RemedySpot.com

Re: Pulling out stiches

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just waited it out and they eventually dissolved. I wouldn't pull them out, not sure that is a good idea. They will dissolve eventually.On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 11:14 AM, classpassion <classpassion@...> wrote:

I had to manually pull out the tops of my stiches (3 of them) because

it had been almost 2 months since my sugery....The ones undeneath

ovbiously dissolved, but did anyone else have to do this? Just

wondering? Helena

Yes, I had to do that as well. In fact, one of my incisions (the one on the left, where the camera was) refused to heal or even close up for weeks after the surgery - it was still gaping six weeks later. Only after I pulled undissolved stitches out from around the edges, it finally healed. Had the same problem but on the smaller scale with the other two incisions as well - stitches inside the body dissolved but not on the top. This is my first experience with dissolvable sutures, so I don't know what's normal. All my other surgeries had sutures that had to be removed and they seemed to heal much, much better and faster.From: classpassion <classpassion@...> Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 12:14:42 PMSubject: Pulling out stiches

wondering? Helena

Also wanted to clarify that I checked with Dr. Aceves office before pulling anything. I emailed them a picture of incision and described the problem with stitches. In response, I was told to "slightly pull it a little (just a little) and cut it very close to the skin with a clean scissor. This is all you need to do, the stitches will dissolve once inside your body." But please check with the Dr. A before pulling or cutting anything; he will advise you on what to do in your individual case.From: classpassion <classpassion@...> Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 12:14:42 PMSubject: Pulling out stiches

wondering? Helena

I did also... then the ones that dissolved... didn't really dissolve.. the tops came to the surface later n I pulled them out /w/ tweezers. *good old bathroom surgery*

Robyn in CO sleeved 08-05-08

298/223/anywhere in onderland

Pulling out stiches

I had to manually pull out the tops of my stiches (3 of them) because it had been almost 2 months since my sugery....The ones undeneath ovbiously dissolved, but did anyone else have to do this? Just wondering? Helena

I had to pull mine too. Mine twisted and a knot came to the surface. Dr. Aceves office said to leave them alone for a while and then - it seems like a month after surgery they told me to go ahead and cut the knot. I'm such a "picker" it was making me crazy. I know for the most part we are supposed to leave them alone :) But just wanted to know, your not alone :) Cyrena DOB: 1/19/07240/127/150start/now/goalSize 4complete unfill and feeling awesome!

I had one incision that was very slow to heal.It would get red and tender then drain a little fluid.It was not infected though. I had a surgeon at workLook at it and he said there was probably a stitch below that had not dissolved and to soak in a hot bathand try to "work it out". It finally surfaced and I pulled it out.It healed nicely after that.Hope it helps.JenSent from my iPhoneOn Dec 14, 2008, at 12:23 PM, Bipley <Bipley@...> wrote:

I just waited it out and they eventually dissolved.  I wouldn't pull them out, not sure that is a good idea.  They will dissolve eventually.On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 11:14 AM, classpassion <classpassion > wrote:

wondering? Helena

Yep, I did. I had one that kept working its way out of one end of my incision. I called Nina and she told me to just trim it off as it comes out. It did that for a week or two.

From: classpassion <classpassion@...>Subject: Pulling out stiches Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 10:14 AM

I had to manually pull out the tops of my stiches (3 of them) because it had been almost 2 months since my sugery....The ones undeneath ovbiously dissolved, but did anyone else have to do this? Just wondering? Helena

I too had 3 sites where I had tails of the stitches, I just snip them down to the skin and they healed up fine.

From: classpassion <classpassion@...>Subject: Pulling out stiches Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 10:14 AM