RemedySpot.com

OT: update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hello all i just wanted to let all of you know my surgery is january

5th at 10:30am. it is a major surgery for the cancer hopefully this

time it will be gone for good! and the hard part for me is i am going

to be laid up for two months so i will probably post more than usual.

I'm an implantee from across the pond and want to say that my thoughts

and prayers are with you.

Good luck and God bless you.

Elaine (UK)

jean wrote:

>

> hello all i just wanted to let all of you know my surgery is january

> 5th at 10:30am. it is a major surgery for the cancer hopefully this

> time it will be gone for good! and the hard part for me is i am going

> to be laid up for two months so i will probably post more than usual.

>

>

• 10 months later...

Hi Donna,

How much reading have I done? Like a novel a day since I first started hanging out on this couch! :-) At least 9 or 10 books I think, mostly crime/detective mysteries but also one fantasy sci/fi and one funny mystery/romance. I'm currently working on Cornwell's Post-Mortem. DH is taking me to the library Saturday for their annual used book sale (I'll also have my eye out for exercise videos since VHS tapes & DVDs will also be sold)!

Alright, back to my typing. I have to input all the volunteer survey forms so that I can start getting the names & contact info to chairpeople and the first event is October 16. The chairperson needs it by this weekend but isn't bugging me about it at all. I just want to get it done.

OT: Update Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 11:12 AM

Hi everyone!

I saw the doc yesterday and he is very pleased with my progress and how everything is looking. I am too. The stitches haven't absorbed yet so I'll know better when they're gone but so far, I'm liking the results very much. The little bit I've exercised I haven't noticed any of the discomfort I had before the surgery either nor do I notice it other times that I used to, so far so good.

I've had a great deal of discomfort to deal with though and talked with the doc about it. He said he must have really ticked off the pectoralis major muscle plus the implant pushes against it as I move my arms in various ways, including reading & typing depending on how I'm sitting so the last 10 days have not been a ton of fun but certainly not terrible either. He said it isn't a common problem but certainly isn't unheard of either and put me on prescription strength (600 mg I think) Motrin to take care of the intense inflammation. I call it Mega Motrin! I can take them every 4 hours. My left arm doesn't go across my body too well either and he wants me to do gentle stretching for that and reassured me I wouldn't cause any damage doing so. I started yesterday with both and immediately noticed a difference, especially if I stretch shortly after taking Mega Motrin! He said it might take a few weeks to a few months to make the inflammation go away completely but so far, so good. I can type without pain for about a half hour. I've been doing some PTO volunteer database typing work just now and am already feeling it a bit so I'm going to take a break after I type this update but I wanted to let you know that I'm finally really starting to feel better. I still can't drive for another almost 2 weeks and can't exercise beyond light walking for another 3 weeks but I'm finally feeling hopeful that I'll be able to those things comfortably at those times. I'm hoping to do some reading on EV later today, in between the typing I have to do and other stuff (like the book I'm reading!) but I don't even hope to actually catch up with all the conversations I've missed lately. Will jump in and out of threads as I can though. I hope everyone else is doing well too!

! I've been thinking about you! REST! Will the muscle and the implant

continue to aggravate each other once you are healed?

((hugs))

a

>

> Hi everyone!

>

> I saw the doc yesterday and he is very pleased with my progress and how

everything is looking. I am too. The stitches haven't absorbed yet so I'll know

better when they're gone but so far, I'm liking the results very much. The

little bit I've exercised I haven't noticed any of the discomfort I had before

the surgery either nor do I notice it other times that I used to, so far so

good.

>

> I've had a great deal of discomfort to deal with though and talked with the

doc about it. He said he must have really ticked off the pectoralis major muscle

plus the implant pushes against it as I move my arms in various ways, including

reading & typing depending on how I'm sitting so the last 10 days have not been

a ton of fun but certainly not terrible either. He said it isn't a common

problem but certainly isn't unheard of either and put me on prescription

strength (600 mg I think) Motrin to take care of the intense inflammation. I

call it Mega Motrin! I can take them every 4 hours. My left arm doesn't go

across my body too well either and he wants me to do gentle stretching for that

and reassured me I wouldn't cause any damage doing so. I started yesterday with

both and immediately noticed a difference, especially if I stretch shortly after

taking Mega Motrin! He said it might take a few weeks to a few months to make

the inflammation go away completely but so far, so good. I can type without pain

for about a half hour. I've been doing some PTO volunteer database typing work

just now and am already feeling it a bit so I'm going to take a break after I

type this update but I wanted to let you know that I'm finally really starting

to feel better. I still can't drive for another almost 2 weeks and can't

exercise beyond light walking for another 3 weeks but I'm finally feeling

hopeful that I'll be able to those things comfortably at those times. I'm hoping

to do some reading on EV later today, in between the typing I have to do and

other stuff (like the book I'm reading!) but I don't even hope to actually catch

up with all the conversations I've missed lately. Will jump in and out of

threads as I can though. I hope everyone else is doing well too!

>

>

>

The reading time sounds great, but I would prefer to skip the surgery to get it! :)

Our library had their used booksale this weekend, too, unfortunately, I couldn't get there on Saturday and it was pretty picked over by Sunday. I still got a book and DD did as well.

I'm giving Pat Conroy the hook - I am almost half way through Prince of Tides and I can't take it anymore. It got a lot of good reviews on Amazon, but I'm finding it to be too long, too tedious and too melodramatic. I may pick up the one I got at the library - it is by Andre Dumas III - I liked his Oprah book from a few years ago - so hopefully I'll like this one.

Take care,

Donna

From: nancydewolf@ sbcglobal. net <nancydewolf@ sbcglobal. net>Subject: OT: UpdateDate: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 11:12 AM

Hi everyone!

I saw the doc yesterday and he is very pleased with my progress and how everything is looking. I am too. The stitches haven't absorbed yet so I'll know better when they're gone but so far, I'm liking the results very much. The little bit I've exercised I haven't noticed any of the discomfort I had before the surgery either nor do I notice it other times that I used to, so far so good.

I've had a great deal of discomfort to deal with though and talked with the doc about it. He said he must have really ticked off the pectoralis major muscle plus the implant pushes against it as I move my arms in various ways, including reading & typing depending on how I'm sitting so the last 10 days have not been a ton of fun but certainly not terrible either. He said it isn't a common problem but certainly isn't unheard of either and put me on prescription strength (600 mg I think) Motrin to take care of the intense inflammation. I call it Mega Motrin! I can take them every 4 hours. My left arm doesn't go across my body too well either and he wants me to do gentle stretching for that and reassured me I wouldn't cause any damage doing so. I started yesterday with both and immediately noticed a difference, especially if I stretch shortly after taking Mega Motrin! He said it might take a few weeks

to a few months to make the inflammation go away completely but so far, so good. I can type without pain for about a half hour. I've been doing some PTO volunteer database typing work just now and am already feeling it a bit so I'm going to take a break after I type this update but I wanted to let you know that I'm finally really starting to feel better. I still can't drive for another almost 2 weeks and can't exercise beyond light walking for another 3 weeks but I'm finally feeling hopeful that I'll be able to those things comfortably at those times. I'm hoping to do some reading on EV later today, in between the typing I have to do and other stuff (like the book I'm reading!) but I don't even hope to actually catch up with all the conversations I've missed lately. Will jump in and out of threads as I can though. I hope everyone else is doing well too!

-

Glad to hear the the doctor's visit went so well and you are both really happy with the progress you are making. And the results. That is huge:-) That is great news about the absence of the pain that was there before too.

I am sorry you are being bothered so much with the post surgery pain- ugh. Glad there are those WONDERFUL "mega" drugs out there to help:-) That is great you noticed a difference so quickly with the stretching.

Glad you are feeling better and I hope the next couple of weeks go by really quickly for you. Staying busy with your reading and everything should help.

OT: Update

Hi everyone!

I've had a great deal of discomfort to deal with though and talked with the doc about it. He said he must have really ticked off the pectoralis major muscle plus the implant pushes against it as I move my arms in various ways, including reading & typing depending on how I'm sitting so the last 10 days have not been a ton of fun but certainly not terrible either. He said it isn't a common problem but certainly isn't unheard of either and put me on prescription strength (600 mg I think) Motrin to take care of the intense inflammation. I call it Mega Motrin! I can take them every 4 hours. My left arm doesn't go across my body too well either and he wants me to do gentle stretching for that and reassured me I wouldn't cause any damage doing so. I started yesterday with both and immediately noticed a difference, especially if I stretch shortly after taking Mega Motrin! He said it might take a few weeks to a few months to make the inflammation go away completely but so far, so good. I can type without pain for about a half hour. I've been doing some PTO volunteer database typing work just now and am already feeling it a bit so I'm going to take a break after I type this update but I wanted to let you know that I'm finally really starting to feel better. I still can't drive for another almost 2 weeks and can't exercise beyond light walking for another 3 weeks but I'm finally feeling hopeful that I'll be able to those things comfortably at those times. I'm hoping to do some reading on EV later today, in between the typing I have to do and other stuff (like the book I'm reading!) but I don't even hope to actually catch up with all the conversations I've missed lately. Will jump in and out of threads as I can though. I hope everyone else is doing well too!

said it all, and I second it.  Also sending you some great big HUGS.....DarcyOn Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 4:52 PM, <snowlily1960@...> wrote:

-

Glad to hear the the doctor's visit went so well and you are both really happy with the progress you are making. And the results. That is huge:-) That is great news about the absence of the pain that was there before too.

I am sorry you are being bothered so much with the post surgery pain- ugh. Glad there are those WONDERFUL " mega " drugs out there to help:-) That is great you noticed a difference so quickly with the stretching.

Glad you are feeling better and I hope the next couple of weeks go by really quickly for you. Staying busy with your reading and everything should help.

OT: Update

Hi everyone!

I've had a great deal of discomfort to deal with though and talked with the doc about it. He said he must have really ticked off the pectoralis major muscle plus the implant pushes against it as I move my arms in various ways, including reading & typing depending on how I'm sitting so the last 10 days have not been a ton of fun but certainly not terrible either. He said it isn't a common problem but certainly isn't unheard of either and put me on prescription strength (600 mg I think) Motrin to take care of the intense inflammation. I call it Mega Motrin! I can take them every 4 hours. My left arm doesn't go across my body too well either and he wants me to do gentle stretching for that and reassured me I wouldn't cause any damage doing so. I started yesterday with both and immediately noticed a difference, especially if I stretch shortly after taking Mega Motrin! He said it might take a few weeks to a few months to make the inflammation go away completely but so far, so good. I can type without pain for about a half hour. I've been doing some PTO volunteer database typing work just now and am already feeling it a bit so I'm going to take a break after I type this update but I wanted to let you know that I'm finally really starting to feel better. I still can't drive for another almost 2 weeks and can't exercise beyond light walking for another 3 weeks but I'm finally feeling hopeful that I'll be able to those things comfortably at those times. I'm hoping to do some reading on EV later today, in between the typing I have to do and other stuff (like the book I'm reading!) but I don't even hope to actually catch up with all the conversations I've missed lately. Will jump in and out of threads as I can though. I hope everyone else is doing well too!