RemedySpot.com

Parsnips

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 5 years later...

I just looked up the nutritional qualities of parsnips. The measured quantity is 1/2 cup, boiled, drained, salted. It says they are high in sodium. Well DUH! They are salted!!! <G> But also loaded with minerals. They really must be loaded with minerals to drain all the cooking water away and still have lots! I think that's one reason I like soups. Because I am getting all the minerals I put in the pot.

I know the soups are cooked, but I am not totally raw - at least my diet isn't. <another G>

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

• 3 years later...

I adore parsnips! And I grow them in my garden, so I use them widely in the VM. My favorite way is mashed (pureed) with just a bit of cream and sea salt, or a soup made the same way with more cream or milk. Parsnips are slightly peppery, and very earthy-delicious when mixed with mashed potatoes too. They are also wonderful for thickening a sauce without using cream or flour as a thickener.From: flnancy1958 <pravern@...>Subject: Parsnips Date: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 10:53 PM

I was just watching YouTube recipes with Parsnips. Anyone use them in the Vitamix?

I will definitely have to try some.

>

> From: flnancy1958 <pravern@...>

> Subject: Parsnips

>

> Date: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 10:53 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I was just watching YouTube recipes with Parsnips. Anyone use them in

the Vitamix?

>

Why not?

>

> I juice them but have never used them in my Vita-Mix.

>

>

> Parsnips

>

>  

> I was just watching YouTube recipes with Parsnips. Anyone use them in

> the Vitamix?

>