RemedySpot.com

not sure whats better

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think it depends on your lifestyle and how you want to manage your weight loss. I originally wanted the band because several friends had it. But then when I heard about the sleeve, I realized that for me, not having to get refills, or unfills, the possibility of rupturing your stomach, band slippage, etc. would not fit with my lifestyle. I didn't want to have to go to the doctor several times a year just for band maintenance. Plus most of my friends who had the band no longer have it or have had it completely unfilled. That is not good results. Those who have had the band and then went in and got the sleeve are much happier with the sleeve process than the band.

So, ultimately it is up to you. I would research the sleeve more to see if it would fit. Plus the weight loss is faster with the sleeve.

Good luck!

Gail

From: ms74lt <ms74lt@...>Subject: not sure whats better Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 3:20 PM

i thought the lap band was the best but i hear there's some differentthings to do.. any pointers and does it matter the amount of weightyou need to lose?

Yes, it does matter. If you are an average or high bmi person you may not want a band, a sleeve would be better.I've had both, I had a band and revised to a sleeve. A sleeve is 10x easier, easier in every single way.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:20 PM, ms74lt <ms74lt@...> wrote:

i thought the lap band was the best but i hear there's some different

things to do.. any pointers and does it matter the amount of weight

you need to lose?