RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Hi Everyone I am new here And Look forward to s...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Fran,

I just wanted to say one thing. So many doctors look at a thyroid test and say you are on the low end of normal and they think that is ok. That is WRONG and what doctors are now learning is that the low end of normal is not ok. I am one of those patients and found out that I need thyroid meds even if I was on the low end of normal. So ask questions about your thyroid. You might be amazed at what you find out. Just a thought!

Suzanne

In a message dated 12/16/2008 6:32:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, mikesgirl105@... writes:

Hi Deb

I have had every thing checked for years now since i was a kid. Im so healthy there its hard to beleive. That is the reason i want this so badly i can maintain a good diet then.

thanks for you input

Fran> > From: mikesgirl105 <mikesgirl105>> Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Hi Everyone I am new here And Look forward to sharing with you all!> @groups. com> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 5:50 AM> > > > > Hi All:> > I joined this group a month or 2 ago and have just been reading > emails and researching. I have been researching for a long time now. > I was planning on getting the surgery for the Lap-Band but things > didnt go as I planned and prayerd for as my insurance didnt cover any > part of it. I am now on Medicade and the suregery will be covered. > ooooo for that part. I am still checking to see if it will be > covered for Mexico but I am having trouble doing that. I live in > texas so there are plenty of drs that do the surgery here also. > > I have an appointment with a Dr here that does the surgery completely > non invasive. So that is very appealing to me. I am 41 years old and > have been heavy all my life. I am not a large eater and I dont over > eat. I really survive on Coffee and salads. Yet diets fail for me > because I cannot consume enough of calories to lose weight. And I > have tried them all countless times alone and with friends. They lose > the weight and I stay the same. Well, Im tired of that life and > disappointment. I have young kids and If I dont take care of myself > now im not going to be walking around to be with them. No I am not > 600 pounds but I was in a car wreck 8 years ago and received massive > neck, back and spinal cord injuries by the grace of God and great > surgeons I am walking. If I Continue to stay at the weight i am I > wont be walking in a few years because my spine cannot support my > weight. Unfortunately my old insurance company and employer didnt > care about this. I am already disabled I dont want to spend the next > 20 or 30 years in a wheel chair helpless and paralyzed. I was there > already its not fun for anyone.> > I have read alot of posts on this site some helpful some worry some > to me. As right now i am 290 pounds and a size 24. And I dont want to > be a size 4 at any time in my life. Its not who i am and not what I > want to be. So my biggest fear with the surgery is will I get to thin > where I look sick and I have lost every part of me that I love and > everyone else loves about me. I know the amount of weight loss goes n > how the band is adjuted. But Still I have questions over and over > again. I want this surgery and I want a new life. However, I dont > want to be twiggy either. When do we make the decision that enough is > enough. One woman posted lately she was banded in 2006 and she is now > a size 4. I never want to be a size 4 and i dont want to see myself > as a size 4. It might be great for her, and I pray for her happiness, > for me it would be like a death sentenance. Im to small framed to be > that thin. Im short, and small boned I woul dlike like a sick dying > barbie doll. And that isnt who I am. Is there a way for me to get to > a size 10 or 12 and stop. Say I am where I am happy now I dont want > to lose more. What do I do to slow down the weight loss.> > Like I stated earlier in this email. I am not a large eater and I > dont over eat. I eat enough food to survive. So what do I do first.> > Thank for you help and concern guys. Any and all information you can > give me is appreciated.> > Fran> Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Suzanne and Fran:

You are exactly right Suzanne! I was on the low end of normal and that is NOT normal for women in their 40s, 50s, and 60s. You should be on the high end. I was listening to a health series on the radio and the doctor said that and it clicked with me why I wasn't feeling well and sooooooooooooo tired. When I got on thyroid meds, it made a huge difference and the medical doctors are not keeping up with raising the normal standards for women who are pre, mid, and post menopause.

Gail> > From: mikesgirl105 <mikesgirl105>> Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Hi Everyone I am new here And Look forward to sharing with you all!> @groups. com> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 5:50 AM> > > > > Hi All:> > I joined this group a month or 2 ago and have just been reading > emails and researching. I have been researching for a long time now. > I was planning on getting the surgery for the Lap-Band but things > didnt go as I planned and prayerd for as my insurance didnt cover any > part of it. I am now on Medicade and the suregery will be covered.

> ooooo for that part. I am still checking to see if it will be > covered for Mexico but I am having trouble doing that. I live in > texas so there are plenty of drs that do the surgery here also. > > I have an appointment with a Dr here that does the surgery completely > non invasive. So that is very appealing to me. I am 41 years old and > have been heavy all my life. I am not a large eater and I dont over > eat. I really survive on Coffee and salads. Yet diets fail for me > because I cannot consume enough of calories to lose weight. And I > have tried them all countless times alone and with friends. They lose > the weight and I stay the same. Well, Im tired of that life and > disappointment. I have young kids and If I dont take care of myself > now im not going to be walking around to be with them. No I am not > 600 pounds but I

was in a car wreck 8 years ago and received massive > neck, back and spinal cord injuries by the grace of God and great > surgeons I am walking. If I Continue to stay at the weight i am I > wont be walking in a few years because my spine cannot support my > weight. Unfortunately my old insurance company and employer didnt > care about this. I am already disabled I dont want to spend the next > 20 or 30 years in a wheel chair helpless and paralyzed. I was there > already its not fun for anyone.> > I have read alot of posts on this site some helpful some worry some > to me. As right now i am 290 pounds and a size 24. And I dont want to > be a size 4 at any time in my life. Its not who i am and not what I > want to be. So my biggest fear with the surgery is will I get to thin > where I look sick and I have lost every part of me that I love

and > everyone else loves about me. I know the amount of weight loss goes n > how the band is adjuted. But Still I have questions over and over > again. I want this surgery and I want a new life. However, I dont > want to be twiggy either. When do we make the decision that enough is > enough. One woman posted lately she was banded in 2006 and she is now > a size 4. I never want to be a size 4 and i dont want to see myself > as a size 4. It might be great for her, and I pray for her happiness, > for me it would be like a death sentenance. Im to small framed to be > that thin. Im short, and small boned I woul dlike like a sick dying > barbie doll. And that isnt who I am. Is there a way for me to get to > a size 10 or 12 and stop. Say I am where I am happy now I dont want > to lose more. What do I do to slow down the weight loss.>

> Like I stated earlier in this email. I am not a large eater and I > dont over eat. I eat enough food to survive. So what do I do first.> > Thank for you help and concern guys. Any and all information you can > give me is appreciated.> > Fran>

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Hi

Thank you, however I dont know how many times here I need to say this I have been tested all my life for throid i dont have it, I dont have heart disease, diabetes or high blood pressure now that everyone knows this please please stop telling me to get tested the things that I dont have and I have been tested for 2 many damn times. LETS forget the topic I will be fine and I will handle it all alone as I always do with everything in my life.

Thanks

Fran> > From: mikesgirl105 <mikesgirl105>> Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Hi Everyone I am new here And Look forward to sharing with you all!> @groups. com> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 5:50 AM> > > > > Hi All:> > I joined this group a month or 2 ago and have just been reading > emails and researching. I have been researching for a long time now. > I was planning on getting the surgery for the Lap-Band but things > didnt go as I planned and prayerd for as my insurance didnt cover any > part of it. I am now on Medicade and the suregery will be covered.

> ooooo for that part. I am still checking to see if it will be > covered for Mexico but I am having trouble doing that. I live in > texas so there are plenty of drs that do the surgery here also. > > I have an appointment with a Dr here that does the surgery completely > non invasive. So that is very appealing to me. I am 41 years old and > have been heavy all my life. I am not a large eater and I dont over > eat. I really survive on Coffee and salads. Yet diets fail for me > because I cannot consume enough of calories to lose weight. And I > have tried them all countless times alone and with friends. They lose > the weight and I stay the same. Well, Im tired of that life and > disappointment. I have young kids and If I dont take care of myself > now im not going to be walking around to be with them. No I am not > 600 pounds but I

was in a car wreck 8 years ago and received massive > neck, back and spinal cord injuries by the grace of God and great > surgeons I am walking. If I Continue to stay at the weight i am I > wont be walking in a few years because my spine cannot support my > weight. Unfortunately my old insurance company and employer didnt > care about this. I am already disabled I dont want to spend the next > 20 or 30 years in a wheel chair helpless and paralyzed. I was there > already its not fun for anyone.> > I have read alot of posts on this site some helpful some worry some > to me. As right now i am 290 pounds and a size 24. And I dont want to > be a size 4 at any time in my life. Its not who i am and not what I > want to be. So my biggest fear with the surgery is will I get to thin > where I look sick and I have lost every part of me that I love

and > everyone else loves about me. I know the amount of weight loss goes n > how the band is adjuted. But Still I have questions over and over > again. I want this surgery and I want a new life. However, I dont > want to be twiggy either. When do we make the decision that enough is > enough. One woman posted lately she was banded in 2006 and she is now > a size 4. I never want to be a size 4 and i dont want to see myself > as a size 4. It might be great for her, and I pray for her happiness, > for me it would be like a death sentenance. Im to small framed to be > that thin. Im short, and small boned I woul dlike like a sick dying > barbie doll. And that isnt who I am. Is there a way for me to get to > a size 10 or 12 and stop. Say I am where I am happy now I dont want > to lose more. What do I do to slow down the weight loss.>

> Like I stated earlier in this email. I am not a large eater and I > dont over eat. I eat enough food to survive. So what do I do first.> > Thank for you help and concern guys. Any and all information you can > give me is appreciated.> > Fran>

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Hi Fran,

Thanks for making that clear. I am sure that you will find the answers to this. You know your body better than any of us. We are all just thinking of the things that we have gone through and throwing them out there.

Suzanne

In a message dated 12/17/2008 6:13:27 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, mikesgirl105@... writes:

Hi

Thank you, however I dont know how many times here I need to say this I have been tested all my life for throid i dont have it, I dont have heart disease, diabetes or high blood pressure now that everyone knows this please please stop telling me to get tested the things that I dont have and I have been tested for 2 many damn times. LETS forget the topic I will be fine and I will handle it all alone as I always do with everything in my life.

Thanks

Fran> > From: mikesgirl105 <mikesgirl105>> Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Hi Everyone I am new here And Look forward to sharing with you all!> @groups. com> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 5:50 AM> > > > > Hi All:> > I joined this group a month or 2 ago and have just been reading > emails and researching. I have been researching for a long time now. > I was planning on getting the surgery for the Lap-Band but things > didnt go as I planned and prayerd for as my insurance didnt cover any > part of it. I am now on Medicade and the suregery will be covered. > ooooo for that part. I am still checking to see if it will be > covered for Mexico but I am having trouble doing that. I live in > texas so there are plenty of drs that do the surgery here also. > > I have an appointment with a Dr here that does the surgery completely > non invasive. So that is very appealing to me. I am 41 years old and > have been heavy all my life. I am not a large eater and I dont over > eat. I really survive on Coffee and salads. Yet diets fail for me > because I cannot consume enough of calories to lose weight. And I > have tried them all countless times alone and with friends. They lose > the weight and I stay the same. Well, Im tired of that life and > disappointment. I have young kids and If I dont take care of myself > now im not going to be walking around to be with them. No I am not > 600 pounds but I was in a car wreck 8 years ago and received massive > neck, back and spinal cord injuries by the grace of God and great > surgeons I am walking. If I Continue to stay at the weight i am I > wont be walking in a few years because my spine cannot support my > weight. Unfortunately my old insurance company and employer didnt > care about this. I am already disabled I dont want to spend the next > 20 or 30 years in a wheel chair helpless and paralyzed. I was there > already its not fun for anyone.> > I have read alot of posts on this site some helpful some worry some > to me. As right now i am 290 pounds and a size 24. And I dont want to > be a size 4 at any time in my life. Its not who i am and not what I > want to be. So my biggest fear with the surgery is will I get to thin > where I look sick and I have lost every part of me that I love and > everyone else loves about me. I know the amount of weight loss goes n > how the band is adjuted. But Still I have questions over and over > again. I want this surgery and I want a new life. However, I dont > want to be twiggy either. When do we make the decision that enough is > enough. One woman posted lately she was banded in 2006 and she is now > a size 4. I never want to be a size 4 and i dont want to see myself > as a size 4. It might be great for her, and I pray for her happiness, > for me it would be like a death sentenance. Im to small framed to be > that thin. Im short, and small boned I woul dlike like a sick dying > barbie doll. And that isnt who I am. Is there a way for me to get to > a size 10 or 12 and stop. Say I am where I am happy now I dont want > to lose more. What do I do to slow down the weight loss.> > Like I stated earlier in this email. I am not a large eater and I > dont over eat. I eat enough food to survive. So what do I do first.> > Thank for you help and concern guys. Any and all information you can > give me is appreciated.> > Fran>

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now. One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.

Hi Nadine,

Thank you for saying what you said. I have learned that you can put the information out there, and until someone is willing to open up the door and look at things they just aren't ready yet--even if they say they are. You really have to have your head in the right place before this will be successful for you. I think the big step is Fran is talking at this point. So we listen to her talk and maybe she will do what has been suggested.

Fran should consider seeking another medical opinion and be willing to listen to what they are telling her, absolutely write down what she is eating and be accurate and honest with what it is she is putting in her body. Not everything is about what the tests say on paper--it is about the knowledge of the person who is reading them and the age of the person the are testing too. The standards have changed and not all doctors are up with the current standards--as some of us have found out. Sometime eating small amounts of food like one person said and doing it 6 times a day--adding more calories than she is eating right now. Don't ask for help and then put up all the doors in front of you when people make the suggestions.

Something isn't adding up, we aren't (well for the most part) medical professionals and we are only able to talk about what we know from our own experiences. So Fran we wish the very best and we will keep giving you our opinions as long as you ask for them.

Take care,

Suzanne

In a message dated 12/17/2008 6:28:33 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, nadine4@... writes:

Fran,

What Suzanne was trying to say was she was tested too and she was told she was in the normal range, but on the low side of normal. She was just trying to be helpful and share her experience with you….that is what this board is all about.

I agree with Bipley, something doesn’t add up. As I have lost weight, I cannot tell you how many times people tell me well I don’t eat much but I am heavier than ever. And what I always tell them is write everything down or go to www.thedailyplate.com and track that way….you might be really surprised.

Shutting out people who offer you help is not going to get any closer to your goal.

Nadine

DOB 3/24/07

372(346)/222/size 8

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 4:06 PM Subject: Re: Re: Hi Everyone I am new here And Look forward to s...

Hi

Thanks

Fran> > From: mikesgirl105 <mikesgirl105>> Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Hi Everyone I am new here And Look forward to sharing with you all!> @groups. com> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 5:50 AM> > > > > Hi All:> > I joined this group a month or 2 ago and have just been reading > emails and researching. I have been researching for a long time now. > I was planning on getting the surgery for the Lap-Band but things > didnt go as I planned and prayerd for as my insurance didnt cover any > part of it. I am now on Medicade and the suregery will be covered. > ooooo for that part. I am still checking to see if it will be > covered for Mexico but I am having trouble doing that. I live in > texas so there are plenty of drs that do the surgery here also. > > I have an appointment with a Dr here that does the surgery completely > non invasive. So that is very appealing to me. I am 41 years old and > have been heavy all my life. I am not a large eater and I dont over > eat. I really survive on Coffee and salads. Yet diets fail for me > because I cannot consume enough of calories to lose weight. And I > have tried them all countless times alone and with friends. They lose > the weight and I stay the same. Well, Im tired of that life and > disappointment. I have young kids and If I dont take care of myself > now im not going to be walking around to be with them. No I am not > 600 pounds but I was in a car wreck 8 years ago and received massive > neck, back and spinal cord injuries by the grace of God and great > surgeons I am walking. If I Continue to stay at the weight i am I > wont be walking in a few years because my spine cannot support my > weight. Unfortunately my old insurance company and employer didnt > care about this. I am already disabled I dont want to spend the next > 20 or 30 years in a wheel chair helpless and paralyzed. I was there > already its not fun for anyone.> > I have read alot of posts on this site some helpful some worry some > to me. As right now i am 290 pounds and a size 24. And I dont want to > be a size 4 at any time in my life. Its not who i am and not what I > want to be. So my biggest fear with the surgery is will I get to thin > where I look sick and I have lost every part of me that I love and > everyone else loves about me. I know the amount of weight loss goes n > how the band is adjuted. But Still I have questions over and over > again. I want this surgery and I want a new life. However, I dont > want to be twiggy either. When do we make the decision that enough is > enough. One woman posted lately she was banded in 2006 and she is now > a size 4. I never want to be a size 4 and i dont want to see myself > as a size 4. It might be great for her, and I pray for her happiness, > for me it would be like a death sentenance. Im to small framed to be > that thin. Im short, and small boned I woul dlike like a sick dying > barbie doll. And that isnt who I am. Is there a way for me to get to > a size 10 or 12 and stop. Say I am where I am happy now I dont want > to lose more. What do I do to slow down the weight loss.> > Like I stated earlier in this email. I am not a large eater and I > dont over eat. I eat enough food to survive. So what do I do first.> > Thank for you help and concern guys. Any and all information you can > give me is appreciated.> > Fran>

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.

Fran,

What Suzanne was trying to say was she was

tested too and she was told she was in the normal range, but on the low side of

normal. She was just trying to be helpful and share her experience with

you….that is what this board is all about.

I agree with Bipley, something doesn’t

add up. As I have lost weight, I cannot tell you how many times people

tell me well I don’t eat much but I am heavier than ever. And what

I always tell them is write everything down or go to www.thedailyplate.com and track that

way….you might be really surprised.

Shutting out people who offer you help is

not going to get any closer to your goal.

Nadine

DOB 3/24/07

372(346)/222/size 8

Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008

4:06 PM

Subject: Re:

Re: Hi Everyone I am new here And Look forward to s...

Hi

Thank you, however I dont know how many times here I

need to say this I have been tested all my life for throid i dont have it, I

dont have heart disease, diabetes or high blood pressure now that everyone

knows this please please stop telling me to get tested the things that I dont

have and I have been tested for 2 many damn times. LETS forget the topic I

will be fine and I will handle it all alone as I always do with everything in

my life.

Thanks

Fran

>

> From: mikesgirl105 <mikesgirl105>

> Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Hi Everyone I am new here And Look

forward to sharing with you all!

> @groups. com

> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 5:50 AM

>

>

>

>

> Hi All:

>

> I joined this group a month or 2 ago and have just been reading

> emails and researching. I have been researching for a long time

now.

> I was planning on getting the surgery for the Lap-Band but things

> didnt go as I planned and prayerd for as my insurance didnt cover

any

> part of it. I am now on Medicade and the suregery will be covered.

> ooooo for that part. I am still checking to see if it will be

> covered for Mexico

but I am having trouble doing that. I live in

> texas so there are plenty of drs that do the surgery here also.

>

> I have an appointment with a Dr here that does the surgery

completely

> non invasive. So that is very appealing to me. I am 41 years old

and

> have been heavy all my life. I am not a large eater and I dont

over

> eat. I really survive on Coffee and salads. Yet diets fail for me

> because I cannot consume enough of calories to lose weight. And I

> have tried them all countless times alone and with friends. They

lose

> the weight and I stay the same. Well, Im tired of that life and

> disappointment. I have young kids and If I dont take care of

myself

> now im not going to be walking around to be with them. No I am not

> 600 pounds but I was in a car wreck 8 years ago and received

massive

> neck, back and spinal cord injuries by the grace of God and great

> surgeons I am walking. If I Continue to stay at the weight i am I

> wont be walking in a few years because my spine cannot support my

> weight. Unfortunately my old insurance company and employer didnt

> care about this. I am already disabled I dont want to spend the

next

> 20 or 30 years in a wheel chair helpless and paralyzed. I was

there

> already its not fun for anyone.

>

> I have read alot of posts on this site some helpful some worry

some

> to me. As right now i am 290 pounds and a size 24. And I dont want

to

> be a size 4 at any time in my life. Its not who i am and not what

I

> want to be. So my biggest fear with the surgery is will I get to

thin

> where I look sick and I have lost every part of me that I love and

> everyone else loves about me. I know the amount of weight loss

goes n

> how the band is adjuted. But Still I have questions over and over

> again. I want this surgery and I want a new life. However, I dont

> want to be twiggy either. When do we make the decision that enough

is

> enough. One woman posted lately she was banded in 2006 and she is

now

> a size 4. I never want to be a size 4 and i dont want to see

myself

> as a size 4. It might be great for her, and I pray for her

happiness,

> for me it would be like a death sentenance. Im to small framed to

be

> that thin. Im short, and small boned I woul dlike like a sick

dying

> barbie doll. And that isnt who I am. Is there a way for me to get

to

> a size 10 or 12 and stop. Say I am where I am happy now I dont

want

> to lose more. What do I do to slow down the weight loss.

>

> Like I stated earlier in this email. I am not a large eater and I

> dont over eat. I eat enough food to survive. So what do I do first.

>

> Thank for you help and concern guys. Any and all information you

can

> give me is appreciated.

>

> Fran

>

Make your life easier with all your

friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Fran...If you will read what people are trying to tell you then perhaps you can respond with the same effort people are trying to respond to you. For example, if you get a thyroid profile done the " normal " values on the lab sheet that the doctor compares YOUR lab values are incorrect. Most labs still show something like this:

TSH (your results) 12, Normal Range - (1-12)This would show that your TSH is within the normal range of 1-12.However, Endo docs have changed this and they say 12 is far too high and the normal range should be 1-6. But the lab sheet that the doctor goes by is still showing that a 12 is in the normal range. If you take someone with Hashis their normal range should be around 0.5-1.0.

This is what people are trying to ask you, not if you have had your labs done but if the new lab values were taken into consideration. A simple yes or no would be perfectly acceptable. The drama is not necessary and doesn't reflect well for you.

WLS causes us all a lot of " issues " that we have to deal with and

resolve before we make a great deal of success. Many times our issues

caused our weight gain to begin with. Until those are resolved we are

doomed to spin in circles trying to fix the wrong problem. It isn't a

matter of getting surgery and the problems just go away along with the

excess weight. It doesn't work that way. I have a hunch you will see this to be true in the coming year or so after you get your band.On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:05 PM, <mikesgirl105@...> wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Fran