RemedySpot.com

Furry Family

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I, too, am a newbie to the board. I'w waiting on our 2nd home to close

escrow and then I can take some of that money and have the surgery. If

all goes well it will close next week.

We live on a ranch in northern Cal and we have 3 dogs, (2 9 mo. old

corgis and a springer spaniel). We also have a cat and a canary.

Outside we have 5 pygmy goats, 2 llamas, 9 horses (1 full size, 2 large

ponies, 1 med pony and 5 minis) and 8 chickens. I think it costs more

to feed the animals then to feed me and the my kids.

I am way more worried about leaving the animals then I am my girls.

Especially the dogs. I don't want to have the board the puppies. So

that means I have to have someone come in and house sit. HOpefully

I will be able to have a friend come and stay with the girls and the

animals. How many nights will I have to be away?? Also how long does

it usually take to schedule surgery??

Laurie

Welcome Laurie, Once you submit the paperwork to Nina and Dr. A approves your surgery, Nina will work with you on a date. I submitted the paperwork and within a few days was told I was approved and could schedule my date. I am waiting until late March because of finances even though he probably has openings sooner. What area is your ranch in. I spent some time in Humboldt County because my daughter was studying at Humboldt until last month when she finished her BA degree. It is so beautiful in that area. Good luck. Laurie Pringle <lauriepringle@...> wrote: I, too, am a newbie to the board. I'w waiting on our 2nd home to close escrow and then I can take some of that money and have the surgery. If all goes well it will close next week.We live on a ranch in northern Cal and we have 3 dogs, (2 9 mo. old corgis and a springer spaniel). We also have a cat and a canary. Outside we have 5 pygmy goats, 2 llamas, 9 horses (1 full size, 2 large ponies, 1 med pony and 5 minis) and 8 chickens. I think it costs more to feed the animals then to feed me and the my kids. I am way more worried about leaving the animals then I am my girls. Especially the dogs. I don't want to

have the board the puppies. So that means I have to have someone come in and house sit. HOpefully I will be able to have a friend come and stay with the girls and the animals. How many nights will I have to be away?? Also how long does it usually take to schedule surgery?? Laurie

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Laurie, last question first... lol.. they can schedule you pretty quick if all your pre-work is done ie, the information Nina sends you needs to be completed. and .. it's fairly easy to re-schedule if the first appt doesn't work out for you. Most people fly in one day, get all their bloodwork and registering done that same day and then go to the hotel for one night. Into the hospital the following morning with surgery that same day. Two nights in the hospital and you return home on the third day post surgery. I traveled over 11 hours to get back home and wasn't uncomfortable traveling. I have five dogs .. and have a girl that comes and lives in while I travel.. it's a great way to do things.. less stressful for everyone. I contacted her through the nearest faith-based college newsletter. It has really worked out well and she has been dogsitting for me for over two years now. Best of luck

in your journey! Laurie Pringle <lauriepringle@...> wrote: I, too, am a newbie to the board. I'w waiting on our 2nd home to close escrow and then I can take some of that money and have the surgery. If all goes well it will close next week.We live on a ranch in northern Cal and we have 3 dogs, (2 9 mo. old corgis and a springer spaniel). We also have a cat and a canary. Outside we have 5 pygmy goats, 2 llamas, 9 horses (1 full size, 2 large ponies, 1 med pony and 5 minis) and 8

chickens. I think it costs more to feed the animals then to feed me and the my kids. I am way more worried about leaving the animals then I am my girls. Especially the dogs. I don't want to have the board the puppies. So that means I have to have someone come in and house sit. HOpefully I will be able to have a friend come and stay with the girls and the animals. How many nights will I have to be away?? Also how long does it usually take to schedule surgery?? Laurie

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.