that the sleeve is the way to go for me. I have a home in San Felipe

& recently stopped by to check out the hospital. Nina's mom took me

on a tour & I was really impressed. This is obviously a hospital

built for rich Mexicans.

My family does not know about the upcoming surgery, which wouldn't

be the first time I pulled off something like this (I actually look

50). I plan to have the surgery mid-Jan. I'll drive to the Lucerna

Hotel & leave my car there, then drive to San Felipe after the

surgery. I might spend day 3 in the Hotel.

I've saved all your excellent recipes & tips-much appreciated,

thanks. Now, my question......My home in San Felipe (where I'll be

for a month) has a stove & fridge but no microwave. San Felipe has a

couple of small markets but if you want special food, you are

advised to bring it with you. I know the routine......clear, full,

mushy but can you help me out with some recommendations. What

encompasses clear, full and mushy? (This is a grocery list). Would

baby food be used for the mushy stage? Is Crystal Lite ok for the

clear stage? For full, in addition to the Costco protein drinks,

what else do I get?

Welcome ,

You've come to the right place for advice although I won't be much help with the 30 day post-op because I had very little imagination and ate simply at each stage.

I'm sure many others here will help you with your shopping list.Welcome again and good luck with your surgery.

a

DOB May 9th,2008

(365) 345/291/170

In need of fill # 2

From: foxycruiser <foxycruiser@...>Subject: Time to introduce myself Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 5:35 PM

Hi! I am , age 66, living in San Diego. I've been up & down wt.-wise for years & am at my highest, 186. BMI is 35.1 I've been reading your posts for a year & was convinced from the beginning that the sleeve is the way to go for me. I have a home in San Felipe & recently stopped by to check out the hospital. Nina's mom took me on a tour & I was really impressed. This is obviously a hospital built for rich Mexicans. My family does not know about the upcoming surgery, which wouldn't be the first time I pulled off something like this (I actually look 50). I plan to have the surgery mid-Jan. I'll drive to the Lucerna Hotel & leave my car there, then drive to San Felipe after the surgery. I might spend day 3 in the Hotel. I've saved all your excellent recipes & tips-much appreciated, thanks. Now, my question.... ..My home in San Felipe (where I'll be for a

month) has a stove & fridge but no microwave. San Felipe has a couple of small markets but if you want special food, you are advised to bring it with you. I know the routine..... .clear, full, mushy but can you help me out with some recommendations. What encompasses clear, full and mushy? (This is a grocery list). Would baby food be used for the mushy stage? Is Crystal Lite ok for the clear stage? For full, in addition to the Costco protein drinks, what else do I get?

Yeah, those shakes are definitely on my list. I did a search on "liquid diets" today and learned that a liquid drink is anything I can see through. Guess tomato juice is 2nd stage. Still think baby food is a good idea for 3rd stage. Lots of good choices. Maybe I can have the toddler stage if I chew it all very well. No one here but me so I have to do my own cooking. Nothing I can't live without. I generally do eat healthy foods (no binges for Doritos here) and can live without bread. My weakness are the sweets so I just don't buy them.

My true downfall is my traveling and I love to travel, primarily on a cruise ship. I took a trip around the world this year and was gone nearly 5 months. I exercised nearly every day and tried to behave myself but still gained 20 lbs. I should be around 125-130. I got down to 160 two yrs. ago, took a trip to Italy and mushroomed up to 172 within 3 mos. At 185, I'm the highest I've ever been. I am so frustrated. I can't wait for the surgery!!

hugs,

From: foxycruiser <foxycruiser>Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Time to introduce myself @groups. comDate: Monday, December 8, 2008, 9:35 AM

Hi! I am , age 66, living in San Diego. I've been up & down wt.-wise for years & am at my highest, 186. BMI is 35.1 I've been reading your posts for a year & was convinced from the beginning that the sleeve is the way to go for me. I have a home in San Felipe & recently stopped by to check out the hospital. Nina's mom took me on a tour & I was really impressed. This is obviously a hospital built for rich Mexicans. My family does not know about the upcoming surgery, which wouldn't be the first time I pulled off something like this (I actually look 50). I plan to have the surgery mid-Jan. I'll drive to the Lucerna Hotel & leave my car there, then drive to San Felipe after the surgery. I might spend day 3 in the Hotel. I've saved all your excellent recipes & tips-much appreciated, thanks. Now, my question.... ..My home in San Felipe (where I'll be for a

month) has a stove & fridge but no microwave. San Felipe has a couple of small markets but if you want special food, you are advised to bring it with you. I know the routine..... .clear, full, mushy but can you help me out with some recommendations. What encompasses clear, full and mushy? (This is a grocery list). Would baby food be used for the mushy stage? Is Crystal Lite ok for the clear stage? For full, in addition to the Costco protein drinks, what else do I get?

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

oops, wrong assumption, Suzanne, and apologies for the grandma remark. I would have to drive to San Felipe from Mexicali after the surgery, about 120 miles. That's why I'm thinking of spending the last day back at the hotel. The one thing that concerns me is turning on my propane fridge. Picture me on the floor, on my side, lighting the fridge with a blowtorch. It's not strenuous but I hope I don't pop anything out getting down on the floor carefully and turning on my side. Lifting will not be a problem. I'd have to turn the generator on to run the vacuum and that requires a strong pull on the cord which I'm sure would be too taxing. I just plan on walking on the beach in front, reading and making lots of clear liquid drinks. I can watch t.v during the day when I have solar power. I'll be taking all nonperishable food items with me. When I graduate to

yogurt, I can pick that up in town.

Thanks for the comments re. the potassium. I'll definitely play it safe as there will be no one with me. If I have to go into town to see a doctor, I'm dead.

From: foxycruiser <foxycruiser>Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Time to introduce myself @groups. comDate: Monday, December 8, 2008, 9:35 AM

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.