RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: switch to sleeve?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No, it is either the band or sleeve but not both.No drinking with meals. It totally defeats the purpose of the restrictive procedure. It makes your stomach empty faster and that is exactly what you don't want.

The sleeve doesn't really stretch, it's created from the muscular portion of the stomach. With that said, I don't push my luck. ;o) I don't do things that could stretch it such as drinking with meals, carbonation, over eating, etc. It's not supposed to stretch but I'm not ever having another WLS again. Two is more than enough. ;o)

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Gloria Satchell <gsatchell@...> wrote:

That's great news, now another question. Is one supposed to refrain

from drinking with meals for the first hour afterwards? I have never

succeeded at that. I drink a lot of water all day but have not been

able to give up a beverage with a meal. If drinking is OK I will

definitely want to switch. Could they leave the band there to help

stop overeating and stretching the sleeve? gloria

DOB 12/21/05

220/160/??

---

In , Bipley <Bipley@...> wrote:

>

> No, you won't have to do that. You can take tablets with a sleeve. I

> started taking capsules (small) about 2 weeks after surgery. Lopid is a

> large tablet so you might have to break it in smaller pieces in the

> beginning until surgical swelling goes down.

>

> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Gloria Satchell <gsatchell@...>wrote:

>

> > If I trade my band for a sleeve will I still have to chew up the

awful

> > tasting (huge) cholesterol med lopid? It burns my mouth and tastes

> > awful but I can't take the statins and my cholesterol goes through the

> > roof if I take only the zetia.

> >

> > Gloria

> > 220/160/ might stay right here sixe 14 is A OK

> >

> >

> >

>

Gloria:

I think it is always possible to stretch out anything if you try hard enough! However, with the sleeve, your tastes will most likely change....and the cravings will change for the first few months. You won't be able to overeat because of the way the sleeve is made the first few months. It is too painful. You will feel a burning or feeling stuck in the middle of your chest....believe me pain adversion works wonders! But it is not easy to stretch it out and I personally do not know how somehow can go through that pain to do so!

I do drink with a meal sometimes too...but do have a hard time getting all the water I need during the day. The water fills me up and by the time I drink the water, I am supposed to be eating.....so it is difficult for me. I don't know how others do it...so I still struggle with it. I believe that you can wait and see with the sleeve whether or not you will be able to drink with a meal. I could not do it for several months. However, when I do go out with friends, I can drink part of my iced tea with the meal....but I can't eat much and take the rest home. My sons love going out with me since they are still growing boys, they eat like ravenous wolves! So, whatever I can't eat, they get the rest of the meal, minus a few bites!

Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong with the sleeve! It is wonderful and maintenance free!

I wish you the best of luck!

Gail> > > If I trade my band for a sleeve will I still have to chew up theawful> > tasting (huge) cholesterol med lopid? It burns my mouth and tastes> > awful but I can't take the statins and my cholesterol goes through the> > roof if I take only the zetia.> >> > Gloria> > 220/160/ might stay right here sixe 14 is A OK> >> > > >>

Sorry to hijack this post, but I'm trying to surprise a friend who is getting the sleeve with Dr. Aceves doing the surgery. I need to know how many nights they will keep her in the hospital if she is having surgery on Friday.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

> > > If I trade my band for a sleeve will I still have to chew up theawful> > tasting (huge) cholesterol med lopid? It burns my mouth and tastes> > awful but I can't take the statins and my cholesterol goes through the> > roof if I take only the zetia.> >> > Gloria> > 220/160/ might stay right here sixe 14 is A OK> >> > > >>

Three nights after surgery. ;o)On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Lewellen <sultrykiss_indiana@...> wrote:

Sorry to hijack this post, but I'm trying to surprise a friend who is getting the sleeve with Dr. Aceves doing the surgery. I need to know how many nights they will keep her in the hospital if she is having surgery on Friday.

> > > If I trade my band for a sleeve will I still have to chew up theawful> > tasting (huge) cholesterol med lopid? It burns my mouth and tastes

> > awful but I can't take the statins and my cholesterol goes through the> > roof if I take only the zetia.> >> > Gloria> > 220/160/ might stay right here sixe 14 is A OK

> >> > > >>

First night in hotel, next day surgery. You usually stay four days in the hospital for the sleeve, which includes the day of surgery; so trip was five days total. However, since we drove down instead of flying we had the option of leaving the afternoon of the third day in the hospital if we wanted. I chose to stay the extra night and drive back in the morning. So my guess would be with Friday surgery, your friend should be home Monday.

Joyce

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Lewellen <sultrykiss_indiana@...> wrote:

> > > If I trade my band for a sleeve will I still have to chew up theawful> > tasting (huge) cholesterol med lopid? It burns my mouth and tastes> > awful but I can't take the statins and my cholesterol goes through the

> > roof if I take only the zetia.> >> > Gloria> > 220/160/ might stay right here sixe 14 is A OK> >> > > >>

Can I ask u why ur taking the cholesterol? Is is b/c of a previous problem u had b4 the band?

From: Gail <sweetsmile1955@...> Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:24:41 AMSubject: Re: Re: switch to sleeve?

Gloria:

I think it is always possible to stretch out anything if you try hard enough! However, with the sleeve, your tastes will most likely change....and the cravings will change for the first few months. You won't be able to overeat because of the way the sleeve is made the first few months. It is too painful. You will feel a burning or feeling stuck in the middle of your chest....believe me pain adversion works wonders! But it is not easy to stretch it out and I personally do not know how somehow can go through that pain to do so!

I do drink with a meal sometimes too...but do have a hard time getting all the water I need during the day. The water fills me up and by the time I drink the water, I am supposed to be eating.....so it is difficult for me. I don't know how others do it...so I still struggle with it. I believe that you can wait and see with the sleeve whether or not you will be able to drink with a meal. I could not do it for several months. However, when I do go out with friends, I can drink part of my iced tea with the meal....but I can't eat much and take the rest home. My sons love going out with me since they are still growing boys, they eat like ravenous wolves! So, whatever I can't eat, they get the rest of the meal, minus a few bites!

Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong with the sleeve! It is wonderful and maintenance free!

I wish you the best of luck!

Gail> > > If I trade my band for a sleeve will I still have to chew up theawful> > tasting (huge) cholesterol med lopid? It burns my mouth and tastes> > awful but I can't take the statins and my cholesterol goes through the> > roof if I take only the zetia.> >> > Gloria> > 220/160/ might stay right here sixe 14 is A OK> >> > > >>