RemedySpot.com

MY FIRST FILL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, for first fill....depending on how you want to deal with it. When a group

of us got our first fills with Dr. Ortiz's partner, Dr. ez, who the ladies

all say is as cute and hunky as they come, we all decorated our bellies. One

put hearts and flowers on hers. Mine said " Fill virgin, be gentle, please " and

another said " kiss me before you prick me " and so on. A little tacky, but lots

of fun, and the docs appreciated it. We also saw Dr. Ortiz and he also liked

the decorations. And the fills were fine, under fluoro, and really painless.

They are ones who think that the numbing shot first is more painful than the

actual shot, and I agree. But each doc has his own procedures.

It'll be fine.

dan

I never complain, never ask why, please don't let my dreams run dry....

www.mylapband.tk

Dan Lester, Boise, Idaho, USA

Dr. Ortiz, Tijuana, 4/27/03

355/323/212/190

My first fill

>Hello everyone,

> I go fo rmy first fill on Monday. I hope I don't incure any of the

>troubles Diane is dealing with..(glad you are feeling better Diane)

>Makes me a little nervous hearing the issues that can arise.. I am glad

>the group is here to walk us through these issues...I know it is

>important to know what can go wrong so we know how to handle it when/if

>they occure.Being the first fill and unsure really what to expect makes

>me a little nervous.. The unknown.. I'm sure after the first one I will

>be fine.. It's just the unknown now...Is it ok to eat before my fill? I

>read the post saying no solids for 24 hrs after the fill but what about

>the menu before the fill.. any restrictions on that? Anything else I

>should be aware of? Thanks for all the wonderful info...

>Thanks Sharon S

>

>

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

HI SHERI, THIS YOU LONG LOST FRIEND JANICE FROM GA.HOW ARE YOU DOING,TELL YOUR YOUR DAUGHTER I SAID HELLO, I WENT FOR MY FIRST FILL THIS WEEK BACK TO MEXICO, I GOT TO SEEN SOME OF THE STAFF, DR. CAMPOS GIVE ME 2.5ML, SO FAR I BEEN DOING FINE, EXCEPT I HAVE GAIN 13LB OF MY WEIGHT BACK, THAT IS WHEN NEW IT WAS TIME TO GET A FILL.Sheri Reeves <cooladdict@...> wrote: Dr. Neal? I hear he is awesome. There were quite afew patients of his at the bandster bash. I know acouple of people I work with use him. Dr. Fox does not use

fluro, but he is the doctor thatstarted the clinical trials in the US, so he has beendoing fills longer than anybody else. I went for myappointment today. He gave me another ml, bringing mytotal to 5. He said he thought I only had 3 mls, butwhen he withdrew all of the saline there were 4 ml. This fill definitely feels way different. I feel aLOT of restriction! He told me his goal is to get meto where I will not tolerate noodles, bread, or rice. That would be good, becasue I only lost 5 pounds sincethe last fill! He was pleased with that, though,becasue I told him I only had mild to moderaterestrictions for about 2 weeks, then not so much thislast two. I went to Clean and Free this weekend inOcean Shores, and I ordered a child's enchilladadinner with rice and beans and I was able to eat theWHOLE THING!!! Yikes! That is why Dr. Fox gave me awhole ml this time. He said I definitely need morerestriction. I

would say I have to agree...After the liquid phase I will really be able to tellhow restricted I am. So far I have not made it for 6hours feeling "full". I can't wait for that!!!Good luck with your fill, Dane! Be sure to let usknow how it goes (or Annette)! Sheri--- netak@... wrote:> > he is going somewhere in olympia? i believe? > > because in auburn they dont use the flouro thing... > > i dont remember the name.. will get it for you .. > > annette > > > Re: NSV. I fit into> WHAT

size jeans?> > > > > > > > Hi Annette~> > Where is Dane getting his fill? I am getting my> second one on Wednesday. I am going to Dr. Fox in> Auburn. Fifty pounds! Wow! > > --- le <Sky_of_Gin > wrote:> > > Great to hear Dane is doing so well! I can't wait> to> > see his before & afters! Let me know how his fill> > goes!> > > > I'm not feeling entirely '"hot" yet, but I was> happy> > to see my cheekbones and collar bones come out of> > hiding again! > > > > > > [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] NSV. I fit into>

WHAT> > size jeans?> > > > > > This is long...but I'm excited!!! > > > > Since my surgery on 01/08/08 I've had several NSV.> > The first happened about a week after surgery when> I> > put on my knee high boots that I'd bought a week> > before surgery. When I got them they were TIIIGHT> on> > my calves. A week after surgery they slipped on> with> > no problem. Now I can pull them on/off without> > unzippering. > > > > Two days ago I tried on a pair of loafers I'd> gotten> > cheap but hardly ever worn because they were too> > tight on my arches. They fit *perfectly*. My FEET> > have even gotten skinnier. > > > > Having lost almost 40lbs since surgery (38.5, but> > who's counting...) My jeans have gotten> progessively> > looser. I'm

down to about three pairs that I> rotate> > washing them in hot water and drying them on high> in> > hopes that they won't fall off my ass during the> > day. Finally tonight I decided to break down and> buy> > a new pair of jeans. Half as encouragement to> myself> > that I really have lost weight, because I don't> > really see it. > > > > I work at a bulk warehouse, Costco, and we sell> > jeans. The Levi's I've been wearing I bought> there,> > they were a size 14. Prior to surgery they> > were...snug. Tonight I figured I'd try on a pair> of> > 12's just to see if they fit okay. Then, on a whim> > of incredible insanity I grabbed a pair of 10's. I> > figured I'd try on the 10's to see how much more> > weight I had to lose before they fit me. > > > > Tried on the

12s... as soon as I pulled them onto> my> > leg I thought to myself "Humph. That's odd. These> > feel kinda loose They might even be baggy on me."> I> > pulled them up, and sure enough, they were lose on> > me. With a hesitant glimmer of hope, I tried on> the> > 10s. > > > > This was my inner dialog with myself as I tried> them> > on:> > "First leg, still feeling kinda loose, other leg,> > going good. pull them up...there's no way these> are> > going to zipper up....Oh. My. Laws.> > They....zippered. They're....kinda loose.> > I...haven't fit into a 10 since I was.....17..> > ...There' s NO WAY these are 10s....*double checks> > size*....they' re really a 10..."> > > > Then I went all out. Let's go for crazy, and see> how> > much more I need to lose

before I fit into the> 8's.> > Probably at least another 10-15lbs. I didn't even> > get psyched up about trying on the 8s, I figured> > they're just be a mess but give me an idea of how> > far I had to go before I hit one of my goals - to> be> > a size 8 in 08. > > > > HOLY MARY MOMMA OF GOD! THEY FIT! > > > > I am typing this wearing my brand new Dark Blue> > Stretch Bootleg Levi's in a SIZE 8!!!! Now I know> > everyone says that, but I *never* thought I'd be> > this bad. I've read stories similair to mine and> > thought to myself "What the hell is wrong with> this> > person? They lost XXlbs! Of course their pant size> > changed! I'll never be that way. I'll be squeezing> > myself into smaller sizes as soon as they fit!"> but> > yet here I am. It really does creep up on you.

> > > > > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all> with> > Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > > Supercharge your AIM. Get the AIM toolbar for your> > browser. > > > > > > > > > >>__________________________________________________________> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? > > Find them fast with Search. >http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> >__________________________________________________________> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Search.>http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> > > > __________________________________________________________Never miss a thing. Make your home page. http://www./r/hsJanice Stokes478-213-8529janicestkes@...www.marykay.com/jstokes7

Guest guest

no, he didn't say anything about having any saline in already, but he say that have 2.5 cc now, and i fell a little different, i can't eat as much as before. and i am liking it. i did needed this fill real bad, and happy that i made the trip back to mexicali. janice,Sheri Reeves <cooladdict@...> wrote: So did Dr. Campos say if there was saline already inyour band? I guess they sometimes have to put alittle in at

surgery to hold the band in place. Ithink I already had 1 cc. Right now I have 5!!!! Itis really cool having this much restriction. Iabsolutely cant eat during the day. I might be ableto have a little texture at night, because it loosensup a little bit, but I have to chew really reallyreally well. How do you feel since your fill? Sureis different, huh?--- Janice Stokes <janicestokes2003 > wrote:> HI SHERI, THIS YOU LONG LOST FRIEND JANICE FROM> GA.HOW ARE YOU DOING,TELL YOUR YOUR DAUGHTER I SAID> HELLO, I WENT FOR MY FIRST FILL THIS WEEK BACK TO> MEXICO, I GOT TO SEEN SOME OF THE STAFF, DR. CAMPOS> GIVE ME 2.5ML, SO FAR I BEEN DOING FINE, EXCEPT I> HAVE GAIN 13LB OF MY WEIGHT BACK, THAT IS WHEN NEW> IT WAS TIME TO GET A FILL.> > Sheri Reeves <cooladdict > wrote: > Dr. Neal? I hear he is awesome. There were quite a> few patients of his at the bandster bash. I know a> couple of people I work with use him. > > Dr. Fox does not use fluro, but he is the doctor> that> started the clinical trials in the US, so he has> been> doing fills longer than anybody else. I went for my> appointment today. He gave me another ml, bringing> my> total to 5. He said he thought I only had 3 mls, but> when he withdrew all of the saline there were 4 ml. > This fill definitely feels way different. I feel a> LOT of restriction! He told me his goal is to get me> to where I will not tolerate noodles, bread, or> rice. > That would be good, becasue I only lost 5 pounds> since> the last fill! He was pleased with that, though,> becasue I told

him I only had mild to moderate> restrictions for about 2 weeks, then not so much> this> last two. I went to Clean and Free this weekend in> Ocean Shores, and I ordered a child's enchillada> dinner with rice and beans and I was able to eat the> WHOLE THING!!! Yikes! That is why Dr. Fox gave me a> whole ml this time. He said I definitely need more> restriction. I would say I have to agree...> > After the liquid phase I will really be able to tell> how restricted I am. So far I have not made it for 6> hours feeling "full". I can't wait for that!!!> > Good luck with your fill, Dane! Be sure to let us> know how it goes (or Annette)! > > Sheri> --- netak@... wrote:> > > > > he is going somewhere in olympia? i believe? > > > > because in auburn they dont use the

flouro> thing... > > > > i dont remember the name.. will get it for you .. > > > > annette > > > > > > Re: NSV. I fit into> > WHAT size jeans?> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi Annette~> > > > Where is Dane getting his fill? I am getting my> > second one on Wednesday. I am going to Dr. Fox in> > Auburn. Fifty pounds! Wow! > > > > --- le <Sky_of_Gin > wrote:> > > > > Great to hear Dane is doing so well! I can't> wait> > to> > > see his before & afters! Let me know how his fill> > > goes!> > > > > > I'm not feeling entirely '"hot" yet, but I was> > happy> > > to see my cheekbones and collar bones come out> of> > > hiding again! > > > > > > > > > [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] NSV. I fit into> > WHAT> > > size jeans?> > > > > > > > > This is

long...but I'm excited!!! > > > > > > Since my surgery on 01/08/08 I've had several> NSV.> > > The first happened about a week after surgery> when> > I> > > put on my knee high boots that I'd bought a week> > > before surgery. When I got them they were> TIIIGHT> > on> > > my calves. A week after surgery they slipped on> > with> > > no problem. Now I can pull them on/off without> > > unzippering. > > > > > > Two days ago I tried on a pair of loafers I'd> > gotten> > > cheap but hardly ever worn because they were too> > > tight on my arches. They fit *perfectly*. My> FEET> > > have even gotten skinnier. > > > > > > Having lost almost 40lbs since surgery (38.5,> but> > > who's counting...) My jeans

have gotten> > progessively> > > looser. I'm down to about three pairs that I> > rotate> > > washing them in hot water and drying them on> high> > in> > > hopes that they won't fall off my ass during the> > > day. Finally tonight I decided to break down and> > buy> > > a new pair of jeans. Half as encouragement to> > myself> > > that I really have lost weight, because I don't> > > really see it. > > > > > > I work at a bulk warehouse, Costco, and we sell> > > jeans. The Levi's I've been wearing I bought> > there,> > > they were a size 14. Prior to surgery they> > > were...snug. Tonight I figured I'd try on a pair> > of> > > 12's just to see if they fit okay. Then, on a> whim> > > of incredible insanity I grabbed

a pair of 10's.> I> > > figured I'd try on the 10's to see how much more> > > weight I had to lose before they fit me. > > > > > > Tried on the 12s... as soon as I pulled them> onto> > my> > > leg I thought to myself "Humph. That's odd.> These> > > feel kinda loose They might even be baggy on> me."> > I> > > pulled them up, and sure enough, they were lose> on> > > me. With a hesitant glimmer of hope, I tried on> > the> > > 10s. > > > > > > This was my inner dialog with myself as I tried> > them> > > on:> > > "First leg, still feeling kinda loose, other> leg,> > > going good. pull them up...there's no way these> > are> === message truncated

===__________________________________________________________Never miss a thing. Make your home page. http://www./r/hsJanice Stokes478-213-8529janicestkes@...www.marykay.com/jstokes7

Guest guest

I wish I could have gone back to Mexicali, too! Maybe

when you get your next one I will be able to.

--- Janice Stokes <janicestokes2003@...> wrote:

> no, he didn't say anything about having any saline

> in already, but he say that have 2.5 cc now, and i

> fell a little different, i can't eat as much as

> before. and i am liking it. i did needed this fill

> real bad, and happy that i made the trip back to

> mexicali.

>

> janice,

>

> Sheri Reeves <cooladdict@...> wrote:

> So did Dr. Campos say if there was saline

> already in

> your band? I guess they sometimes have to put a

> little in at surgery to hold the band in place. I

> think I already had 1 cc. Right now I have 5!!!! It

> is really cool having this much restriction. I

> absolutely cant eat during the day. I might be able

> to have a little texture at night, because it

> loosens

> up a little bit, but I have to chew really really

> really well. How do you feel since your fill? Sure

> is different, huh?

>

> --- Janice Stokes <janicestokes2003@...>

> wrote:

>

> > HI SHERI, THIS YOU LONG LOST FRIEND JANICE FROM

> > GA.HOW ARE YOU DOING,TELL YOUR YOUR DAUGHTER I

> SAID

> > HELLO, I WENT FOR MY FIRST FILL THIS WEEK BACK TO

> > MEXICO, I GOT TO SEEN SOME OF THE STAFF, DR.

> CAMPOS

> > GIVE ME 2.5ML, SO FAR I BEEN DOING FINE, EXCEPT I

> > HAVE GAIN 13LB OF MY WEIGHT BACK, THAT IS WHEN NEW

> > IT WAS TIME TO GET A FILL.

> >

> > Sheri Reeves <cooladdict@...> wrote:

> > Dr. Neal? I hear he is awesome. There were quite a

> > few patients of his at the bandster bash. I know a

> > couple of people I work with use him.

> >

> > Dr. Fox does not use fluro, but he is the doctor

> > that

> > started the clinical trials in the US, so he has

> > been

> > doing fills longer than anybody else. I went for

> my

> > appointment today. He gave me another ml, bringing

> > my

> > total to 5. He said he thought I only had 3 mls,

> but

> > when he withdrew all of the saline there were 4

> ml.

> > This fill definitely feels way different. I feel a

> > LOT of restriction! He told me his goal is to get

> me

> > to where I will not tolerate noodles, bread, or

> > rice.

> > That would be good, becasue I only lost 5 pounds

> > since

> > the last fill! He was pleased with that, though,

> > becasue I told him I only had mild to moderate

> > restrictions for about 2 weeks, then not so much

> > this

> > last two. I went to Clean and Free this weekend in

> > Ocean Shores, and I ordered a child's enchillada

> > dinner with rice and beans and I was able to eat

> the

> > WHOLE THING!!! Yikes! That is why Dr. Fox gave me

> a

> > whole ml this time. He said I definitely need more

> > restriction. I would say I have to agree...

> >

> > After the liquid phase I will really be able to

> tell

> > how restricted I am. So far I have not made it for

> 6

> > hours feeling " full " . I can't wait for that!!!

> >

> > Good luck with your fill, Dane! Be sure to let us

> > know how it goes (or Annette)!

> >

> > Sheri

> > --- netak@... wrote:

> >

> > >

> > > he is going somewhere in olympia? i believe?

> > >

> > > because in auburn they dont use the flouro

> > thing...

> > >

> > > i dont remember the name.. will get it for you

> ..

> > >

> > > annette

> > >

> > >

> > > Re: NSV. I fit

> into

> > > WHAT size jeans?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi Annette~

> > >

> > > Where is Dane getting his fill? I am getting my

> > > second one on Wednesday. I am going to Dr. Fox

> in

> > > Auburn. Fifty pounds! Wow!

> > >

> > > --- le <Sky_of_Gin@...> wrote:

> > >

> > > > Great to hear Dane is doing so well! I can't

> > wait

> > > to

> > > > see his before & afters! Let me know how his

> fill

> > > > goes!

> > > >

> > > > I'm not feeling entirely ' " hot " yet, but I was

> > > happy

> > > > to see my cheekbones and collar bones come out

> > of

> > > > hiding again!

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] NSV. I fit

> into

> > > WHAT

> > > > size jeans?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > This is long...but I'm excited!!!

> > > >

> > > > Since my surgery on 01/08/08 I've had several

> > NSV.

> > > > The first happened about a week after surgery

> > when

> > > I

> > > > put on my knee high boots that I'd bought a

> week

> > > > before surgery. When I got them they were

> > TIIIGHT

> > > on

> > > > my calves. A week after surgery they slipped

> on

> > > with

> > > > no problem. Now I can pull them on/off without

> > > > unzippering.

> > > >

> > > > Two days ago I tried on a pair of loafers I'd

> > > gotten

> > > > cheap but hardly ever worn because they were

> too

> > > > tight on my arches. They fit *perfectly*. My

> > FEET

> > > > have even gotten skinnier.

> > > >

> > > > Having lost almost 40lbs since surgery (38.5,

> > but

> > > > who's counting...) My jeans have gotten

> > > progessively

> > > > looser. I'm down to about three pairs that I

> > > rotate

> > > > washing them in hot water and drying them on

>

=== message truncated ===

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping