can you flush the would with diluted oils in a syringe? And can

you top dress some COB or other sweetened feed and have him eat it? The

molasses in COB will make the herbs stick to the feed so they won't all sift

to the bottom of the pan. If you don't use a sweet feed, you could dilute

some molasses and spray some of his feed, then sprinkle herbs on that. You

will probably not have to add myrrh, although yarrow could help with

infection.

Gayla

Always Enough Ranch

Acampo, California

http://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.html

Bill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!

aeranch@...

Shelene, I think you are doing a great job with Buddy and the only other

thing I can think of to do is when you are washing out the foot is to soak

it in Epsom salts and warm or hot water for as long as buddy will allow it

to draw out as much infection as you can - then doctor it and rebandage as

you have done. hoof sores can be a bugger to get to heal.