RemedySpot.com

Re: Sandy Doyle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For whatever it is worth, I think you need an unfill. Having an unfill will make your life so much easier and so much more comfortable! Some people like to be tight because they assume they will lose more weight the less they eat. Well, from someone who has been way too tight, too loose, a little too tight, and now just right, it is MUCH more comfortable to be on the side of loose than tight anyday! Plus, staying too tight has the potential to cause long-term problems. You should not be this miserable with a fill. Go get a slight unfill and give your body a break. Remember, this lapband is to be with us for the rest of our life and we need to take care of it! Keep us posted! Jenni DOB 2/23/06 247/145/136 5 fills 3 unfillssandy doyle <doylesandy@...> wrote: I am writing to ask some of you that have had the band longer. I have been having a hard time for about 2 weeks now..even drinking water sometimes very difficult..I have had to throw up almost everytime after eating. I have done well with the fill..got it october 16th. and this is the first time it has stayed with me this long..i keep thinking ok..it will be better. I can only eat about 3 bites of food and sometimes not even that.. i am thinking i need an

unfill for a few weeks at least..any suggestions..i think it is better and again i take my bites and out i need it to come..thanks for any of you that have any suggestions..i was going to drive down monday and get an unfill ...i just cant take the feeling any longer.. anyone had the same thing??? sandy Thousands Of Genes Found To Influence Body Weight Thousands Of Genes Found To Influence Body Weighthttp://www.medicaln ewstoday. com/articles/ 94001.phpReporting in the online journal BMC Genetics , researchers from the Monell Center have for the first time attempted to count the number of genes that contribute to obesity and body weight. The findings suggest that over 6,000 genes - about 25 percent of the genome - help determine an individual's body weight. "Reports describing the discovery of a new 'obesity gene' have become common in the scientific literature and also the popular press," notes Monell behavioral geneticist G. Tordoff, PhD, an author on the study. "Our results suggest that each newly discovered gene is just one of the many thousands that influence body weight, so a quick fix to the obesity problem is unlikely." To obtain an estimate of how many genes contribute to body weight, the Monell researchers surveyed the Laboratory Mouse Genome Database for information

on body weights of knockout mouse strains. Knockout mice have had a specific gene inactivated, or "knocked out." By studying how the knockout mice differ from normal mice, researchers obtain information about that gene's function and how it might contribute to disease. Mice can provide valuable information on human disease because they share many genes with humans. The knockout approach is so useful that the inventors of the technology were awarded the 2007 Nobel Prize in Medicine. Knockout mice are now standard tools in all mouse models of behavior and disease. In 60% of strains, knocking out a gene produces mice that are nonviable; that is, the mouse cannot survive without the knocked out gene. The Monell survey revealed that body weight was altered in over a third of the viable knockout stains; 31 percent weighed less than controls (indicating that the missing genes contribute to heavier body weight), while another 3 percent weighed more

(contributing to lighter weight). Extrapolating from the total number of genes in the mouse genome, this implies that over 6,000 genes could potentially contribute to the body weight of a mouse. Tordoff comments, "It is interesting that there are 10 times more genes that increase body weight than decrease it, which might help explain why it is easier to gain weight than lose it." Because body weight plays a role in many diseases, including hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease, the implications of the findings extend beyond studies of obesity and body weight. Gene knockouts reported to affect these diseases and others could potentially be due to a general effect to lower body weight. The findings also hold clinical relevance, according to lead author le R. , PhD, a Monell geneticist. "Clinicians and other professionals concerned with the development of personalized medicine need to expand their ideas of genetics to recognize

that many genes act together to determine disease susceptibility." ------------ --------- -------Article adapted by Medical News Today from original press release.------------ --------- ------- Maureen P. Lawler also contributed to the study. The Monell Chemical Senses Center is a nonprofit basic research institute based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. For 40 years, Monell has been the nation's leading research center focused on understanding the senses of smell, taste and chemical irritation: how they function and affect lives from before birth through old age. Using a multidisciplinary approach, scientists collaborate in the areas of: sensation and perception, neuroscience and molecular biology, environmental and occupational health, nutrition and appetite, health and well being, and chemical ecology and communication. Monell: Making Sense of Taste and Smell for 40 Years. For more information, visit http://www.monell. org/. Source: Stein Monell Chemical Senses Center Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Jenni,

thank you so much for the response.. yes i was thinking i would go get an unfill for a few weeks and give myself a break and get some nutrients in me. Yes i want to loose weight and have done well with the band so far. But as i said of recently, it has been miserable. So again i thank you for the advice and i am not too far away.. so i should take advantage of that. I will go down friday and get an unfill. Thanks

sandy

[Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Thousands Of Genes Found To Influence Body Weight

Thousands Of Genes Found To Influence Body Weighthttp://www.medicaln ewstoday. com/articles/ 94001.phpReporting in the online journal BMC Genetics , researchers from the Monell Center have for the first time attempted to count the number of genes that contribute to obesity and body weight. The findings suggest that over 6,000 genes - about 25 percent of the genome - help determine an individual's body weight. "Reports describing the discovery of a new 'obesity gene' have become common in the scientific literature and also the popular press," notes Monell behavioral geneticist G. Tordoff, PhD, an author on the study. "Our results suggest that each newly discovered gene is just one of the many thousands that influence body weight, so a quick fix to the obesity problem is unlikely." To obtain an

estimate of how many genes contribute to body weight, the Monell researchers surveyed the Laboratory Mouse Genome Database for information on body weights of knockout mouse strains. Knockout mice have had a specific gene inactivated, or "knocked out." By studying how the knockout mice differ from normal mice, researchers obtain information about that gene's function and how it might contribute to disease. Mice can provide valuable information on human disease because they share many genes with humans. The knockout approach is so useful that the inventors of the technology were awarded the 2007 Nobel Prize in Medicine. Knockout mice are now standard tools in all mouse models of behavior and disease. In 60% of strains, knocking out a gene produces mice that are nonviable; that is, the mouse cannot survive without the knocked out gene. The Monell survey revealed that body weight was altered in over a third of the

viable knockout stains; 31 percent weighed less than controls (indicating that the missing genes contribute to heavier body weight), while another 3 percent weighed more (contributing to lighter weight). Extrapolating from the total number of genes in the mouse genome, this implies that over 6,000 genes could potentially contribute to the body weight of a mouse. Tordoff comments, "It is interesting that there are 10 times more genes that increase body weight than decrease it, which might help explain why it is easier to gain weight than lose it." Because body weight plays a role in many diseases, including hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease, the implications of the findings extend beyond studies of obesity and body weight. Gene knockouts reported to affect these diseases and others could potentially be due to a general effect to lower body weight. The findings also hold clinical relevance, according to lead author

le R. , PhD, a Monell geneticist. "Clinicians and other professionals concerned with the development of personalized medicine need to expand their ideas of genetics to recognize that many genes act together to determine disease susceptibility. " ------------ --------- -------Article adapted by Medical News Today from original press release.------------ --------- ------- Maureen P. Lawler also contributed to the study. The Monell Chemical Senses Center is a nonprofit basic research institute based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. For 40 years, Monell has been the nation's leading research center focused on understanding the senses of smell, taste and chemical irritation: how they function and affect lives from before birth through old age. Using a multidisciplinary approach, scientists collaborate in the areas of: sensation and perception, neuroscience and molecular biology, environmental and occupational

health, nutrition and appetite, health and well being, and chemical ecology and communication. Monell: Making Sense of Taste and Smell for 40 Years. For more information, visit http://www.monell. org/. Source: Stein Monell Chemical Senses Center

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

---

I am having the same problem... I am not throwing up but I am having

trouble getting everything down.. Did your unfill work for you? I

have an appointment on Wednesday for an unfill. Cant wait

In , sandy doyle <doylesandy@...>

wrote:

>

> Jenni,

> thank you so much for the response.. yes i was thinking i would go

get an unfill for a few weeks and give myself a break and get some

nutrients in me. Yes i want to loose weight and have done well with

the band so far. But as i said of recently, it has been miserable. So

again i thank you for the advice and i am not too far away.. so i

should take advantage of that. I will go down friday and get an

unfill. Thanks

> sandy

>

>

>

> [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Thousands Of Genes Found To

Influence Body Weight

>

>

> Thousands Of Genes Found To Influence Body Weight

>

> http://www.medicaln ewstoday. com/articles/ 94001.php

>

> Reporting in the online journal BMC Genetics , researchers from the

Monell Center have for the first time attempted to count the number

of genes that contribute to obesity and body weight.

>

> The findings suggest that over 6,000 genes - about 25 percent of

the genome - help determine an individual's body weight.

>

> " Reports describing the discovery of a new 'obesity gene' have

become common in the scientific literature and also the popular

press, " notes Monell behavioral geneticist G. Tordoff, PhD,

an author on the study.

>

> " Our results suggest that each newly discovered gene is just one of

the many thousands that influence body weight, so a quick fix to the

obesity problem is unlikely. "

>

> To obtain an estimate of how many genes contribute to body weight,

the Monell researchers surveyed the Laboratory Mouse Genome

Database for information on body weights of knockout mouse strains.

>

> Knockout mice have had a specific gene inactivated, or " knocked

out. " By studying how the knockout mice differ from normal mice,

researchers obtain information about that gene's function and how it

might contribute to disease. Mice can provide valuable information on

human disease because they share many genes with humans.

>

> The knockout approach is so useful that the inventors of the

technology were awarded the 2007 Nobel Prize in Medicine. Knockout

mice are now standard tools in all mouse models of behavior and

disease.

>

> In 60% of strains, knocking out a gene produces mice that are

nonviable; that is, the mouse cannot survive without the knocked out

gene.

>

> The Monell survey revealed that body weight was altered in over a

third of the viable knockout stains; 31 percent weighed less than

controls (indicating that the missing genes contribute to heavier

body weight), while another 3 percent weighed more (contributing to

lighter weight).

>

> Extrapolating from the total number of genes in the mouse genome,

this implies that over 6,000 genes could potentially contribute to

the body weight of a mouse.

>

> Tordoff comments, " It is interesting that there are 10 times more

genes that increase body weight than decrease it, which might help

explain why it is easier to gain weight than lose it. "

>

> Because body weight plays a role in many diseases, including

hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease, the implications of the

findings extend beyond studies of obesity and body weight. Gene

knockouts reported to affect these diseases and others could

potentially be due to a general effect to lower body weight.

>

> The findings also hold clinical relevance, according to lead author

le R. , PhD, a Monell geneticist. " Clinicians and other

professionals concerned with the development of personalized medicine

need to expand their ideas of genetics to recognize that many genes

act together to determine disease susceptibility. "

>

> ------------ --------- -------

> Article adapted by Medical News Today from original press release.

> ------------ --------- -------

>

> Maureen P. Lawler also contributed to the study.

>

> The Monell Chemical Senses Center is a nonprofit basic research

institute based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. For 40 years, Monell

has been the nation's leading research center focused on

understanding the senses of smell, taste and chemical irritation: how

they function and affect lives from before birth through old age.

Using a multidisciplinary approach, scientists collaborate in the

areas of: sensation and perception, neuroscience and molecular

biology, environmental and occupational health, nutrition and

appetite, health and well being, and chemical ecology and

communication. Monell: Making Sense of Taste and Smell for 40 Years.

For more information, visit http://www.monell. org/.

>

> Source: Stein

> Monell Chemical Senses Center

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

> http://www./r/hs

>