RemedySpot.com

Re: Strawberry Cucumber Salad

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here is a great recipe I tried to night. It's posted on Recipezaar....(http://www.recipezaar.com/121826) I used rice vinegar instead of apple cider. I usually stay away from all refined sugar but I did use the brown sugar this time. I think when I make it again I'll use Agave. This was really refreshing. 2 large cucumbers 10 medium strawberries, washed, dried, sliced

1 teaspoon light soy sauce 2 tablespoons light brown sugar 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil Peel cukes. Slice in half lengthwise. If seeded, remove with teaspoon. Cut cukes across into 1/4 inch slices. Place in colander. Sprinkle with salt and toss. Allow to drain about 20

minutes. Rinse with cold water to remove salt. Spread out on paper towels and pat dry. Place berries and cukes in bowl and chill. Whisk brown sugar, soy, and vinegar together until smooth. Set aside. When ready to serve salad, pour sesame oil and dressing over and toss Hope this was ok to post here. Barb __________________________________________________

Of course Barb... we love new recipes. Suzibarb g <themainers@...> wrote: Here is a great recipe I tried to night. It's posted on Recipezaar....(http://www.recipezaar.com/121826) I used rice vinegar instead of apple cider. I usually stay away from all refined sugar but I did use the brown sugar this time. I think when I make it again I'll use Agave. This was really refreshing. 2 large cucumbers 10 medium strawberries, washed, dried, sliced 1 teaspoon light soy sauce 2 tablespoons light brown sugar 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil Peel cukes. Slice in half lengthwise. If seeded, remove with teaspoon. Cut cukes across into 1/4 inch slices. Place in colander. Sprinkle with salt and toss. Allow to drain about 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water to remove salt. Spread out on paper towels and pat dry. Place berries and cukes in bowl and chill. Whisk brown sugar, soy, and vinegar together until smooth. Set aside. When ready to serve salad, pour sesame oil and dressing over and toss Hope this was ok to post here. Barb __________________________________________________

I thought about that but I thought the agave might give it some thickness to the dressing so it's not all at the bottom of the bowl but I'm likely to try it both ways. Me and my hubby devoured all "5" 52 calorie servings, lol. I still have cukes and strawberries and I'm thinking what a good little snack for the Eagles game tomorrow. Barb"Sharyn E. Cerniglia" <sharyn.cerniglia@...> wrote: That sounds scrumptious! I wonder if you could use stevia in place of the sugar. Sharyn __________________________________________________