RemedySpot.com

Re: Mushie food question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks for the explanation! My friend and I have spent too much time trying to figure this out! LOL! We have been faithful but weren't really sure what the reasoning was behind it!

HeidiStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

That is exactly what I did. The best thing I ever bought was one of those Magic Bullet blender systems. It worked perfectly! I could puree almost anything and I didn't have to use a big blender or food processor to do it. It was perfect for making protein shakes as well. Jennieeliegirl <eelie@...> wrote: Ok, I have a question that will probably be answered by the doc soon, but, well, I'm not good at waiting. ;o)When I get to the mushy food part of the post-op diet,

is it ok to put things into a mini chopper to get them mushed up? From what I see, the idea of the mushy food is to get the stomach starting to operate again but keep chunks out for a little while longer. Any reason why I can't start eating foods I might normally eat but just chop them up into basically baby food? in AR

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

...Sure, lots of people get a Magic Bullet. I have one but it is still sitting in a box that I haven't opened since I got it over a year ago. ;o)Only one thing I'd want to add, the idea is not that you want to get your stomach working again, the idea is that you want to keep your stomach from working hard for as long as possible.

Two things, one is that you don't want to fill your pouch and let it sit there. You want food to travel through as fast as possible so that you don't weigh it down. When they first started doing banding they made the pouch bigger than they do today. They discovered people were not losing weight, they were able to consume too much food. So in surgery they started making it smaller. Then people lost well.

When you fill your pouch so food is sitting there for long periods of time it pushes your pouch down and when it heals, it heals larger than it was to begin with. Thus, weight loss will not be as good.Also, the *true* healing is not when swelling goes down. True healing is when the scarring and adhesions grow around the outside of your stomach on your band. The sutures Dr. A will place holding your band to your stomach are not what holds your band long term, it's the adhesions that grow that hold your band in place long term.

When you eat food your stomach has to work very hard to break food down for your GI system (and no, chewing solids well during liquids does not change how hard your stomach has to work to those who cheat on the post op diet) and then it mixes with stomach acid and is pushed through the GI system. When your stomach works hard to break food down it tends to break those newly forming adhesions and your band is not secured well to your stomach. So, you risk a slip in the future. Might be soon, might not be for a year. But you risk a slip.

So the idea is to keep your stomach from working hard during the healing phase so you don't enlarge your pouch or risk a slip. Not to get your stomach working again. It will be working Sorry, hope that is clear. My two pound poodle keeps trying to walk across my keyboard so he can read what I am writing as well and it is quite distracting and he doesn't spell well either~ On Jan 16, 2008 9:05 PM, eeliegirl <eelie@...> wrote:

Ok, I have a question that will probably be answered by the doc soon,

but, well, I'm not good at waiting. ;o)

When I get to the mushy food part of the post-op diet, is it ok to put

things into a mini chopper to get them mushed up? From what I see, the

idea of the mushy food is to get the stomach starting to operate again

but keep chunks out for a little while longer. Any reason why I can't

start eating foods I might normally eat but just chop them up into

basically baby food?

in AR

Whoops, I just sent a reply and before I was done or before I proofed it the poodle walking across my keyboard just sent the post before I was actually done typing. I think he is trying to tell me that he wants me to stop typing and get him his corn chip NOW. Sorry about that! ;o)The one sentence I was working on was that your stomach will be working quite well right after surgery. ;o)On Jan 16, 2008 9:05 PM, eeliegirl <

eelie@...> wrote:

Ok, I have a question that will probably be answered by the doc soon,

but, well, I'm not good at waiting. ;o)

When I get to the mushy food part of the post-op diet, is it ok to put

things into a mini chopper to get them mushed up? From what I see, the

idea of the mushy food is to get the stomach starting to operate again

but keep chunks out for a little while longer. Any reason why I can't

start eating foods I might normally eat but just chop them up into

basically baby food?

in AR

Okay Bipley, What are you doing with corn chips in your home?

Busted~lol~~~Really enjoyed your post on sitting the band,never

heard it put that way...now understand it more.

thanks,

Deb

>

> > Ok, I have a question that will probably be answered by the

doc soon,

> > but, well, I'm not good at waiting. ;o)

> >

> > When I get to the mushy food part of the post-op diet, is it ok

to put

> > things into a mini chopper to get them mushed up? From what I

see, the

> > idea of the mushy food is to get the stomach starting to operate

again

> > but keep chunks out for a little while longer. Any reason why I

can't

> > start eating foods I might normally eat but just chop them up

into

> > basically baby food?

> >

> > in AR

> >

> >

> >

>

HA! I have a 2 pound poodle that loves them. So he gets one in the

morning and one in the evening. I haven't eaten a corn chip since

12/25/07!

The furry ones around here pretty much get anything they want, when

they want it. I think when you are three years old, weigh two pounds,

sleep in a kitten bed, and eat out of a gerbil dish, you are cute

enough to get anything you want in life. ;o) That includes soft shell

tacos from Taco Bell (he sits on it and eats around himself) or

Fritos.

On 1/17/08, Deb <horseigot@...> wrote:

> Okay Bipley, What are you doing with corn chips in your home?

> Busted~lol~~~Really enjoyed your post on sitting the band,never

> heard it put that way...now understand it more.

> thanks,

> Deb

Heidi...No need to wonder about these things, if you want to know something, ask!!! I don't think there is any topic we haven't discussed, ask anything!On Jan 17, 2008 11:35 AM, <

HeidiMatt@...> wrote:

Thanks for the explanation! My friend and I have spent too much time trying to figure this out! LOL! We have been faithful but weren't really sure what the reasoning was behind it!

Heidi

Thanks bipley! :o) I knew it wasn't the right way to phrase it about

eating mushies and the reason why but I couldn't think how else to put

it. You gave a great explanation and I appreciate it! :o)

And I'm glad my dog doesn't think he needs to walk across my keyboard.

It's bad enough as it is that he thinks he's a lap dog. He weighs

nearly 70 lbs! :-O SNORK!

Heeey, I had another idea for mushies.

If you like Indian food, or at least like beans/lentils and don't mind trying something new, I *loved* this stuff:

http://www.tastybite.com/product_p/i00002ml.htm

The beans need to be mushed up a bit more then they are, but aside from that it's quite tasty and filling. Most larger markets have it in their ethnic aisle. They have several different flavors as well. For added protien you can take canned chicken, shred the hell out of it, and mix it in. You won't even need to chew it.

Thanks bipley! :o) I knew it wasn't the right way to phrase it about eating mushies and the reason why but I couldn't think how else to put it. You gave a great explanation and I appreciate it! :o)And I'm glad my dog doesn't think he needs to walk across my keyboard. It's bad enough as it is that he thinks he's a lap dog. He weighs nearly 70 lbs! :-O SNORK!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

My dog is little enough that when he goes places with me he sits in my purse. He actually likes it in there as long as I remove the cuticle removers first. Heh.... All you can see is his little head poking out.

And btw, he had his two Fritos today. ;o)On Jan 17, 2008 6:04 PM, eeliegirl <eelie@...> wrote:

Thanks bipley! :o) I knew it wasn't the right way to phrase it about

eating mushies and the reason why but I couldn't think how else to put

it. You gave a great explanation and I appreciate it! :o)

And I'm glad my dog doesn't think he needs to walk across my keyboard.

It's bad enough as it is that he thinks he's a lap dog. He weighs

nearly 70 lbs! :-O SNORK!

Wow Bipley. I thought I was the only proud " Doggy Mommy " on here!

when I went to Mexico for my surgery I called home to check on my

little Lhatie. Oh yeah, and the husband and the kids.

But I missed my wittle girly wirly wirly yes I did! When I got home

she came barreling out the bedroom when she heard my voice and threw

all 10 of her pounds at me! After we said hello THEN I got the rest

of the family! I WISH she would behave enough to sit in my purse

while its moving. She is in in right now, and any other time it is

next to me, but NOT when it is over my shoulder! She's not havin any

of that!

Actually, I have 4 animals. My other lap dog is a 3-legged yellow

lab, and then there are the cats, Misty (persian) and Tangelo ( flame-

point siamese). they are such good kids. :)

ps I really do love my family, but my doggy loves me most.

-- In , Bipley <Bipley@...> wrote:

>

> My dog is little enough that when he goes places with me he sits in

my

> purse. He actually likes it in there as long as I remove the

cuticle

> removers first. Heh.... All you can see is his little head poking

out.

>

> And btw, he had his two Fritos today. ;o)

>

> On Jan 17, 2008 6:04 PM, eeliegirl <eelie@...> wrote:

>

> > Thanks bipley! :o) I knew it wasn't the right way to phrase it

about

> > eating mushies and the reason why but I couldn't think how else

to put

> > it. You gave a great explanation and I appreciate it! :o)

> >

> > And I'm glad my dog doesn't think he needs to walk across my

keyboard.

> > It's bad enough as it is that he thinks he's a lap dog. He weighs

> > nearly 70 lbs! :-O SNORK!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Nope, not the only Mom to furkids! I have the Shih Tzu (aka Bipley, her nickname), Mr. Benson the Poodle, and Pickles the bunny. The rabbit and the Shih Tzu are best buds. She gets along with, and plays better, with the rabbit than she does the poodle.

I'm not really a poodle person but when I went to the rescue place to look at a Shih Tzu they had, I found this quivering, horribly abused little tiny itty bitty teacup poodle and I wasn't leaving him there. I got him with the intent of finding him a home *I* knew would be good. Well, that was two years ago. ;o)

On Jan 18, 2008 11:25 AM, cooladdict <cooladdict@...> wrote:

Wow Bipley. I thought I was the only proud " Doggy Mommy " on here!

when I went to Mexico for my surgery I called home to check on my

of that!

I'm a proud fur-mom of 5 Bichon Frise. Three of them are AKC champions and the other two are 11 months old and waiting their turn in the ring. This weekend the weather is supposed to get into single digits .. I never have to worry about cold feet in bed with all of them sharing the quilt! Bipley <Bipley@...> wrote: Nope, not the only Mom to furkids! I have the Shih Tzu (aka Bipley, her nickname), Mr. Benson the

Poodle, and Pickles the bunny. The rabbit and the Shih Tzu are best buds. She gets along with, and plays better, with the rabbit than she does the poodle. I'm not really a poodle person but when I went to the rescue place to look at a Shih Tzu they had, I found this quivering, horribly abused little tiny itty bitty teacup poodle and I wasn't leaving him there. I got him with the intent of finding him a home *I* knew would be good. Well, that was two years ago. ;o) On Jan 18, 2008 11:25 AM, cooladdict <cooladdict > wrote: Wow Bipley. I thought I was the only proud "Doggy Mommy" on here! when I went to Mexico for my surgery I called home to check on my little Lhatie. Oh yeah, and the

husband and the kids. But I missed my wittle girly wirly wirly yes I did! When I got home she came barreling out the bedroom when she heard my voice and threw all 10 of her pounds at me! After we said hello THEN I got the rest of the family! I WISH she would behave enough to sit in my purse while its moving. She is in in right now, and any other time it is next to me, but NOT when it is over my shoulder! She's not havin any of that! Actually, I have 4 animals. My other lap dog is a 3-legged yellow lab, and then there are the cats, Misty (persian) and Tangelo ( flame-point siamese). they are such good kids. :) ps I really do love my family, but my doggy loves me most.

Hey Traci,

Where are you located? We’re supposed

to be single digits as well.

Jana

Vancouver wa

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008

5:28 PM

Subject: Re:

I'm a proud fur-mom of 5 Bichon Frise. Three of them are AKC champions

and the other two are 11 months old and waiting their turn in the ring.

This weekend the weather is supposed to get into single digits .. I never have

to worry about cold feet in bed with all of them sharing the quilt!

Bipley <Bipleygmail>

wrote:

Nope, not the only Mom to

furkids! I have the Shih Tzu (aka Bipley, her nickname), Mr. Benson

the Poodle, and Pickles the bunny. The rabbit and the Shih Tzu are best

buds. She gets along with, and plays better, with the rabbit than she

does the poodle.

I'm not really a poodle person but when I went to the rescue place to look at a

Shih Tzu they had, I found this quivering, horribly abused little tiny itty

bitty teacup poodle and I wasn't leaving him there. I got him with the

intent of finding him a home *I* knew would be good. Well, that was two

years ago. ;o)

On Jan 18, 2008 11:25 AM, cooladdict <cooladdict > wrote:

Wow Bipley. I thought I was the only proud " Doggy

Mommy " on here!

when I went to Mexico

for my surgery I called home to check on my

of that!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try

it now.

I never have to worry about cold feet in bed with all of them sharing the quilt

LOL! This is how I convinced my boyfriend that dogs were meant to sleep in bed (poor guy, only had ONE dog growing up.).

I explained to him that it was really very simple:

1) I put my freezing feeties on you

2) I put my freezing feeties under the dog.

I've since cured him of his aversion to dogs in bed. Heh.

Re: Re: Mushie food question

I'm a proud fur-mom of 5 Bichon Frise. Three of them are AKC champions and the other two are 11 months old and waiting their turn in the ring. This weekend the weather is supposed to get into single digits .. I never have to worry about cold feet in bed with all of them sharing the quilt!

Bipley <Bipleygmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Nope, not the only Mom to furkids! I have the Shih Tzu (aka Bipley, her nickname), Mr. Benson the Poodle, and Pickles the bunny. The rabbit and the Shih Tzu are best buds. She gets along with, and plays better, with the rabbit than she does the poodle. I'm not really a poodle person but when I went to the rescue place to look at a Shih Tzu they had, I found this quivering, horribly abused little tiny itty bitty teacup poodle and I wasn't leaving him there. I got him with the intent of finding him a home *I* knew would be good. Well, that was two years ago. ;o)

On Jan 18, 2008 11:25 AM, cooladdict <cooladdict (DOT) com> wrote:

Wow Bipley. I thought I was the only proud "Doggy Mommy" on here! when I went to Mexico for my surgery I called home to check on my little Lhatie. Oh yeah, and the husband and the kids. But I missed my wittle girly wirly wirly yes I did! When I got home she came barreling out the bedroom when she heard my voice and threw all 10 of her pounds at me! After we said hello THEN I got the rest of the family! I WISH she would behave enough to sit in my purse while its moving. She is in in right now, and any other time it is next to me, but NOT when it is over my shoulder! She's not havin any of that! Actually, I have 4 animals. My other lap dog is a 3-legged yellow lab, and then there are the cats, Misty (persian) and Tangelo ( flame-point siamese). they are such good kids. :) ps I really do love my family, but my doggy loves me most.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

hey Jana, I'm in South Bend, Indiana, where are you? Jana Willits <janawillits@...> wrote: Hey Traci, Where are you located? We’re supposed to be single digits as well. Jana Vancouver wa From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of

LewellenSent: Friday, January 18, 2008 5:28 PM Subject: Re: Re: Mushie food question I'm a proud fur-mom of 5 Bichon Frise. Three of them are AKC champions and the other two are 11 months old and waiting their turn in the ring. This weekend the weather is supposed to get into single digits .. I never have to worry about cold feet in bed with all of them sharing the quilt! Bipley <Bipleygmail> wrote: Nope, not the only Mom to furkids! I have the Shih Tzu (aka Bipley, her nickname), Mr. Benson the Poodle, and Pickles the bunny. The rabbit and the Shih Tzu are best buds. She gets along with, and plays better, with the rabbit than she does the poodle. I'm not really a

poodle person but when I went to the rescue place to look at a Shih Tzu they had, I found this quivering, horribly abused little tiny itty bitty teacup poodle and I wasn't leaving him there. I got him with the intent of finding him a home *I* knew would be good. Well, that was two years ago. ;o) On Jan 18, 2008 11:25 AM, cooladdict <cooladdict > wrote: Wow Bipley. I thought I was the only proud "Doggy Mommy" on here! when I went to Mexico for my surgery I called home to check on my little Lhatie. Oh yeah, and the husband and the kids. But I missed my wittle girly wirly

wirly yes I did! When I got home she came barreling out the bedroom when she heard my voice and threw all 10 of her pounds at me! After we said hello THEN I got the rest of the family! I WISH she would behave enough to sit in my purse while its moving. She is in in right now, and any other time it is next to me, but NOT when it is over my shoulder! She's not havin any of that! Actually, I have 4 animals. My other lap dog is a 3-legged yellow lab, and then there are the cats, Misty (persian) and Tangelo ( flame-point siamese). they are such good kids. :) ps I really do love my family, but my doggy loves me most. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

just a quick question is this the le that was in mexicalli the

weekend of the 11th January??? this is Danes wife annette

>

> Wow Bipley. I thought I was the only proud " Doggy Mommy " on here!

> when I went to Mexico for my surgery I called home to check on my

> little Lhatie. Oh yeah, and the husband and the kids.

>

> But I missed my wittle girly wirly wirly yes I did! When I got home

> she came barreling out the bedroom when she heard my voice and

threw

> all 10 of her pounds at me! After we said hello THEN I got the rest

> of the family! I WISH she would behave enough to sit in my purse

> while its moving. She is in in right now, and any other time it is

> next to me, but NOT when it is over my shoulder! She's not havin

any

> of that!

>

> Actually, I have 4 animals. My other lap dog is a 3-legged yellow

> lab, and then there are the cats, Misty (persian) and Tangelo (

flame-

> point siamese). they are such good kids. :)

>

> ps I really do love my family, but my doggy loves me most.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try it now.

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

> http://www./r/hs

>

Awesome idea, le! Thanks so much. I went to Trader Joes and they have

their own

version which I bought. I love Indian food, so this is great, as it has lots of

flavor.

Sharon

>

> Heeey, I had another idea for mushies.

>

> If you like Indian food, or at least like beans/lentils and don't mind trying

something

new, I *loved* this stuff:

>

> http://www.tastybite.com/product_p/i00002ml.htm

>

> The beans need to be mushed up a bit more then they are, but aside from that

it's quite

tasty and filling. Most larger markets have it in their ethnic aisle. They have

several

different flavors as well. For added protien you can take canned chicken, shred

the hell out

of it, and mix it in. You won't even need to chew it.

>

>

>

>

> Re: Mushie food question

>

> Thanks bipley! :o) I knew it wasn't the right way to phrase it about

> eating mushies and the reason why but I couldn't think how else to put

> it. You gave a great explanation and I appreciate it! :o)

>

> And I'm glad my dog doesn't think he needs to walk across my keyboard.

> It's bad enough as it is that he thinks he's a lap dog. He weighs

> nearly 70 lbs! :-O SNORK!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>