RemedySpot.com

Re: after a year struggles

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/7/2008 11:13:53 AM Pacific Standard Time, peninsulahair@... writes:

But it isnt just about the destination, it is about the journey! :-)

-

I'm starting with a big number too - my home scale was 402 the Friday we left for Mexicali on 12/28 - so I totally appreciate your post this morning (and frankly, having a fabulous ass down the road sounds like a great goal to me!)

Food happens to be our "thing" in this life - but at least I feel like we're better armed to fight against it now (even though I'm a slow recoverer!).

Good luck to you,

TrishStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

, I've been wondering about you. I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time right now. However little comfort it may be, please know you are NOT alone in your struggles. There are struggles that newbies have and they post so frequently on this board. All of us on here tend to cater to the needs of the newly banded or about to be banded people and not much attention is placed on the issues of those of us who are long-term bandsters. I think this is only natural, however, so I don't want anyone to think I am complaining. Those of us who have been banded love to be of assistance to all the new people and, believe me, we celebrate all those joys with each of you! But, that being said, there are needs, concerns, and frustrations those of us further along on the banded journey have to deal with. I think some of these issues will be with us forever. We just have to learn to

adapt to them. You are so right. Losing weight in the beginning is really quite easy compared to losing at the end. It is those last pounds, whether it is 60, 20, 10, or even 5 that seem like they will NEVER go away! I, like you, struggled so before I finally reached my goal and then went below. Do I always stay that low? NO! in fact, I sometimes go back up to around 148 if I'm not careful. I have had to learn, however, that even NORMAL people do this. I didn't worry about myself too much over the holidays. I ate what I wanted to eat. I just made a pact with myself, however, that in order for me to eat whatever I wanted to eat that day, I HAD to get up and run in the morning. That helped me only gain 4 pounds over Christmas. I have since lost those since I'm no longer at my dad's home where all the goodies were located. And, I knew I would do that.

I will say that if I had not made myself get up and run each day, I could have easily gained 10-12 pounds, no doubt. There is no denying it...I love to eat. Sweets are my biggest downfall. Pie, candy, cookies....unbelievable. I will always love these foods. I just have to constantly remind myself that if I want to enjoy them, I have to balance it out with exercise. When I run, say for 45 minutes straight and I'm dying, and I burn only around 350 calories doing so, if I look at the calorie count on a Skor candy bar (my favorite), I just have to consciously make the decision right there, "Is it really worth it???" Typically, I buy it anyway, and I split it over the next 3 days. I still get to eat it but I am balancing it out. I am the world's worst example of how to eat as a banded person. I like sweets way too much. Some people, like and Bipley, can give up sugar, white

flour, etc. but I just can't do it. I don't want to give ANYTHING up unless it just won't go down. I have just had to learn to adapt to my desires. Unfortunately, those desires are much stronger than I! I find that I am able to keep them under control while I'm at work whereas I'm not so strong at home. Therefore, I just try not to stay home when I'm having a hard time. I have also taken up knitting which keeps my hands busy. I go to bed early and I DON'T eat in my bedroom. I don't go to sleep all that early but I get my PJs on, brush my teeth, and get in bed to watch TV and I stay out of the kitchen that way. Don't give up. But, on the other hand, don't be so hard on yourself either. We have just completed the "eatingest" time of the year (like that word???). As you said, it is the beginning of a new year. It is time to get back on the band wagon and do what

we both know we need to do. Do you possibly need another fill? How many have you had? I've had 5 and the 5th one seems to be the perfect amount for me. I can eat pretty much what I want but I just can't eat much of it! I can try to trick my band but my band really doesn't fall for too much! You have come a long way, baby! Keep up the good work! Keep in touch! Jenni Currie DOB 2/23/06 247/145/138 5 fills 3 unfillspeninsulahair <peninsulahair@...> wrote: Hi all, I have written in quite some time. It has been about 15 months for me now. the first year just flew by and the weight just flew right off. But now it is a constant struggle to get one single pound to shed. arghhhhhhhh It has been really frustrating. I have actually been struggling with gaining a few pounds. I have been down to 217 as my lowest and then I will jump up to 225. right now I am sitting at 220. This is hard because I still have about 60 more pounds to go before I reach my goal. so I cant stop now, I am to close! And one of my frustrations has been the amount of working out that I have been doing. we joined the YMCA about 6 weeks ago and I go about 4-6 days a week. I started out doing about 45 minutes of cardio and then about 1/2 hour of weights. But I wasnt loosing so I stopped the weights for a few weeks because I thought maybe I

was bulking up to much or something. so now I am doing an hour of cardio and throwing some weights in here and there for good measure. But I can sit here and act all stumped by why I Have lost weight but when It comes right down to it and I stare the issue right in the face it boils down to food and calories again! I know in my heart of hearts that through the holidays and all the craziness I just was consuming way to many calories and for some of us we have to starve to loose weight, bottom line! so I guess that is why they say to get as much weight off in the first 12 months as you can because it gets harder from that point on. I think a lot of things happen. One your mind and reasons for eating really start to come back in full force. during the beginning when you are first banded you are so focused because you want to succeed and you are determined. they call this the "honeymoon" phase. But after that first year

you start to slip back into some of your old habits. and you slack off in your food area. oh a little of this or that wont hurt to bad. well calories add up so darn fast! and 800 calories really isnt anything! so it is way easy to eat very little and still go way over that mark. and I Think for some of us we have a love affair with food. and that starts to come back too! You can also find way to sort of trick your band a little bit so that you an eat more when you want too. So, all of this comes down to our ability to exercise some self control with our food issues! and that is where I am at right now, coming back into some control and taming that food beast. I think that this will be a life long struggle for all of us! But we can do this! I am happy that it is at the beginning of a new year, because it gives me a jumping off point. or a starting point to re focus on my food issues and get those last 60 lbs off. This

journey has changed my life in so many ways, and I am going to continue to allow it to change me! so here I go. I am going to keep working my ass off at the gym and by the way the ass is looking pretty freakin fabulous I might say!! lol lol But it is the gut that is still hanging around! I told my husband if I could just have that sucked out I would have the perfect body!! lol lol it is the last to go and it is hanging on with a vengeance!! lol :-) so lets do this people! and for all of you that are past the year mark and you know what I am talking about, then lets be a support to each other and keep this thing going. I think it is much harder for the people who start at larger numbers and I Know has always been a huge inspiration to me because she started in the larger numbers too. Like I see those commercials all the time where it says that the people lost about 120-130 lbs total and I think "wow that is where

I am at now, but I am not done yet". my total weight loss that I needed was almost 200 lbs, so that is a much larger hurdle to climb over. But it can and will be done and the victory will just be all that much sweeter!!! :-)sorry so long, but I havnt written in awhile and I have really been struggling, so I hope that maybe what I am going through will hit home with someone else and we can help each other to get where we want to be. But it isnt just about the destination, it is about the journey! :-)take care,big hugs,dob 10/6/06(342) 322/220/160

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

, it is so good to hear from you and your progress. You and I were banded around the same time (9/06 for me). It has been a good year but I am struggling, too. I am half way to my goal. I am also determined that this year will be it for me. I am at a point hovering between 195-200 now that the holidays are over. Went back on program today. I'm still looking for an exercise program I can convince myself to join. This is one of those things that I know from an intellectual standpoint that I must do. Yet, the old me loves to come home from work, fix dinner, eat, clean up and PLOP!

I share your frustration but am sure we all agree that we made the right choice and will never go back. The holidays were difficult. I had no restriction due to an unfill. I really enjoyed it, though. The fill I got in December isn't giving me the restriction I need. I can eat normal amounts--even eggs again. I am enjoying it now because I feel that another fill may take that pleasure away. I hope your new year is fabulous and that tiny butt is right around the corner. Stay in touch!

C

Tampa

> > From: peninsulahair@...> Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:10:15 +0000> Subject: after a year struggles> > Hi all, I have written in quite some time. It has been about 15 > months for me now. the first year just flew by and the weight just > flew right off. But now it is a constant struggle to get one single > pound to shed. arghhhhhhhh It has been really frustrating. I have > actually been struggling with gaining a few pounds. I have been down > to 217 as my lowest and then I will jump up to 225. right now I am > sitting at 220. This is hard because I still have about 60 more > pounds to go before I reach my goal. so I cant stop now, I am to > close! And one of my frustrations has been the amount of working out > that I have been doing. we joined the YMCA about 6 weeks ago and I > go about 4-6 days a week. I started out doing about 45 minutes of > cardio and then about 1/2 hour of weights. But I wasnt loosing so I > stopped the weights for a few weeks because I thought maybe I was > bulking up to much or something. so now I am doing an hour of cardio > and throwing some weights in here and there for good measure. But I > can sit here and act all stumped by why I Have lost weight but when > It comes right down to it and I stare the issue right in the face it > boils down to food and calories again! I know in my heart of hearts > that through the holidays and all the craziness I just was consuming > way to many calories and for some of us we have to starve to loose > weight, bottom line! so I guess that is why they say to get as much > weight off in the first 12 months as you can because it gets harder > from that point on. I think a lot of things happen. One your mind > and reasons for eating really start to come back in full force. > during the beginning when you are first banded you are so focused > because you want to succeed and you are determined. they call this > the "honeymoon" phase. But after that first year you start to slip > back into some of your old habits. and you slack off in your food > area. oh a little of this or that wont hurt to bad. well calories > add up so darn fast! and 800 calories really isnt anything! so it > is way easy to eat very little and still go way over that mark. and > I Think for some of us we have a love affair with food. and that > starts to come back too! You can also find way to sort of trick your > band a little bit so that you an eat more when you want too. So, all > of this comes down to our ability to exercise some self control with > our food issues! and that is where I am at right now, coming back > into some control and taming that food beast. I think that this will > be a life long struggle for all of us! But we can do this! I am > happy that it is at the beginning of a new year, because it gives me > a jumping off point. or a starting point to re focus on my food > issues and get those last 60 lbs off. This journey has changed my > life in so many ways, and I am going to continue to allow it to > change me! so here I go. I am going to keep working my ass off at > the gym and by the way the ass is looking pretty freakin fabulous I > might say!! lol lol But it is the gut that is still hanging around! > I told my husband if I could just have that sucked out I would have > the perfect body!! lol lol it is the last to go and it is hanging on > with a vengeance!! lol :-) so lets do this people! and for all of > you that are past the year mark and you know what I am talking about, > then lets be a support to each other and keep this thing going. I > think it is much harder for the people who start at larger numbers > and I Know has always been a huge inspiration to me because she > started in the larger numbers too. Like I see those commercials all > the time where it says that the people lost about 120-130 lbs total > and I think "wow that is where I am at now, but I am not done yet". > my total weight loss that I needed was almost 200 lbs, so that is a > much larger hurdle to climb over. But it can and will be done and > the victory will just be all that much sweeter!!! :-)> sorry so long, but I havnt written in awhile and I have really been > struggling, so I hope that maybe what I am going through will hit > home with someone else and we can help each other to get where we > want to be. But it isnt just about the destination, it is about the > journey! :-)> take care,> big hugs,> > dob 10/6/06> (342) 322/220/160> > > > >

Well, here's my two cents worth.... When you exercise, you build muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less space on your body. (Most of us would have to exercise MUCH more than we do to "bulk up". But you CAN gain muscle weight and end up weighing more than last week even as your body is getting and looking more lean and fit. The 7 lb gain could be muscle. I say this in all seriousness but only you can sense that. But you have to think about it first. A lot of people forget the muscle weight gain factor. As hard as it is to get off the scale, however often you are weighing, weight less often. Start looking at the way your clothes fit and the shape your body is taking. Keep drinking your water. If you're getting into salt -- packaged food has a lot of sodium -- maybe cut back on that. Caffeine helps you

retain water, so if you drink coffee, maybe make it (Swiss water-processed organic ) decaf coffee and, in any event, don't drink much of it. I totally get it that you may have eaten too much over the holidays. Now the holidays are over and you have several months to get into a routine that will serve you again. Let the holiday jitters go and set your focus to the months to come... another 60 lbs gone by next November. That's a phenomenal amount of weight in 11 months. Hang in there. You're doing fantastic! You're already a success. One step at a time....one day at a time. peninsulahair <peninsulahair@...> wrote: Hi all, I have written in quite some time. It has been about 15 months for me now. the first year just flew by and the weight just flew right off. But now it is a constant struggle to get one single pound to shed. arghhhhhhhh It has been really frustrating. I have actually been struggling with gaining a few pounds. I have been down to 217 as my lowest and then I will jump up to 225. right now I am sitting at 220. This is hard because I still have about 60 more pounds to go before I reach my goal. so I cant stop now, I am to close! And one of my frustrations has been the amount of working out that I have been doing. we joined the YMCA about 6 weeks ago and I go about 4-6 days a week. I started out doing

about 45 minutes of cardio and then about 1/2 hour of weights. But I wasnt loosing so I stopped the weights for a few weeks because I thought maybe I was bulking up to much or something. so now I am doing an hour of cardio and throwing some weights in here and there for good measure. But I can sit here and act all stumped by why I Have lost weight but when It comes right down to it and I stare the issue right in the face it boils down to food and calories again! I know in my heart of hearts that through the holidays and all the craziness I just was consuming way to many calories and for some of us we have to starve to loose weight, bottom line! so I guess that is why they say to get as much weight off in the first 12 months as you can because it gets harder from that point on. I think a lot of things happen. One your mind and reasons for eating really start to come back in full force. during the beginning when you are

first banded you are so focused because you want to succeed and you are determined. they call this the "honeymoon" phase. But after that first year you start to slip back into some of your old habits. and you slack off in your food area. oh a little of this or that wont hurt to bad. well calories add up so darn fast! and 800 calories really isnt anything! so it is way easy to eat very little and still go way over that mark. and I Think for some of us we have a love affair with food. and that starts to come back too! You can also find way to sort of trick your band a little bit so that you an eat more when you want too. So, all of this comes down to our ability to exercise some self control with our food issues! and that is where I am at right now, coming back into some control and taming that food beast. I think that this will be a life long struggle for all of us! But we can do this! I am happy that it is at the

beginning of a new year, because it gives me a jumping off point. or a starting point to re focus on my food issues and get those last 60 lbs off. This journey has changed my life in so many ways, and I am going to continue to allow it to change me! so here I go. I am going to keep working my ass off at the gym and by the way the ass is looking pretty freakin fabulous I might say!! lol lol But it is the gut that is still hanging around! I told my husband if I could just have that sucked out I would have the perfect body!! lol lol it is the last to go and it is hanging on with a vengeance!! lol :-) so lets do this people! and for all of you that are past the year mark and you know what I am talking about, then lets be a support to each other and keep this thing going. I think it is much harder for the people who start at larger numbers and I Know has always been a huge inspiration to me because she started in the

larger numbers too. Like I see those commercials all the time where it says that the people lost about 120-130 lbs total and I think "wow that is where I am at now, but I am not done yet". my total weight loss that I needed was almost 200 lbs, so that is a much larger hurdle to climb over. But it can and will be done and the victory will just be all that much sweeter!!! :-)sorry so long, but I havnt written in awhile and I have really been struggling, so I hope that maybe what I am going through will hit home with someone else and we can help each other to get where we want to be. But it isnt just about the destination, it is about the journey! :-)take care,big hugs,dob 10/6/06(342) 322/220/160

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Thanks so much and Jennie, I too have had the same feelings,it

gets very difficult and hearing you is just what I needed. You do

feel alone and it is nice to hear people gong through the same

struggles.Keep the posts coming, I hope to one day meet you andgive

you a BIG hug. Jennie you are always amazing, and I can't wait to see

you too.

delBosque

300/194/150

DOB 12/28/2006

> Hi all, I have written in quite some time. It has been

about 15

> months for me now. the first year just flew by and the weight just

> flew right off. But now it is a constant struggle to get one single

> pound to shed. arghhhhhhhh It has been really frustrating. I have

> actually been struggling with gaining a few pounds. I have been

down

> to 217 as my lowest and then I will jump up to 225. right now I am

> sitting at 220. This is hard because I still have about 60 more

> pounds to go before I reach my goal. so I cant stop now, I am to

> close! And one of my frustrations has been the amount of working

out

> that I have been doing. we joined the YMCA about 6 weeks ago and I

> go about 4-6 days a week. I started out doing about 45 minutes of

> cardio and then about 1/2 hour of weights. But I wasnt loosing so I

> stopped the weights for a few weeks because I thought maybe I was

> bulking up to much or something. so now I am doing an hour of

cardio

> and throwing some weights in here and there for good measure. But I

> can sit here and act all stumped by why I Have lost weight but when

> It comes right down to it and I stare the issue right in the face

it

> boils down to food and calories again! I know in my heart of hearts

> that through the holidays and all the craziness I just was

consuming

> way to many calories and for some of us we have to starve to loose

> weight, bottom line! so I guess that is why they say to get as much

> weight off in the first 12 months as you can because it gets harder

> from that point on. I think a lot of things happen. One your mind

> and reasons for eating really start to come back in full force.

> during the beginning when you are first banded you are so focused

> because you want to succeed and you are determined. they call this

> the " honeymoon " phase. But after that first year you start to slip

> back into some of your old habits. and you slack off in your food

> area. oh a little of this or that wont hurt to bad. well calories

> add up so darn fast! and 800 calories really isnt anything! so it

> is way easy to eat very little and still go way over that mark. and

> I Think for some of us we have a love affair with food. and that

> starts to come back too! You can also find way to sort of trick

your

> band a little bit so that you an eat more when you want too. So,

all

> of this comes down to our ability to exercise some self control

with

> our food issues! and that is where I am at right now, coming back

> into some control and taming that food beast. I think that this

will

> be a life long struggle for all of us! But we can do this! I am

> happy that it is at the beginning of a new year, because it gives

me

> a jumping off point. or a starting point to re focus on my food

> issues and get those last 60 lbs off. This journey has changed my

> life in so many ways, and I am going to continue to allow it to

> change me! so here I go. I am going to keep working my ass off at

> the gym and by the way the ass is looking pretty freakin fabulous I

> might say!! lol lol But it is the gut that is still hanging around!

> I told my husband if I could just have that sucked out I would have

> the perfect body!! lol lol it is the last to go and it is hanging

on

> with a vengeance!! lol :-) so lets do this people! and for all of

> you that are past the year mark and you know what I am talking

about,

> then lets be a support to each other and keep this thing going. I

> think it is much harder for the people who start at larger numbers

> and I Know has always been a huge inspiration to me because

she

> started in the larger numbers too. Like I see those commercials all

> the time where it says that the people lost about 120-130 lbs total

> and I think " wow that is where I am at now, but I am not done yet " .

> my total weight loss that I needed was almost 200 lbs, so that is a

> much larger hurdle to climb over. But it can and will be done and

> the victory will just be all that much sweeter!!! :-)

> sorry so long, but I havnt written in awhile and I have really been

> struggling, so I hope that maybe what I am going through will hit

> home with someone else and we can help each other to get where we

> want to be. But it isnt just about the destination, it is about the

> journey! :-)

> take care,

> big hugs,

>

> dob 10/6/06

> (342) 322/220/160

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

Hi

I hear you!!!!! I've been at the same place you are for a year! Last

year at this time I decided to get a little tweak in my band and lose

the rest of this weight (15 lbs.) Wrong move! It was too tight and

it took almost 6 months and an emergency trip to Mexicali to get it

right! (I actually got to my goal but it was through dehydration and I

gained 10-15 lbs back) Since June I have been at what I think is the

right place " lapbandwise " but have been bouncing 5-8 lbs. You are so

right about the fact that it is the type of foods and exercise that

keep us from our goals! I am now doing americaonthemove.com and

fitday.com. It is a real eye opener to see how many calories we

actually eat a day. If anyone wants to be a Challenge Buddy on

americaonthemove.com just put my email address in and I will be there

for you! Let's get this done this year!!! I still love my band and

it is still working--I just want to get my head straight.

best wishes to all,

Penny in Colorado

pmanvill@...

PS: A while back someone recommended to me a DVD called " Walk Away

the Pounds " with Sansome (sp?) Since the snow is so deep now I

can't get out and walk, I do it and it is a great workout without

taking up a lot of room and it is very low impact too. Just a thought

for those of you who don't have access to a gym or Curves but still

want a good aerobic workout.

>

> Hi all, I have written in quite some time. It has been about 15

> actually been struggling with gaining a few pounds. I have been down

> close! And one of my frustrations has been the amount of working out

> bulking up to much or something. so now I am doing an hour of cardio

> It comes right down to it and I stare the issue right in the face it

> that through the holidays and all the craziness I just was consuming

> starts to come back too! You can also find way to sort of trick your

> band a little bit so that you an eat more when you want too. So, all

> of this comes down to our ability to exercise some self control with

> into some control and taming that food beast. I think that this will

> happy that it is at the beginning of a new year, because it gives me

> the perfect body!! lol lol it is the last to go and it is hanging on

> you that are past the year mark and you know what I am talking about,

> and I Know has always been a huge inspiration to me because she

> take care,

> big hugs,

>

> dob 10/6/06

> (342) 322/220/160

>

Hi Jenni

Yup....You just described me too! But I still like the challenge of

reaching the goal I set for myself and I am not there yet. I just

want to say I made it once! Then I think I can live with the bouncing

and balancing you talk about. Dr. Aceves even told me I should stay

where I am and go for the " quality of life " . But.... I still feel

about 10-15 lbs over where I want to be! I know with the band as my

buddy I can do it so wish me luck!

Penny in Colorado

PS did you get the pictures I sent you?

about 15

> actually been struggling with gaining a few pounds. I have been down

> close! And one of my frustrations has been the amount of working out

> bulking up to much or something. so now I am doing an hour of cardio

> It comes right down to it and I stare the issue right in the face it

> that through the holidays and all the craziness I just was consuming

> starts to come back too! You can also find way to sort of trick your

> band a little bit so that you an eat more when you want too. So, all

> of this comes down to our ability to exercise some self control with

> into some control and taming that food beast. I think that this will

> happy that it is at the beginning of a new year, because it gives me

> the perfect body!! lol lol it is the last to go and it is hanging on

> you that are past the year mark and you know what I am talking about,

> and I Know has always been a huge inspiration to me because she

> take care,

> big hugs,

>

> dob 10/6/06

> (342) 322/220/160

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Hi

You are so right about getting back into exercise! I finally just

FORCED myself to set up the DVD player and get out the Walk Away the

Pounds DVD. Once I did it and got started again it has been great! I

feel so much better and it has become easier each day to make myself

get up and get going! This is your official " kick in the butt " from

me to you! I hope you get back on track!

Best wishes,

Penny in Colorado

>

> , it is so good to hear from you and your progress. You and I

were banded around the same time (9/06 for me). It has been a good

year but I am struggling, too. I am half way to my goal. I am also

determined that this year will be it for me. I am at a point hovering

between 195-200 now that the holidays are over. Went back on program

today. I'm still looking for an exercise program I can convince

myself to join. This is one of those things that I know from an

intellectual standpoint that I must do. Yet, the old me loves to come

home from work, fix dinner, eat, clean up and PLOP!

> I share your frustration but am sure we all agree that we made the

right choice and will never go back. The holidays were difficult. I

had no restriction due to an unfill. I really enjoyed it, though.

The fill I got in December isn't giving me the restriction I need. I

can eat normal amounts--even eggs again. I am enjoying it now because

I feel that another fill may take that pleasure away. I hope your new

year is fabulous and that tiny butt is right around the corner. Stay

in touch!

> C

> Tampa

>

Hi , , , Jenni, etc., etc,etc.

You have done such a great job and look so good! I hope you take

heart and get determined to finish your journey to goal and get on

with our life's journey! You are enjoying the rewards of weight loss

already so revel in the little things you can now do and enjoy them to

the hilt. I know I do, so I really shouldn't be complaining but I

also know some of us just HAVE to meet the challenge of reaching our

goal no matter how long it takes! But let's not forget to enjoy the

moments we are having now as less heavy people! This is our life and

we need to savor these times. Here's to all the NSV's both big and

small that come with our weight losses! Let's reflect on them, too,

this new year!

Best wishes to all us " old timers " AND all the newbies as well!

Penny in Colorado

> > Hi all, I have written in quite some time. It has been

> about 15

> > months for me now. the first year just flew by and the weight just

> > flew right off. But now it is a constant struggle to get one single

> > pound to shed. arghhhhhhhh It has been really frustrating. I have

> > actually been struggling with gaining a few pounds. I have been

> down

> > to 217 as my lowest and then I will jump up to 225. right now I am

> > sitting at 220. This is hard because I still have about 60 more

> > pounds to go before I reach my goal. so I cant stop now, I am to

> > close! And one of my frustrations has been the amount of working

> out

> > that I have been doing. we joined the YMCA about 6 weeks ago and I

> > go about 4-6 days a week. I started out doing about 45 minutes of

> > cardio and then about 1/2 hour of weights. But I wasnt loosing so I

> > stopped the weights for a few weeks because I thought maybe I was

> > bulking up to much or something. so now I am doing an hour of

> cardio

> > and throwing some weights in here and there for good measure. But I

> > can sit here and act all stumped by why I Have lost weight but when

> > It comes right down to it and I stare the issue right in the face

> it

> > boils down to food and calories again! I know in my heart of hearts

> > that through the holidays and all the craziness I just was

> consuming

> > way to many calories and for some of us we have to starve to loose

> > weight, bottom line! so I guess that is why they say to get as much

> > weight off in the first 12 months as you can because it gets harder

> > from that point on. I think a lot of things happen. One your mind

> > and reasons for eating really start to come back in full force.

> > during the beginning when you are first banded you are so focused

> > because you want to succeed and you are determined. they call this

> > the " honeymoon " phase. But after that first year you start to slip

> > back into some of your old habits. and you slack off in your food

> > area. oh a little of this or that wont hurt to bad. well calories

> > add up so darn fast! and 800 calories really isnt anything! so it

> > is way easy to eat very little and still go way over that mark. and

> > I Think for some of us we have a love affair with food. and that

> > starts to come back too! You can also find way to sort of trick

> your

> > band a little bit so that you an eat more when you want too. So,

> all

> > of this comes down to our ability to exercise some self control

> with

> > our food issues! and that is where I am at right now, coming back

> > into some control and taming that food beast. I think that this

> will

> > be a life long struggle for all of us! But we can do this! I am

> > happy that it is at the beginning of a new year, because it gives

> me

> > a jumping off point. or a starting point to re focus on my food

> > issues and get those last 60 lbs off. This journey has changed my

> > life in so many ways, and I am going to continue to allow it to

> > change me! so here I go. I am going to keep working my ass off at

> > the gym and by the way the ass is looking pretty freakin fabulous I

> > might say!! lol lol But it is the gut that is still hanging around!

> > I told my husband if I could just have that sucked out I would have

> > the perfect body!! lol lol it is the last to go and it is hanging

> on

> > with a vengeance!! lol :-) so lets do this people! and for all of

> > you that are past the year mark and you know what I am talking

> about,

> > then lets be a support to each other and keep this thing going. I

> > think it is much harder for the people who start at larger numbers

> > and I Know has always been a huge inspiration to me because

> she

> > started in the larger numbers too. Like I see those commercials all

> > the time where it says that the people lost about 120-130 lbs total

> > and I think " wow that is where I am at now, but I am not done yet " .

> > my total weight loss that I needed was almost 200 lbs, so that is a

> > much larger hurdle to climb over. But it can and will be done and

> > the victory will just be all that much sweeter!!! :-)

> > sorry so long, but I havnt written in awhile and I have really been

> > struggling, so I hope that maybe what I am going through will hit

> > home with someone else and we can help each other to get where we

> > want to be. But it isnt just about the destination, it is about the

> > journey! :-)

> > take care,

> > big hugs,

> >

> > dob 10/6/06

> > (342) 322/220/160

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

> >

>

Penny, thanks for the thoughts. I accept the "kick in the butt" and just as soon as I recover from this darn sinus infection, I will be back on the trail again. I have been sick all week and am back on amoxicillin and a decongestant. I'm just praying the meds don't upset my stoma as it did in the fall that led to my pre-slip condition and unfill. You keep up the DVD exercise.

C

Tampa This is your official "kick in the butt" from> me to you! I hope you get back on track!> Best wishes,> Penny in Colorado> > > <*>

I sure hope you are on the mend! I know that the sinus condition

would put me on liquids only right now! Anything like a cold or cough

cause me to swell up. I didn't know your band had slipped! What a

bummer. I hope everything stays put now and you get back on track.

Best wishes

Penny

>

> Penny, thanks for the thoughts. I accept the " kick in the butt " and

just as soon as I recover from this darn sinus infection, I will be

back on the trail again. I have been sick all week and am back on

amoxicillin and a decongestant. I'm just praying the meds don't

upset my stoma as it did in the fall that led to my pre-slip condition

and unfill. You keep up the DVD exercise.

> C

>

Thank you ladies for your words of encouragement. I always love the

support I get on this group, you guys are really the best!! :-)

sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have not been online

much lately at all. since i Have started working out in the evenings

I am a busy, busy girl. :-) But I want to report that after my post

last week I started to see that scale move again!! :-) something I

did differently is that I started to eat something every 2-3 hours.

Sometimes it is easy to miss eating when you are busy. But I am

convinced that I was working out so hard and maybe not keeping my

body fueled in the right way? or maybe my body just decided to

release again. sometimes the body looses when it wants to and not

when we want it too. I did really good all week and then this

weekend we were invited to a lodge in the mountains with some friends

and we ate, drank and were pretty merry. so now I am afraid to get

on the scale. that is another down fall for me lately, doing good

all week and then having to much fun on the weekends. lol :-) But I

got the gals to get off their butts and go snowshoeing, so that

burned off some of those cals. I just cant sit around now that I

have lost weight! I have to do stuff and I have to try new stuff!!

It is the best life ever!! :-)

everyone have a great week! we are going out of town again this

weekend, so I have to be careful on my eating! :-)

take care,

dob 10/6/06

(342) 322/216/160

about 15

> actually been struggling with gaining a few pounds. I have been

down

> close! And one of my frustrations has been the amount of working

out

> bulking up to much or something. so now I am doing an hour of

cardio

> It comes right down to it and I stare the issue right in the face

it

> that through the holidays and all the craziness I just was

consuming

> starts to come back too! You can also find way to sort of trick

your

> band a little bit so that you an eat more when you want too. So,

all

> of this comes down to our ability to exercise some self control

with

> into some control and taming that food beast. I think that this

will

> happy that it is at the beginning of a new year, because it gives

me

> the perfect body!! lol lol it is the last to go and it is hanging

on

> you that are past the year mark and you know what I am talking

about,

> and I Know has always been a huge inspiration to me because

she

> sorry so long, but I have written in awhile and I have really been

> take care,

> big hugs,

>

> dob 10/6/06

> (342) 322/220/160

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>