RemedySpot.com

Hey Gail

Rate this topic

Guest guest

He said I'm to new as of yet..But we'd talk about it in the future!! Also I shouldn't worry to much!! I'm not worried, and told him so..But he is an authoriedy(sp?) and I respect him for that..But I'm am entittled to my say..And as I told him the idea of tx scares the hell out of me..no kidding!!! Kathy

RE: hey Gail

Sounds like you have a good doctor and as much as it may hurt I would rather a person be honest with me.Sure it is scary,cause none of us want to die,but we have to do what is best for each of us.Most of my life was garbage and since I met my present husband,my life is the way it should have been from the beginning.I am 60 yrs old and only been truly happy for 15 of those years.I wanted more happy years,so I took the crap shoot and fortunately won this time.I should have been dead so many times in my life,but God must have a plan for me cause I am still here.We all have to make our own choices.I made mine and even if it hadn't worked and a better treatment came,I would go for it again because of what I have to look forward too.If your doctor is honest with you,how does he feel about treatment for you?Take care hon.

Gail

http://deveauxkennels.tk

mailto:gaila@...

-----Original Message-----From: Kathy brunow [mailto:kathy-boo@...]Sent: February 7, 2005 9:49 PMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: hey Gail

Cute Gail. thanks for making me feel less like a donkeys butt..Tried sometime new and it looked wierd..Cute huh.. both of us have pushed the corner of the envelope..And we still are us..Nothing is a sure thing..My uncleBud would've said that it's just a crap shot...Gail you are a great person..And a wonderful example for those starting or going though treatment..what I was trieing to say was that I had two choices...Lucky you got the chance to go though tx..And won!!!! I have a transplant support meeting on the 15th..The topic of discussion will be after treatment for Hepatitis c patients..Dr.. Van Theil has always been honest to me about my prognocess..At times way to honest, I have walked out of his office almost in tears..We have talked about Deb and and Jon and how they are doing..Relax I didn't tell him your names ok!!! Yeah and he agrees with you all, it's a crap shot..See not all doctors candy coat every thing..So we now agree it is like shotting rubber bands at the moon..Transplants and treatment and treatment after transplants etc...Just keep your fingers crossed, and go with it..Kathy b...

He sis tell me that if I go though tx and fail it means the hep will double up on me..Thats honest..But life is a crap shot..Kathy

RE: hey Gail

Sounds like you have a good doctor and as much as it may hurt I would rather a person be honest with me.Sure it is scary,cause none of us want to die,but we have to do what is best for each of us.Most of my life was garbage and since I met my present husband,my life is the way it should have been from the beginning.I am 60 yrs old and only been truly happy for 15 of those years.I wanted more happy years,so I took the crap shoot and fortunately won this time.I should have been dead so many times in my life,but God must have a plan for me cause I am still here.We all have to make our own choices.I made mine and even if it hadn't worked and a better treatment came,I would go for it again because of what I have to look forward too.If your doctor is honest with you,how does he feel about treatment for you?Take care hon.

Gail

http://deveauxkennels.tk

mailto:gaila@...

-----Original Message-----From: Kathy brunow [mailto:kathy-boo@...]Sent: February 7, 2005 9:49 PMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: hey Gail

Cute Gail. thanks for making me feel less like a donkeys butt..Tried sometime new and it looked wierd..Cute huh.. both of us have pushed the corner of the envelope..And we still are us..Nothing is a sure thing..My uncleBud would've said that it's just a crap shot...Gail you are a great person..And a wonderful example for those starting or going though treatment..what I was trieing to say was that I had two choices...Lucky you got the chance to go though tx..And won!!!! I have a transplant support meeting on the 15th..The topic of discussion will be after treatment for Hepatitis c patients..Dr.. Van Theil has always been honest to me about my prognocess..At times way to honest, I have walked out of his office almost in tears..We have talked about Deb and and Jon and how they are doing..Relax I didn't tell him your names ok!!! Yeah and he agrees with you all, it's a crap shot..See not all doctors candy coat every thing..So we now agree it is like shotting rubber bands at the moon..Transplants and treatment and treatment after transplants etc...Just keep your fingers crossed, and go with it..Kathy b...

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Hi Gail,

I read your post and was so happy to hear you have lost 15 lbs

already !!!

I know what you mean about hating pictures. I have had to be (out of

politeness)

in alot of pictures this past Spring. I would look at them and cringe. Being in

denial about how big I had gotten had me seeing my old thinner self in my

mind. Seeing the big me in the picture always came as such a shock.

Well, I have lost 21 lbs so far. And it would probably be another lb or

2 if

I

could take a decent poop. I have started on mushies just a few hours ago. I

made some mashed potatoes,some soggy broccoli and a mashed up piece

of cod. I can only take in a few bites before I get an uncomfotable feeling

right

behind my sternum. And I'll tell ya, it's not easy not being able to drink

liquids

with meals. That's gonna take some getting used to. Anyway, so far I am

happy that I actually followed through with this surgery and my arthritic knees

are thanking me. I haven't done a lot of walking but I have gone back to the

pool to do some deep water aerobic exercise and swimming.

Yes, isn't it nice to see your clothes getting baggy. The day or 2

after I

had surgery, I ordered a work uniform in a size smaller than I wore, hoping

that it would fit me by the time I went back to work. Well, it is kind of snug,

but

I'm wearing it now. And all of my pants/tops are getting looser and longer.

Keep me posted about your progress. I love hearing from you !!! Keep up the

good work !!! PS...How is your sister Judy doing? Catch ya later, Loretta