RemedySpot.com

Re: port redness question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There is a normal oozing that does happen from the port site. It is a

chemical reaction of the band and body fat. It ends up melting a

little bit of fat and many mistake this for an infection. Is it a

pale wine color? Kinda sticky? Doesn't smell nice? That is normal.

If it is oozing yellow or green pus that is an infection.

I'd venture a guess that most have the melted fat thing to some

degree. You would want to keep absorbent gauze on it, keep it clean,

and it usually stops in a few days.

On 1/4/08, ladywotch@... <ladywotch@...> wrote:

> Hi all,

> I had surgery on the 29th and its been a pretty rough last couple of days.

>

> Tonight my port site is uncomfortable and slightly oozing under the

> bandages. Has anyone else had this?

>

> I haven't heard from Nina, so as soon as my hubby gets home I'm going to

> have him take me up to my health care's urgent care to be on the safe side.

>

>

> Trish

>

>

>

> **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

>

Ohhh, btw.. Nina is on vacation. I'm pretty sure everyone but

is on vacation right now.

On 1/5/08, Bipley <bipley@...> wrote:

> There is a normal oozing that does happen from the port site. It is a

> chemical reaction of the band and body fat. It ends up melting a

> little bit of fat and many mistake this for an infection. Is it a

> pale wine color? Kinda sticky? Doesn't smell nice? That is normal.

> If it is oozing yellow or green pus that is an infection.

>

> I'd venture a guess that most have the melted fat thing to some

> degree. You would want to keep absorbent gauze on it, keep it clean,

> and it usually stops in a few days.

>

> On 1/4/08, ladywotch@... <ladywotch@...> wrote:

> > Hi all,

> > I had surgery on the 29th and its been a pretty rough last couple of

> days.

> >

> > Tonight my port site is uncomfortable and slightly oozing under the

> > bandages. Has anyone else had this?

> >

> > I haven't heard from Nina, so as soon as my hubby gets home I'm going to

> > have him take me up to my health care's urgent care to be on the safe

> side.

> >

> >

> > Trish

> >

> >

> >

> > **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

> > http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

> >

>

Trish,I'm sorry you haven't been feeling good. What you are describing sounds totally normal. As I'm sure Yolanda explained, that oozing is from melting fat and LOTS of people have to deal with it, as unpleasant as it is. Have you tried calling the office or only emailing? If you need to reach someone immediately you should call the office. Sometimes the gals are out and don't see their email right away but I have never had anyone not answer the phone. What else has been going on, you said it has been a rough couple of days, do you have any other questions we can help you with. It is no fun to suffer is maybe there is some advice we could give to help make it better.Let us know how you are and whats going on.Take care, Cyrena port redness question

Hi all,

I had surgery on the 29th and its been a pretty rough last couple of days.

Tonight my port site is uncomfortable and slightly oozing under the bandages. Has anyone else had this?

I haven't heard from Nina, so as soon as my hubby gets home I'm going to have him take me up to my health care's urgent care to be on the safe side.

TrishStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

>

> Hi all,

> I had surgery on the 29th and its been a pretty rough last couple

of days.

>

> Tonight my port site is uncomfortable and slightly oozing under

the

> bandages. Has anyone else had this?

>

> I haven't heard from Nina, so as soon as my hubby gets home I'm

going to

> have him take me up to my health care's urgent care to be on the

safe side.

>

> Trish

>

>

>

> **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in

shape.

> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?

NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

>

Trish,

Dr. A talked to me about the oozzzing that might occur after surgery

it is common, possible fat oozzzing out from surgery. Please smell

and see if there is an odor if not you should be ok. If you are just

not comfortable with it please see your doctor. I did not experience

it with my band surgery but with my tummytuck I experienced that but

it was not an infection. Take care of your self talk too you soon.

Earleane

my port was the same..and i just made sure it was very clean ..all the time.. i also used peroxide to make sure and it healed fine..but i was concerned also..but all is well..

Re: port redness question

>> Hi all,> I had surgery on the 29th and its been a pretty rough last couple of days.> > Tonight my port site is uncomfortable and slightly oozing under the > bandages. Has anyone else had this? > > I haven't heard from Nina, so as soon as my hubby gets home I'm going to > have him take me up to my health care's urgent care to be on the safe side. > > Trish> > > > ************ **Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. > http://body. aol.com/fitness/ winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000

002489>Trish,Dr. A talked to me about the oozzzing that might occur after surgery it is common, possible fat oozzzing out from surgery. Please smell and see if there is an odor if not you should be ok. If you are just not comfortable with it please see your doctor. I did not experience it with my band surgery but with my tummytuck I experienced that but it was not an infection. Take care of your self talk too you soon.Earleane

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I did speak with Dr. A's office and Bipley today (thank you thank you) and we're all agreed its the normal oozing. I am taking the antibiotics I was prescribed last night but I do feel much better. Its been oozing a thinish liquid (not pus) and the pain in the area & swelling has definitely eased up.

I've also found out that I wasn't getting near enough protein so my body is right now filling back up and that's also coming along well today. I got my Unjury stuff today and its been in everything I've eaten/drank thanks to my hubby. What a difference some honest to goodness nutrition makes!

I was unfortunately seen my a urgent care RNP last night at Kaiser (So. Cal) who not so politely informed me that Kaiser doesn't believe in this surgery whatsoever and will not support it. In fact, their attitude is that if I have a problem, they'll just take the entire lapband out. She also didn't believe in going to Mexico, didn't believe in the surgery herself (she made sure to tell me she lost her weight on her own) and it just went on and on. The day before I was back and forth from my primary care doctor's office (he DOES support the surgery, though outside of the official Kaiser stance) to the hospital as they checked for DVT (which came back positive on the blood test, but negative on my leg ultrasound). My emotional state has definitely not been good at all.

But I do feel that I've turned a corner finally and that now each day should be better and build upon each other.

Thanks all for the support,

Trish

In a message dated 1/5/2008 1:14:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, Bipley@... writes:

There is a normal oozing that does happen from the port site. It is achemical reaction of the band and body fat. It ends up melting alittle bit of fat and many mistake this for an infection. Is it apale wine color? Kinda sticky? Doesn't smell nice? That is normal.If it is oozing yellow or green pus that is an infection.I'd venture a guess that most have the melted fat thing to somedegree. You would want to keep absorbent gauze on it, keep it clean,and it usually stops in a few days.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

This only confirms what i have always thought: KAISER SUCKS! ladywotch@... wrote: I did speak with Dr. A's office and Bipley today (thank you thank you) and we're all agreed its the normal oozing. I am taking the antibiotics I was prescribed last night but I do feel much better. Its been oozing a thinish liquid (not pus) and the pain in the area & swelling has definitely eased up. I've also found out that I wasn't getting near enough protein so my body is right now filling back up and that's also coming along well today. I got my Unjury stuff today and its been in everything I've eaten/drank thanks to my hubby. What a difference some honest to goodness nutrition makes! I was unfortunately seen my a urgent care RNP last night at Kaiser (So. Cal) who not so politely informed me that Kaiser doesn't believe in this surgery whatsoever and will not support it. In fact, their attitude is that if I have a problem, they'll just take the entire lapband out. She also didn't believe in going to Mexico, didn't believe in the surgery herself (she made sure to tell me she lost her weight on her own) and it just went on and on. The day before I

was back and forth from my primary care doctor's office (he DOES support the surgery, though outside of the official Kaiser stance) to the hospital as they checked for DVT (which came back positive on the blood test, but negative on my leg ultrasound). My emotional state has definitely not been good at all. But I do feel that I've turned a corner finally and that now each day should be better and build upon each other. Thanks all for the support, Trish In a message dated 1/5/2008 1:14:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, Bipleygmail writes: There is a normal oozing that does happen from the port site. It is achemical reaction of the band and body fat. It ends up melting alittle bit of fat and many mistake this for an infection. Is it apale wine color? Kinda sticky? Doesn't smell nice? That is normal.If it is oozing yellow or green pus that is an infection.I'd venture a guess that most have the melted fat thing to somedegree. You would want to keep absorbent gauze on it, keep it clean,and it usually stops in a few days. Start the year off right. Easy ways to

stay in shape in the new year.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

You know, I have yet to hear a single positive about Kaiser.Jane? Jane where are you?On Jan 5, 2008 9:13 PM, caprise holmes <capriseholmes@...

> wrote:

This only confirms what i have always thought: KAISER SUCKS!