RE: 10 days now

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Everyone has these same type of worries...it is normal. Just try to

relax and keep your eye on the prize. Make a list of why you are doing

this, read it often. Lap band is a very minimally invasive surgery with

very few complications. Dr. Aceves is very experienced. You are in good

hands.

If you are really worried about being here for your son, you will turn your thoughts to positive ones because this surgery will help you to reclaim years of longivity and lost health. When you are obese, you are a walking time bomb. You could die today of a stroke or heart attack or you will develop diseases like diabetes, colon and other types of cancer, and so on. Losing weight is your best chance to raise your son. Just keep the positive thoughts flowing. Now you go girl!! C. Shellin <kcgirl559@...> wrote: And I'm scared now, I actually had thoughts of canceling. Ifsomething were to happen to me, my son who is my world would have togo back with his dad who is a angry person and that scares the hellout of me. My new husband is wonderful he holds me and tells me itwill all be fine, it's just that lingering thought that had to popinto my head darn it that is freaking me out. I'm sticking to tryingto keep the positives going to push out the thought but it's not easy.Keep me in your prayers. Kim

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Very true, sometimes you just have to put it all in perspective. Being obese you have a 100% chance of complications of some sort including possible death. At the very least it will shorten your life. Having surgery has a less than 1% chance of death. Again, it's all perspective.

On Jan 2, 2008 10:25 AM, c shellin <cshellin1@...> wrote:

If you are really worried about being here for your son, you will turn your thoughts to positive ones because this surgery will help you to reclaim years of longivity and lost health. When you are obese, you are a walking time bomb. You could die today of a stroke or heart attack or you will develop diseases like diabetes, colon and other types of cancer, and so on. Losing weight is your best chance to raise your son. Just keep the positive thoughts flowing. Now you go girl!! C. Shellin

Kim,

I too am a single mother of a 9 yrs old boy. I feared the same thing,

something could happen to me while in Mexico having surgery. I feared

he too would have to go live with his dad. But C. Shellin is

right...you have to weigh the positive and the negative.

I just had surgery Dec 20th, 14 days ago and I even went alone!!! I

had the sleeve done and have already lost 18 lbs. I have never felt

so great. It is completely safe there and the staff takes excellent

care of you!

Good luck!!

Ash in Tx

And I'm scared now, I

actually had thoughts of canceling. If

> something were to happen to me, my son who is my world would have to

> go back with his dad who is a angry person and that scares the hell

> out of me. My new husband is wonderful he holds me and tells me it

> will all be fine, it's just that lingering thought that had to pop

> into my head darn it that is freaking me out. I'm sticking to trying

> to keep the positives going to push out the thought but it's not

easy.

> Keep me in your prayers. Kim

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>

Kim, it is a good mom who worries about the care of her offspring. If I may I would offer a little different advice. I would suggest you look into the possibility of having a medical power of attorney drawn up by your attorney for the period of time that you are out of the country. While this may (and hopefully) never be needed or used, it would allow your hubby (or any other designated person) to have the ability to see that medical care is provided to your son in the event it is needed i.e. a broken wrist from a fall off a bicycle, etc. while you are out of the country. The power of attorney could be for that four-day period you are away or for some other designated open-ended period. Only you know the details of your own situation. This alternative may give you peace of mind and assurance that your son's needs are met in the event of an emergency. A mother can't always "guard" her children and keep them from harm--as best we continually try!

All the best!

C

Tampa

> > From: kcgirl559@...> Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 15:01:12 +0000> Subject: 10 days now> > And I'm scared now, I actually had thoughts of canceling. If> something were to happen to me, my son who is my world would have to> go back with his dad who is a angry person and that scares the hell> out of me. My new husband is wonderful he holds me and tells me it> will all be fine, it's just that lingering thought that had to pop> into my head darn it that is freaking me out. I'm sticking to trying> to keep the positives going to push out the thought but it's not easy.> Keep me in your prayers. Kim> > > > >

Thank you all so much, that boost was what I needed, you are all

angels in my book. I wrote down the positives and the negatives and

the positives won, I have already lost 12lbs before my surgery date

and have cut out all caffeine, bread, candies, chips, I'm actually

doing nothing but protein drinks, grilled chicken and yogurts and I

really feel good amazing. Lots of hugs Kim

>