RemedySpot.com

RE: another fill perhaps? I can't be sure -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

in order for me to get to the right amount of restriction i had to have 4 or 5 fills. i think that if you were tight enough you would know - keep going back until you are where you need to be. i too was where you are at right now....wondering....am i or am i not tight enough... i say dont hesitate and keep going back. i was the same way right after a fill they would work and then a couple of weeks later it was like the band no longer as snug. but once you get to where you need to be the fill should last longer. and then you wont to be doing so much maintenance. i think dr. a is more conservative with his fills - which is good. and i think that you were filling up your esphogus you would definately know that as well. you can feel the food backing up. also for me being that my restriction is so good i cannot eat and lay

down i have to stay upright. caprisechriswhittome <chriswhittome@...> wrote: Hi everyone,I was hoping that an experienced bandster might be able to help mewith a little advice. I was banded in October and lost a significant20 lbs in weight, but then soon gained about 10lbs when I went backonto solid food. I have since been banded - the first time didn't makeany difference and was banded 2 weeks later which at first felt likeit made a significant difference (so I thought)

but it hasn't lastedlong. I am trying to go by the rules. One thing that Dr Aceves saidwas that I may be filling myself up beyond the new gastric pouch andfilling my esophagus. I hear people on the forum saying that once theyhave had a few pieces of food they simply 'cannot' eat any more evenif they tried. Why am I different? I thought that once I filled my newgastric pouch I would feel full and PB. I do PB sometimes, but this isnot when I am full, but when I haven't chewed something properly -especially bread which I now don't eat.Maybe I need another fill because food is going down faster then itshould?I have tested myself today to see how long it takes before I am hungryagain.I have had a 10 inch flour tortilla (unrolled diameter) with turkey (3wafer slices) and 2 slices of cheddar cheese at 12. It is now 3pm andI am hungryQuestion: How long should food stay in my new gastric

pouch?Tnanks to anyone who may hold an answer.Chris

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

HI, Chris. I take that your references to "since been banded" refers to getting a fill. If that is correct, then it appears that you have had two fills. If you are hungry after only three hours, it may mean that you are not getting enough protein with you meals. What are you eating at breakfast? if not solids, are you having a protein drink? For lunch, you may want to try a salad with meat to get volume in your tummy. If you are hungry in a short amount of time, try another protein drink. Be sure also that you are drinking your water and spreading it out throughout the day--maybe three glasses before lunch, 3-4 in the afternoon and another before you go to bed. For dinner a meat and salad and veggies are good. If you have a need for something to top you off before bedtime, try some sugar free jello or sugar free pudding until you can get yourself satisfied and on an even keel. Are you walking or doing some exercise? After all of this if you are still getting hungry, you may indeed need another fill. If you are getting your fills with a fluro xray you can tell what and how much restriction you have in your band. Good luck. I'm sure some of our other bandster friends may have additional suggestions for you.

C

Tampa

> > From: chriswhittome@...> Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 23:17:05 +0000> Subject: another fill perhaps? I can't be sure -> > Hi everyone,> > I was hoping that an experienced bandster might be able to help me> with a little advice. I was banded in October and lost a significant> 20 lbs in weight, but then soon gained about 10lbs when I went back> onto solid food. I have since been banded - the first time didn't make> any difference and was banded 2 weeks later which at first felt like> it made a significant difference (so I thought) but it hasn't lasted> long. I am trying to go by the rules. One thing that Dr Aceves said> was that I may be filling myself up beyond the new gastric pouch and> filling my esophagus. I hear people on the forum saying that once they> have had a few pieces of food they simply 'cannot' eat any more even> if they tried. Why am I different? I thought that once I filled my new> gastric pouch I would feel full and PB. I do PB sometimes, but this is> not when I am full, but when I haven't chewed something properly -> especially bread which I now don't eat.> > Maybe I need another fill because food is going down faster then it> should?> > I have tested myself today to see how long it takes before I am hungry> again.> > I have had a 10 inch flour tortilla (unrolled diameter) with turkey (3> wafer slices) and 2 slices of cheddar cheese at 12. It is now 3pm and> I am hungry> > Question: How long should food stay in my new gastric pouch?> > Tnanks to anyone who may hold an answer.> > Chris> > > > > > >

//I hear people on the forum saying that once they

have had a few pieces of food they simply 'cannot' eat any more even

if they tried. Why am I different? I thought that once I filled my new

gastric pouch I would feel full and PB. I do PB sometimes, but this is

not when I am full, but when I haven't chewed something properly -

especially bread which I now don't eat.//HI I've been doing this for almost a year and I'm amazed at how many questions I still have :) Don't get frustrated, just keep asking the questions and we will all work toward our common goal. I was at that "sweet spot" for about 5 months, I just got another fill to get back to the "sweet spot". Only when I'm too tight can I only eat a couple of bites. When I am at a point that I feel comfortable with what I'm eating it feels like this... Around 10 AM I drink a decaf Non-fat Sugar Free Caramel Latte - I have a machine at home and make them so I know exactly what is in it :), Around 2 PM I mix up tuna in mayo (sometimes I make it in Vanilla yogurt or plain yogurt, but it just doesn't taste as good) and I eat about 1/2 a "bag" of tuna on crackers - multi grain, around 6 or 7 pm I'm ready to eat again and I will have a little of what my family is having. If I can't eat

what they are - say if it is sandwiches - I will eat some sweet potatoes or maybe more tuna. When I'm full, I don't PB. I only PB when I haven't chewed or I'm trying to eat bread - just like you. When I'm eating I have to slow down to get the signals, first one is my nose starts to run, usually I'm eating too fast to catch that one ;) Then while I'm eating I start to get pain in my shoulder, that is my signal that I had better not take one more bite, if I do, my shoulder will hurt BAD!! I don't even get the sensation of PBing so don't watch for that as your "stop" sign. Some people burp or get the hiccups, slow down and watch what your body is telling you.The longer I go with out drinking after a meal, the longer I feel full. As soon as I drink I can start over again. Now this can be a catch 22 with trying to get all your water in. One thing I ask myself, is... Am I hungry or do I just need

some water? Usually I realize I need a drink, I have a drink of water and that feeling of hunger goes away, I walk away from the kitchen and I get busy doing something else. If you eat every time your "head" says you are hungry you will "out smart" your band and not lose weight. Or should I say "out dumb" your band :) :) //

I have had a 10 inch flour tortilla (unrolled diameter) with turkey (3

wafer slices) and 2 slices of cheddar cheese at 12. It is now 3pm and

I am hungry//This much food would stay in my band for longer than 3 hours, more like 4 or even 5 hours. But again, is the food staying and your "head hunger" is telling you it isn't. Another thing that helps me is to remember that my new stomach is about the size of my thumb. When I think about that my "head" seems to be able to wrap around the thought that I don't NEED that much food. I remember in the beginning of this journey my head saying, "you can't possibly live on this little amount of food", those thoughts have gotten better as I get used to eating like a healthy person and not the overweight person I used to be. :)I wish you much success, listen to everyone's advice and try what works for you. Another thought, if you are following the rules and not listening to head hunger and you think you need a fill, you probably do :) I can't remember what you said, are your fills under fluro? That

would be a good indicator too. Take care, Cyrena WeeksDOB: 1/19/07240/148/150www.cyrenaweeks.blogspot.com