RemedySpot.com

Re: Do your realize how much you are saving?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It makes a lot of sense & your numbers sure add up. However, I am sure all of us will end up with MORE.......more years to live from losing weight & isn't that the best bonus!!

I was in 's Secret today to buy 3 Pink sweatsuits for my granddaughters. As I looked around, I realized it had been years since I had bought anything there for myself. I smiled, realizing that by summer, there's a very good chance I'll be back buying some pink for myself. It was such a satisfying feeling. I'll gladly give up a bowl of chocolate ice cream!

From: suzanne.hinshaw <SuzanneSH@...>Subject: Do your realize how much you are saving? Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 10:39 AM

Hi Everyone,I was was talking with someone who has had the sleeve surgery too just a little while ago on the phone and we were talking about how much less we spending on things because of our new small size with our stomach. If you are saying "Oh I can't afford to do this." I am telling you that you CAN'T afford NOT to do this. First of all just what is good health worth to you? In the end you will spend more if your continue to be overweight. The cost of my sleeve was $9,500 and In one year and 2 months I will have saved enough to pay for the cost of the WLS. I really never thought about it much until I sat down and looked at what I had spent in the last month on my budget in Quicken. Here is what I came up with. Remember your saving may not be what mine are--this is about my saving.I will spend $425.00 less per month on Groceries--that is a total of $5,100 per year lessI will

spend $65.00 per month less on Medications --that is a total of $780.00 per year lessI will spend $200.00 less on Dinning out-- that is a total of $2,400 per year less. And when I do go out and eat, I bring enough home that I can eat 5 meals on what I brought home.I have a total of $8,200 per year of saving and if you add 2 months at $690.00 I will have saved $9,580. So I will have save enough in 1 year and two months to pay for the cost of my surgery.When I made the choice to have this surgery, it wasn't about the money. But, I have had a lot of people say doesn't it cost a lot to pay for this yourself? So this is my answer to them--NO. I had the surgery so that I would be healthy and feel better. I checked out all the risks and I knew this was the right thing for me. So if you are thinking about doing this, here is just another point of view. Knitterinalaska wrote in October

before she was going to have the lap band WLS about "Someday" and it really touched me. I was all the things she said that "Someday" might come true for her after she lost her weight. I hope they all do! a, you are worth the cost of your surgery.So many people look at it and let the factor of money make them stop and think about this--I know I gave it a lot of thought before I paid for it. I am worth it and I really feel it more now than I ever have.I hope that all of you feel the very same way--thrilled you did it. Have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy your new life. It is amazing what WLS brings each and every one of us! We are all better with LESS.Hugs,Suzanne

Hi Anita,

Thanks for your wise comments. I also say the same thing--I am a cheap date! Yes, I wrote this in hopes that it would make people see all the ways the sleeve changes your life. And they are all for the better. Thanks for adding your information too.

Suzanne

In a message dated 12/12/2008 2:11:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, abreeze@... writes:

Hi Suzanne!I love Quicken almost as much as I love my sleeve! And yes, it didn'ttake long for me to realize that I was saving a fortune! I now go toCostco every 2nd or 3rd week instead of every week. If I do go to arestaurant, my meal gives me at least 2 more meals. When the gang atwork goes to 's, it cost me $1.67 for the small chili. I'm areal cheap date now!So I hope that this gives something to think about for those that aresitting on the fence about being self pay.Anita>> Hi Everyone,> > I was was talking with someone who has had the sleeve surgery too > just a little while ago on the phone and we were talking about how > much less we spending on things because of our new small size with > our stomach. If you are saying "Oh I can't afford to do this." I am > telling you that you CAN'T afford NOT to do this. First of all just > what is good health worth to you? In the end you will spend more if > your continue to be overweight. The cost of my sleeve was $9,500 and > In one year and 2 months I will have saved enough to pay for the cost > of the WLS. I really never thought about it much until I sat down > and looked at what I had spent in the last month on my budget in > Quicken. Here is what I came up with. Remember your saving may not > be what mine are--this is about my saving.> > I will spend $425.00 less per month on Groceries--that is a total of > $5,100 per year less> > I will spend $65.00 per month less on Medications --that is a total > of $780.00 per year less> > I will spend $200.00 less on Dinning out-- that is a total of $2,400 > per year less. And when I do go out and eat, I bring enough home > that I can eat 5 meals on what I brought home.> > I have a total of $8,200 per year of saving and if you add 2 months > at $690.00 I will have saved $9,580. So I will have save enough in 1 > year and two months to pay for the cost of my surgery.> > When I made the choice to have this surgery, it wasn't about the > money. But, I have had a lot of people say doesn't it cost a lot to > pay for this yourself? So this is my answer to them--NO. I had the > surgery so that I would be healthy and feel better. I checked out > all the risks and I knew this was the right thing for me. So if you > are thinking about doing this, here is just another point of view. > > Knitterinalaska wrote in October before she was going to have the lap > band WLS about "Someday" and it really touched me. I was all the > things she said that "Someday" might come true for her after she lost > her weight. I hope they all do! a, you are worth the cost of > your surgery.> > So many people look at it and let the factor of money make them stop > and think about this--I know I gave it a lot of thought before I paid > for it. I am worth it and I really feel it more now than I ever have.> > I hope that all of you feel the very same way--thrilled you did it. > Have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy your new life. It is amazing > what WLS brings each and every one of us! We are all better with LESS.> > Hugs,> Suzanne> Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Hi Suzanne!

I love Quicken almost as much as I love my sleeve! And yes, it didn't

take long for me to realize that I was saving a fortune! I now go to

Costco every 2nd or 3rd week instead of every week. If I do go to a

restaurant, my meal gives me at least 2 more meals. When the gang at

work goes to 's, it cost me $1.67 for the small chili. I'm a

real cheap date now!

So I hope that this gives something to think about for those that are

sitting on the fence about being self pay.

Anita

>

> Hi Everyone,

>

> I was was talking with someone who has had the sleeve surgery too

> just a little while ago on the phone and we were talking about how

> much less we spending on things because of our new small size with

> our stomach. If you are saying " Oh I can't afford to do this. " I am

> telling you that you CAN'T afford NOT to do this. First of all just

> what is good health worth to you? In the end you will spend more if

> your continue to be overweight. The cost of my sleeve was $9,500 and

> In one year and 2 months I will have saved enough to pay for the cost

> of the WLS. I really never thought about it much until I sat down

> and looked at what I had spent in the last month on my budget in

> Quicken. Here is what I came up with. Remember your saving may not

> be what mine are--this is about my saving.

>

> I will spend $425.00 less per month on Groceries--that is a total of

> $5,100 per year less

>

> I will spend $65.00 per month less on Medications --that is a total

> of $780.00 per year less

>

> I will spend $200.00 less on Dinning out-- that is a total of $2,400

> per year less. And when I do go out and eat, I bring enough home

> that I can eat 5 meals on what I brought home.

>

> I have a total of $8,200 per year of saving and if you add 2 months

> at $690.00 I will have saved $9,580. So I will have save enough in 1

> year and two months to pay for the cost of my surgery.

>

> When I made the choice to have this surgery, it wasn't about the

> money. But, I have had a lot of people say doesn't it cost a lot to

> pay for this yourself? So this is my answer to them--NO. I had the

> surgery so that I would be healthy and feel better. I checked out

> all the risks and I knew this was the right thing for me. So if you

> are thinking about doing this, here is just another point of view.

>

> Knitterinalaska wrote in October before she was going to have the lap

> band WLS about " Someday " and it really touched me. I was all the

> things she said that " Someday " might come true for her after she lost

> her weight. I hope they all do! a, you are worth the cost of

> your surgery.

>

> So many people look at it and let the factor of money make them stop

> and think about this--I know I gave it a lot of thought before I paid

> for it. I am worth it and I really feel it more now than I ever have.

>

> I hope that all of you feel the very same way--thrilled you did it.

> Have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy your new life. It is amazing

> what WLS brings each and every one of us! We are all better with LESS.

>

> Hugs,

> Suzanne

>

Could not have said this better myself.

From: suzanne.hinshaw <SuzanneSH@...>Subject: Do your realize how much you are saving? Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 10:39 AM

Hi Everyone,I was was talking with someone who has had the sleeve surgery too just a little while ago on the phone and we were talking about how much less we spending on things because of our new small size with our stomach. If you are saying "Oh I can't afford to do this." I am telling you that you CAN'T afford NOT to do this. First of all just what is good health worth to you? In the end you will spend more if your continue to be overweight. The cost of my sleeve was $9,500 and In one year and 2 months I will have saved enough to pay for the cost of the WLS. I really never thought about it much until I sat down and looked at what I had spent in the last month on my budget in Quicken. Here is what I came up with. Remember your saving may not be what mine are--this is about my saving.I will spend $425.00 less per month on Groceries--that is a total of $5,100 per year lessI will

spend $65.00 per month less on Medications --that is a total of $780.00 per year lessI will spend $200.00 less on Dinning out-- that is a total of $2,400 per year less. And when I do go out and eat, I bring enough home that I can eat 5 meals on what I brought home.I have a total of $8,200 per year of saving and if you add 2 months at $690.00 I will have saved $9,580. So I will have save enough in 1 year and two months to pay for the cost of my surgery.When I made the choice to have this surgery, it wasn't about the money. But, I have had a lot of people say doesn't it cost a lot to pay for this yourself? So this is my answer to them--NO. I had the surgery so that I would be healthy and feel better. I checked out all the risks and I knew this was the right thing for me. So if you are thinking about doing this, here is just another point of view. Knitterinalaska wrote in October

before she was going to have the lap band WLS about "Someday" and it really touched me. I was all the things she said that "Someday" might come true for her after she lost her weight. I hope they all do! a, you are worth the cost of your surgery.So many people look at it and let the factor of money make them stop and think about this--I know I gave it a lot of thought before I paid for it. I am worth it and I really feel it more now than I ever have.I hope that all of you feel the very same way--thrilled you did it. Have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy your new life. It is amazing what WLS brings each and every one of us! We are all better with LESS.Hugs,Suzanne

The same goes for plastic surgery.It seems like everyone would congratulate me on my weight loss and always finish the sentence with''I guess you'll need plastic surgery for all your loose skin ? I would snarl back ''nope I'll be able to exercise it off,tighten my tummy at the gym,and besides I'm divorced-=who's going to see me,I am not vain afterall !!

Well,the truth is-=after losing 85 lbs,2 c-=sections and 43 years old,my stomach is simply not going to magically ''lift itself up'',nor are my breasts or inner thigh skin! Yes I go to the gym 4-5 days a week,treadmill,stair climber,weights and yes I am toning up and my heart is getting stronger and I feel great ! But,I am so sick and tired of lifting my stomach to zip my pants and my saggy boobs, and my chicken skin inner thighs-so I decided to see Dr. Bello last week for a professional opininion and he confirmed the facts-my body will never lift itself up without surgery.He then showed me before and after pictures and my mind was made up.It was like the excitement I felt when I was going to have the lapband surgery! Like yes,I AM REALLY,TRULY ABLE TO CHANGE MY LOOKS TO MATCH HOW I FEEL!! And for that I would pay anything! So next time you're in Mexico set up a consult with Dr. Bello and get the body you have dreamed of and deserve and no it's not

any more vain than weight loss surgery,to me it's the last part of this journey-=the reward for all the shattered years I was imprisoned overweight and hated my self.Why come this far to have to hate the saggy skin every day.Yes,it is worth the cost to me !

MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS !

SUSAN