RemedySpot.com

RE: help stuck on a plateau

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Melodi,Plateau's just seem to be a way of life with weight loss. It doesn't seem to matter if you are doing weight watchers, South Beach, had lap band etc, they are part of our lives. So that being said, when I hit a plateau, I needed a fill, got one and started losing again. If you are too tight as it, that is not the answer. For you the answer maybe to get a slight unfill. I know that seems very counter productive when you are trying to lose but if you are too tight and needing to eat mostly liquid calories, then you are so tight you may be risking a slip. If you are eating too many liquids by choice then it is a different issue. Do you live alone or are there others in your house? If there are others, try eating whatever they are eating but in smaller

portions. Besides a few obvious things like eggs and bread. I can for the most part, eat what I cooked for my family but I just eat a lot less than them. Last night I made roast and potatoes. I soaked the roast in aujus and had a few bites and then ate some potato. I'm admittedly a little too tight for where I would like to be, but I just got a fill and I'm trying to adjust my eating patterns accordingly. I also have had some big stressors and that always gets me too tight. So, my suggestion would be to try some different foods that will fill you up better and stay in that band longer :)Good luck and let us know how you are. Oh, and good job for getting back into the exercise!! Keep it up! Cyrena DOB: 1/19/07240/143/150pre-op/now/goalwww.cyrenaweeks.blogspot.com

Melodi: I understand your frustration and am experiencing the same thing. First of all, for one week I would suggest the following:

1. Keep a diary of everything that passes between your lips. Write it down or keep track of it on fitday.com (that is free). When I do this I am just amazed at how much of the percentage of what we eat is carbs.

2. Drink a protein drink for breakfast and lunch.

3. Have a salad, meat and steamed veggie for dinner

4. Snack on a fruit (apple) for an evening snack. Stay away from pears and grapes as they have too much sugar.

5. Keep track of your physical activity. 30 minutes a day if possible

6. Drink your water throughout the day. 6-8 glasses.

7. Limit caffeine to two drinks per day, coffee in a.m. or tea in p.m. if you need it. I know I like it.

8. Stay away from canned soups, veggies or anything high in sodium. Reduce your salt intake. Fresh is better for us if you can get it. Make things from scratch at home to control what is in the foods we eat.

9. Eat out less often as there are so many hidden calories in food prepared by others. (butter, oils, sugar, salt).

10. More importantly, keep a positive attitude. When you stress your body holds on to itself--I hope that makes sense.

Let's be honest with ourselves and I include myself in that statement. If we are following program, we will have some success and plateaus. A 50-55 lb. weight loss is a lot of pounds. That is remarkable in itself. When we stay on program, the plateau will move but never at the pace we want it to. I have had it last as long as six long weeks before it moved again. That stinks, for sure. WE are all here for you. Perhaps others have some good hints for you that can move that scale again.

All the best!

C

Tampa

> > From: lynchmelodi@...> Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:00:37 +0000> Subject: help stuck on a plateau> > Hello, new to this site, didn't even know Dr. Aceves had it. Had > surgery in July lost about 50 or a little more, I seem to go up and > down within a 5 pound limit. I can't get past the 50 - 55 mark. Any > suggestions. > > I'm tight, have had two fills, I found that I do eat too many liquid > calories in the form of soups/crackers. Trying to cut that back and > stick to solids only. I'm back on a good exercise program after the > holidays but still not going anywhere. Any great ideas would love to > hear them, still want to lose about 80 more lbs. Thanks Melodi > > > > >