RemedySpot.com

Re: Infevtion..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Did your doctor culture the wound? It is VERY common to have a seroma and that looks very much like an infection and it's not. If he didn't culture it, it might not be an infection.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:30 PM, GERALD DOZIER <dozier569@...> wrote:

Merry Christmas.. My doctor ask me to contact you. I have an infection in my port. What do you think I should do.

I have been taking antibiotics but a couple of days after I quit taking them, the infection comes back.. Do I need to

have the port removed? I pray not........

Shirley

Hey bipley I have a question this evening my stomach started killing me flu like stomach ache. Well I'm Vomiting now first time since I had my band placed a year and a half ago. And let me tell u I was a puker before that! But will it hurt my band at all I'm worried thank you katie possSent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by AlltelFrom: Bipley Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:39:41 -0700< >Subject: Re: Infevtion.. Did your doctor culture the wound? It is VERY common to have a seroma and that looks very much like an infection and it's not. If he didn't culture it, it might not be an infection. On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:30 PM, GERALD DOZIER <dozier569msn> wrote: Merry Christmas.. My doctor ask me to contact you. I have an infection in my port. What do you think I should do.I have been taking antibiotics but a couple of days after I quit taking them, the infection comes back.. Do I need to have the port removed? I pray not........ Shirley

I will be curious to know the outcome of this.....please post, ok?

Jenni Currie

DOB 2/23/06

247/145/132

surgery/goal/current

5 fills

4 unfills

Forever portless :)

From: GERALD DOZIER <dozier569@...>Subject: Infevtion.."Nina" <nina_eguia@...>, "" < >Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 9:30 PM

Merry Christmas.. My doctor ask me to contact you. I have an infection in my port. What do you think I should do.

I have been taking antibiotics but a couple of days after I quit taking them, the infection comes back.. Do I need to

have the port removed? I pray not........

Shirley

It's possible to cause harm with vomiting for banded folks. First thing you should do is contact your doctor and get something to take away the nausea and vomiting, something like Zofran, Phenergan, Tigan, etc. If you are vomiting a great deal an unfill might be in order. Some drugs come in suppository form.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 9:03 PM, <elbaposs@...> wrote:

Hey bipley I have a question this evening my stomach started killing me flu like stomach ache. Well I'm Vomiting now first time since I had my band placed a year and a half ago. And let me tell u I was a puker before that! But will it hurt my band at all I'm worried thank you

katie possSent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by AlltelFrom: Bipley Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:39:41 -0700< >

Subject: Re: Infevtion.. Did your doctor culture the wound? It is VERY common to have a seroma and that looks very much like an infection and it's not. If he didn't culture it, it might not be an infection.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:30 PM, GERALD DOZIER <dozier569@...> wrote:

I have been taking antibiotics but a couple of days after I quit taking them, the infection comes back.. Do I need to have the port removed? I pray not........ Shirley