RemedySpot.com

Re: Quick Questions?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

. You have the three weights defined correctly. Some add a 4th number. Highest weight before starting a pre0op diet is sometimes added first then the three you mention. Not everyone does the pre-0p diet so that method is not always used. But you are very clever to figure it out on your own.

With regard to diet once you get back on solid foods, just move slowly. You will definitely be eating less and some of the foods you used to eat at a specific meal may or may not be possible with the band, i.e., scrambled eggs. I would suggest you use your best judgment in trying to craft an eating plan that works out for you, meeting the food groups, getting in your protein and veggies, and planned snacks. I sort of went by a weight watcher guideline but I couldn't even eat all of that food. Homemade veggie soup from the weight watcher plan was a lifesaver for helping me feel satisfied. I love vegetables so I would make a big pot of soup on Sunday and eat it all week. You can even blend it and drink it easily. I can control the sodium when I make my own soup and the calories are also much less than canned soups. You can add chicken or ground beef to it for some protein, too. Just about the time you figure out your band, it will be time for a fill, then you start all over figuring out at that new restriction amount what and when you can eat and what your band will allow and what it rejects!

New bandsters (and we have all been there) have to learn by experimenting with our foods, band and fills. I would suggest you keep a protein drink in your day after you begin foods again. When I don't get the protein, I am hungry and I don't lose. I wish we all had easy answers for you that would magically "fix" us overnight. We are all different and our bodies react differently to our situations. Some days one thing will work and others it won't. Relax, enjoy your journey, you are going to be a GREAT LOSER!

All the best.

C

Tampa

> > From: claudiaaestrada@...> Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:43:33 +0000> Subject: Quick Questions?> > I am like 13 days into my post op diet. I was wondering, once we can > start to eat soft foods did you guys follow a specific diet or just ate > less. I was looking for recepies that would add up to 800 calories a > day but I was wanted to know what is it that you guys did?> > Also I had a question about the three weights is it like this:> initial weight/current weight/goal weight> > > > >

. Thank You so mucho for the advice I really apprecitate it.

[Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Quick Questions?> > I am like 13 days into my post op diet. I was wondering, once we can > start to eat soft foods did you guys follow a specific diet or just ate > less. I was looking for recepies that would add up to 800 calories a > day but I was wanted to know what is it that you guys did?> > Also I had a question about the three weights is it like this:> initial weight/current weight/goal weight> > > > >