RemedySpot.com

oops! It was sent before I finished! - Sleeve

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As far as Mexico, I chose that site because my health insurance didn't cover the sleeve. Kaiser is now covering it, but you have to jump through all of these hoops for at least one year and then they will either accept you or reject you. I didn't want to spend the next year waiting to see if they would accept me into the program. I wanted to get my life straight now and not wait.

So, I embarked on a journey of research to find a surgeon who was reputable, skilled, and knowledgeable in laproscopic surgery. I kept finding out information from mostly nurses and medical personnel who had their surgery done in Mexico. I initially inquired about the band, but quickly changed my mind when I heard about the sleeve and no maintainence required! I didn't care about my stomach being removed.....I was fine with that. I don't need that extra stomach anyway! So, I finally got my money together and madet he appointment and was not scared at all! I had a lot of people asking me why I was going to Mexico, but since I live near the border in San Diego, I was familiar with a lot of the medical procedures and differences in the philosophies between the US and Mexico.

I went with Dr. Aceves because of the people who had their surgery done by him raved about the hospital and staff. I had also talked with a physician in Mexico whose husband had a band and it ruptured. I knew after that, I didn't want a band! So, my sister who was a big skeptic, didn't want me to go to Mexico, but after she was with me in the hospital and she stayed there, she was so impressed that she said she would go there if the need ever arose!

The hospital was exceptionally clean, the staff very professional, the equipment up-to-date and modern. A lot of their equipment and supplies come from the US, so it is hospita grade and used in the US too. The surgery itself was not painful and I woke up right away and feeling fine! I healed very quickly and my scars are small reddish purple lines - very small - but I am very fair skinned and they are still darker in color. I don't care since I am not going out in a bikini any time soon!

So, I now no longer snore or have trouble sleeping. I sleep very well and no longer have the headaches or acid reflux, or gas, or stomach pains when too full or feeling sluggish. If I get to the point now of feeling the slightest feeling of being full, I stop because it is too uncomfortable to be full on the sleeve. It is painful and I like having the reminder of pain to stop me from being too full.

I have lost over 50lbs since June 27th. I am very happy with my weight loss and do not regret ONE day. I never felt remorse or regret getting the surgery. I wanted to do something to stop this cycle of weight gain and loss and get into a healthier lifestyle.

I know with this surgery that I am feeling so much better with so much more energy to do things that I would put off before because I was too tired. I am no longer bound by having to get something to eat because I will not feel good if I don't....I can go longer periods without the negative effects....but try to eat a healthier diet because I am limited in my stomach size and want to put the best into my innards.

If you are considering this surgery, this is by far the best doctor and staff, and the best decision you will ever make!

I wish you the best!

Gail

From: mjcamarena54 <mjcamarena54>Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Sleeve @groups. comReceived: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 11:36 PM

Hi everyone,My name is Margaret and I'm thinking about having the sleeve surgery but I concers. I have never been to doctor outside of the US and I have done all my research on Dr. Aceves. Everything I have read sounds really good so far. But I guess what I'm trying to understand why Mexico instead of the US? How was the hospital and staff their? Did they attend to you once the surgery was done? I want to know if anyone out there had acid reflux before the surgery and if so has it gone away? How about sleeping at night. Did anyone have trouble falling a sleep and restlessness at night? If so did this go away with the surgery? I'm just starting my research and any info you can give me will really help. Thanking you in advace for any assistance.Margaret

Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!