RemedySpot.com

Re: back to your corners.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks a,

I was wondering the same thing...where is the moderator?

When the name calling began, it all should have been stopped in its tracks immediately.

I agree that everyone should have the right to express their opinion however personal attacks should be off-limits always.

As a trained researcher, I believe that we should back up our quotes with links to the research especially when others are using the information we may quote to make very important decisions.

It seems there is a lot of free time here that we could use to feed the homeless, read to a child or help out a senior citizen with some chores.

Imagine if all the energy going into the emails for the past couple of days were used for something more positive.

a

DOB May 9th,2008

(365) 345/291/170

Ready for fill # 2

From: knitteralaska <knitteralaska@...>Subject: back to your corners. Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 5:34 AM

wow what happened? I hope this doesn't happen often. I was on a veryenjoyable group that ended up dying because of arguments. I readthrough everyone's arguments and I believe that everyone has validpoints and that everyone is very passionate as well and that we allthink our ways are best. I am not a mod on this group but I am a modon another group and from what I have seen in my years in I believe that for a group to thrive there has to be some basic rules.One would be that when a mod says discussion is over on group then itis over on group of course it can be continued on personal emails.Also when something is a personal attack then it shouldn't be put ongroup. Now I know that all messages are going through someone beforebeing allowed on here so the question is who dropped the ball? -a in Alaska

Congrats a on hitting the " 2 " s!!!

---- a <bandedatlast@...> wrote:

> Thanks a,

>  

> I was wondering the same thing...where is the moderator?

>  

> When the name calling began, it all should have been stopped in its tracks

immediately.

>  

> I agree that everyone should have the right to express their opinion however

personal attacks should be off-limits always.

>  

> As a trained researcher, I believe that we should back up our quotes with

links to the research especially when others are using the information we may

quote to make very important decisions.

>

> It seems there is a lot of free time here that we could use to feed the

homeless, read to a child or help out a senior citizen with some chores.

>  

> Imagine if all the energy going into the emails for the past couple of days

were used for something more positive.

>  

> a

>

> DOB May 9th,2008

> (365) 345/291/170

> Ready for fill # 2

>  

>

>

>

> From: knitteralaska <knitteralaska@...>

> Subject: back to your corners.

>

> Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 5:34 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> wow what happened? I hope this doesn't happen often. I was on a very

> enjoyable group that ended up dying because of arguments. I read

> through everyone's arguments and I believe that everyone has valid

> points and that everyone is very passionate as well and that we all

> think our ways are best. I am not a mod on this group but I am a mod

> on another group and from what I have seen in my years in

> I believe that for a group to thrive there has to be some basic rules.

> One would be that when a mod says discussion is over on group then it

> is over on group of course it can be continued on personal emails.

> Also when something is a personal attack then it shouldn't be put on

> group. Now I know that all messages are going through someone before

> being allowed on here so the question is who dropped the ball? -

> a in Alaska

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Thanks Nadine,

I am so happy that I am out of the 300s once and for all.

I've been stuck here a few weeks so I've stepped up the exercise to 5 days a week and not having any pumpkin pie in the house will help too.

I feel much better than I did a year ago although I'm having significant right hip pain.

After numerous negative xrays, my doc thought it just might be from my change in posture because of the weight loss.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas? a

DOB May 9th,2008

(365) 345/291/170

In need of fill # 2 > > From: knitteralaska <knitteralaska>> Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] back to your corners.> @groups. com> Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 5:34 AM> > > > > > > wow what happened? I hope this doesn't happen often. I was on a very> enjoyable

group that ended up dying because of arguments. I read> through everyone's arguments and I believe that everyone has valid> points and that everyone is very passionate as well and that we all> think our ways are best. I am not a mod on this group but I am a mod> on another group and from what I have seen in my years in > I believe that for a group to thrive there has to be some basic rules.> One would be that when a mod says discussion is over on group then it> is over on group of course it can be continued on personal emails.> Also when something is a personal attack then it shouldn't be put on> group. Now I know that all messages are going through someone before> being allowed on here so the question is who dropped the ball? -> a in Alaska> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > >

My hips hurt while I am sleeping....meaning I can feel them when I move

positions. During the day they are fine. I always thought it was because I

work out a lot but last week I sprained my ankle and could not work out and I

still had the pain. I was thinking maybe it residual pain from being way over

300 pounds for almost 10 years.

Keep up the good work and you will see results. This is an awfully challenging

time of the year to lose weight. I do not know about you but I have a pattern

of losing weight it took some months and freak outs to figure this out, but I

only lose weight once a month. For a few days a month the scale with go down

for a couple days in a row and significantly and then boom I gain back 1/2 of

the weight I just lost and in about 4 weeks that weight will come off plus some

additional. Just a thought.

I am so happy for you a. I bet you are feeling so much better. More good

things are going to come your way. :)

Happy Holidays,

Nadine

---- a <bandedatlast@...> wrote:

> Thanks Nadine,

>  

> I am so happy that I am out of the 300s once and for all.

>  

> I've been stuck here a few weeks so I've stepped up the exercise to 5 days a

week and not having any pumpkin pie in the house will help too.

> I feel much better than I did a year ago although I'm having significant

right hip pain.

> After numerous negative xrays, my doc thought it just might be from my change

in posture because of the weight loss.

>  

> Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas? 

>

> a

> DOB May 9th,2008

> (365) 345/291/170

> In need of fill # 2 

>

>

> >

> > From: knitteralaska <knitteralaska>

> > Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] back to your corners.

> > @groups. com

> > Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 5:34 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > wow what happened? I hope this doesn't happen often. I was on a very

> > enjoyable group that ended up dying because of arguments. I read

> > through everyone's arguments and I believe that everyone has valid

> > points and that everyone is very passionate as well and that we all

> > think our ways are best. I am not a mod on this group but I am a mod

> > on another group and from what I have seen in my years in

> > I believe that for a group to thrive there has to be some basic rules.

> > One would be that when a mod says discussion is over on group then it

> > is over on group of course it can be continued on personal emails.

> > Also when something is a personal attack then it shouldn't be put on

> > group. Now I know that all messages are going through someone before

> > being allowed on here so the question is who dropped the ball? -

> > a in Alaska

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

It seems there is a lot of free time here that we could use to feed the homeless, read to a child or help out a senior citizen with some chores. > > Imagine if all the energy going into the emails for the past couple of days were used for something more positive.

Imagine if all that energy was used for exercise how much further along each person would be!

I have just read through a few of the threads were people are arguing about which is better between the sleeve and the lapband. Each of us has to know that every other person who has had the "opposing" is going to feel just as strongly about their surgical choice as yourself. It is only natural! Hell, our choice has basically turned into a life changing experience and how dare ANYONE say that "theirs is better"! So, knowing that, I will only add a couple of things about my own personal opinion...for whatever it is worth.

I have lived with my lapband for 3 years. Some days are absolutely wonderful while other days truly suck. Living with my band hasn't really become much easier with time, I've just grown accustomed to it. My band is in total control of my life and what SHE says goes! Everyday is a different experience and I have come to realize that I was one of the lucky ones who had a band suffering from bi-polar disorder to be installed inside of me! Oh, the joys of life with a lapband. Some days I will tell you this has been the most difficult thing I have ever done. I might even go so far as to tell you that getting skinny sure takes its toll on a body! I might even cry a bit and stomp my feeties out of frustration because my band is having one of THOSE days! Other days, I will tell you that this 3 year journey has been a breeze. I will tell you that it has been

the easiest thing I have ever done and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! Life with a lapband is PERFECT!....on THOSE days.

I will tell you this. My journey has had LOTS of issues. In addition to my original surgery for lapband, I have been under the knife 5 times to deal with lapband issues in varying degrees. I have had lots of problems that were not life-threatning but they were issues that had to be resolved.

I will also tell you this. I lost all of my excess weight. I have lost over 100 pounds and have never felt better. I am a different person. I live a totally different lifestyle. There is very little of my "old" life still in existence. There are many, many days when I'm not even sure I remember much about the day to day existence of that old life. I'll take the new over the old, no questions asked.

Now, which is better? I've only had a band so I don't really know the answer to this question. I will say that as a person who has been extremely successful with the lapband and am living the lifestyle I was only able to dream about in the past, I would strongly consider the sleeve. Did that just totally confuse you??? If I could afford to switch, I would. The maintaining of my lapband has been difficult AND expensive. Do I wish I had never done it? HELL NO! If that were my only choice and I had to do it again, being fully aware of the potential problems I would face, would I do it? HELL YES! My lapband has given me life back. My lapband has helped me create a lifestyle that brings me pure joy. My lapband has also brought me many tears, days of pain and frustration. But, overall, I wouldn't change my experience for the

world!

Do your research. I don't know that one is better than the other.....they are different surgical procedures. The lack of required aftercare of the sleeve sure would be appealing if I were doing my research. I don't know which way I would go if I had to make the choice right now and knew nothing personally about either one.

RESEARCH!

For whatever it is worth,

Jenni Currie

DOB 2/23/06

245/145/133

Surgery/Goal/Current

5 fills

4 unfills

Forever Portless :)

> > From: knitteralaska <knitteralaska>> Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] back to your corners.> @groups. com> Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 5:34 AM> > > > > > > wow what happened? I hope this doesn't happen often. I was on a very> enjoyable

group that ended up dying because of arguments. I read> through everyone's arguments and I believe that everyone has valid> points and that everyone is very passionate as well and that we all> think our ways are best. I am not a mod on this group but I am a mod> on another group and from what I have seen in my years in > I believe that for a group to thrive there has to be some basic rules.> One would be that when a mod says discussion is over on group then it> is over on group of course it can be continued on personal emails.> Also when something is a personal attack then it shouldn't be put on> group. Now I know that all messages are going through someone before> being allowed on here so the question is who dropped the ball? -> a in Alaska> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > >